Just ordered the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA

Is any difference if is Dynamic Contrast (in OSD menu) turned on or off ? and what is better ?

Just got them today, wow - the one that's hooked up (currently remodeling, so no room) looks great! Never had a monitor this nice! I noticed they have a P2210 AIO as well that looks identical with the IPS panel but has a displayport, anyone seen one in real life?

Haven't seen the P2210 in real life, but was interested due to native displayport. tftcentral database says it's a TN panel though, so it's not even comparable.

Dell should release a revised 2209wa with displayport. I'd purchase one immediately.

Damn was I really that tired that I thought it said IPS?

PS - I will NEVER go back to a TN panel again.

Last edited:
Just ordered 2 2209WