Just ordered the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA

this is how mine are arranged for work, no eye infinity, crossfire 4770s

no eye strain ;)

orifice800x600.jpg

Oh I love it :) that's what my setup will look like once I order another one.

(though it will be an eyefinity setup)

So I got an email response from the Dell Customer Care department and they are saying the Refurb 2209WAs I ordered do in fact have a 3 year warranty (mental hammer time). I'll confirm this once I get the units and punch in the serial numbers into the dell site. But if that really is the case, I'm a happy camper! Now I can only hope that out of 3 monitors I won't have any dead pixels or huge backlight bleeding issues.

That is good to hear. I guess I may be getting a refurb as well.

Thanks and keep us updated. :)

For all Canadians out there, dell will be putting this monitor on sale for $209.99 starting Tuesday Mar.2, 2010. I think that's about $232.49 shipped (assuming they still have free ground shipping).

You sure, I hope it's true as I would like to order a couple more of these.

Looking at their Dell.ca site it's still as of today the 2nd of March for 369.00

I'll check again later today to see if Dell has adjusted their price.

Question: I heard the input lag of the 2209WA is pretty bad and that "hardcore gamers" should rather go for a TN panel. Does anyone use this monitor for heavy gaming? Wanted to get 3 of these for eyefinity.

Question: I heard the input lag of the 2209WA is pretty bad and that "hardcore gamers" should rather go for a TN panel. Does anyone use this monitor for heavy gaming? Wanted to get 3 of these for eyefinity.

I run 3 of these with eyefinity and I don't feel like there is any input lag. The machine it is on was built solely for gaming.

Not only does this screen not have any perceptible input lag, it is one of the few screens that can reliably do 75hz refresh rate without frame skipping.

Yup, 209.99 Canadian, awesome deal!!

Can't wait to recieve these beauties at a beautiful Canadian price.

My 2209WA arrived today. It's supposed to be A02 revision, but I can notice that the left side of the monitor is a tad more brighter than the right side. I think I can get used to it, is this normal? Can I check somehow if it's the A02 revision?

How can I enable 75Hz? I used refreshforce and windows says it's 75Hz, but monitor OSD tells 1680x1050@60Hz.

Last edited:
I have read most of all pages, about this awsome monitor.
I have some questions:

I live in the Netherlands, and I also want to buy this awsome monitor.
I can get this monitor for 335 euro inclusive shipping costs, with 3 year warranty! Via Dell I get this monitor for 425 inclusive shipping cost, much too high!

My question is, does somebody know a cheaper price than 335 euro for this monitor in the Netherlands or in Germany or in the United Kingdom.
The three year warranty is worldwide or not??
So, do you know a cheap store where I can buy this monitor for cheap in UK or something else and they will ship their monitor please let me know!!

I can buy a 2209WA, wit A00 revision, is this is a good revision or not?
And what are the difference between: A00 revision, A01 revision, A02 revision ??

Thanx for the answers!!

I have read most of all pages, about this awsome monitor.
I have some questions:

I live in the Netherlands, and I also want to buy this awsome monitor.
I can get this monitor for 335 euro inclusive shipping costs, with 3 year warranty! Via Dell I get this monitor for 425 inclusive shipping cost, much too high!

My question is, does somebody know a cheaper price than 335 euro for this monitor in the Netherlands or in Germany or in the United Kingdom.
The three year warranty is worldwide or not??
So, do you know a cheap store where I can buy this monitor for cheap in UK or something else and they will ship their monitor please let me know!!

I can buy a 2209WA, wit A00 revision, is this is a good revision or not?
And what are the difference between: A00 revision, A01 revision, A02 revision ??

Thanx for the answers!!

I ordered my 2209WA from lite-com.de for 268€ shipping costs included. Might be even less for your country. It's official place so you'll get the warranty.

Here's a quick and crappy cell phone pic of the Dell refurb monitors on my stand.
[Doh, didn't realize you couldn't directly upload pics, I'll try again later, what do you guys use to post pics on here?]
I wasn't able to easily verify the warranty online since these monitors only have serial numbers and not service tags. So I'm holding on to the email where the Dell rep told me they in fact do have a 3 year warranty (also got 1 extra year through Amex for the purchase).
All the monitors are Rev A01 and I did not find any dead pixels or very noticeable bleeding etc. On a pure white background, the one monitor did seem to have a very very slight... maybe brownish tint to it, compared to the others. I improved that by dropping the Red and Green down by 3 points each but its probably not worth replacing the monitor over that since it's hard to notice even when you're looking for it.
Next I might have to try the 75hz refresh rate.

It's only been a day, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't slightly miss my 28 inch monitor. This triple monitor setup is great for work and I haven't tried games yet (im sure I'll be blown away), but when you're used to looking at one very big monitor, there do seem to be some cons, not only pros. I don't have any regrets at all, but just wanted to point this out for people who might be considering this setup and currently have a 27 inch or bigger screen.
Now I'm on the lookout for apps and utilities that help me take advantage of multiple screens. I've come across multimon and ultramon, but haven't used those yet. Windows 7 does have some neat hotkeys that allow you to send windows to different monitors by doing shift + win key + arrow key. You can then also use the win key + arrow keys to easily maximize, minimize, restore and move to the left half or right half of the current monitor. In fact the latter, will cycle through monitors with repeated key-presses.

Got one of these last night, so far very good. Crisp, bright, colorful display, no dead pixels or color tinting, seems not to have any visible ghosting that I can see, I played BF:BC2, CS:S, and Crysis and they all looked very nice. Default OSD settings look the best, but I didn't mess with them much. Glad I finally got rid of that CRT, it was 9 years old...

Not only does this screen not have any perceptible input lag, it is one of the few screens that can reliably do 75hz refresh rate without frame skipping.

QFT. I use this panel exclusively for competitive Counter-Strike gaming. It works beautiful, and barring the use of a CRT, one of the best monitors I've ever used for gaming.

Here's a quick and crappy cell phone pic of the Dell refurb monitors on my stand.
[Doh, didn't realize you couldn't directly upload pics, I'll try again later, what do you guys use to post pics on here?]
Use imgur.com for simple image hosting.

Leopardi said:
What does the Game mode preset do? Reduce input lag like on HDTVs?
There is no lag to reduce! It's just an ugly color preset that screws with the saturation. Use standard or custom.

Is it possible to get 75hz on all 2209WAs, or is it just doable on certain revisions of it, or was it just something that was possible in the past??

Is it possible to get 75hz on all 2209WAs, or is it just doable on certain revisions of it, or was it just something that was possible in the past??

There was a thread on this here somewhere, and I think one of the members said it couldn't be done with recent nvidia drivers (at least, not as described in the guide in the thread.) I followed the guide and couldn't get it done, here's the link if you want to try: http://www.hardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1413879

There was a thread on this here somewhere, and I think one of the members said it couldn't be done with recent nvidia drivers (at least, not as described in the guide in the thread.) I followed the guide and couldn't get it done, here's the link if you want to try: http://www.hardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1413879

Yeah I haven't been able to get 75Hz since I upgraded my nividia drivers in August. If someone can give me a guide as to how to do it on the newest nividia drivers I'd be very happy.

Does anyone have slightly dimmer backlight on the edges? Nothing significant, but still catches the eye..

Yeah I haven't been able to get 75Hz since I upgraded my nividia drivers in August. If someone can give me a guide as to how to do it on the newest nividia drivers I'd be very happy.

Yes, I did read that thread and about the drivers. I haven't bought this display yet but I'm thinking about it. So the only limitations to being able to achieve 75hz that could possibly arise, would be graphics driver related?

If so then that's fine. I have no problem running older or modded drivers.

What I wish to know though (since there's often many different versions of any given display out there and they sometimes change the panel in, and so on and so forth, and making new revisions, etc, while keeping the same name)... is if it's possible to get 75hz on all versions of the 2209WA --- in other words, there's not any specific version of the 2209WA where it's not possible??

Anyway, regardless, I might not care much for the additional FPS viewed as I do not any play games (anymore that is, I used to, a lot), although I'm currently (since over 5 years back) on a CRT @ 75hz, so I guess that's part of the reason why 75hz would be nice. Feels a bit more like home that way.

(I love my E96F and it's seemingly perfect colors, but it has become unfocused and fuzzy; text is getting harder and harder to read, I'm simply forced to downgrade to an LCD...)

It's possible to get 75Hz through powerstrip on all machines on XP, and with ATi cards on vista & 7 via the custom driver.

Just got mine. Has a stuck red pixel that's only seen on a black screen. It was pretty cheap ($209cdn) so I'm debating returning it for a refund (don't want to play the "replace the panel" game).

Anyone know if Dell is still giving special deals on this right now? On a new non-refurb one.

Not as of Friday when I checked. Only real deal is the one in Canada.

Got it, thanks for the answer. I might just have to pay close to full price for a couple of them then, because my new computer is arriving in a week.

You might want to check quite often with their account managers. The price was down to $250 on Friday according to the person I always check up with, but it has not gone down to $212 like before. Price seems to fluctuate a LOT even within a day.

Having just got this monitor, I'm worried about screen burn in (I guess it's called 'image retention' on LCDs) - has anyone had a problem with the taskbar burning in? Right now I have the task bar on auto-hide and I move it around (since it still shows a line or two of the taskbar in auto-hide mode), and I was thinking about writing a program that would once a day move the task bar around to a different side of the screen, but maybe it isn't a problem on this display? So if anyone has an anecdote, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Last edited:
Having just got this monitor, I worried about screen burn in (I guess it's called 'image retention' on LCDs) - has anyone had a problem with the taskbar burning in? Right now I have the task bar on auto-hide and I move it around (since it still shows a line or two of the taskbar in auto-hide mode), and I was thinking about writing a program that would once a day move the task bar around to a different side of the screen, but maybe it isn't a problem on this display? So if anyone has an anecdote, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

If this display is anything like my 30" Dell than I would say burn-in is not an issue at all. I forgot to turn my screen-saver back on a few times and had the desktop up for almost an entire day and never had any issues.

Not a happy camper....my 2209WA that I got back in May crapped out on me while playing Arma II. The screen just stopped displaying and now won't even do the power on test. :(

Back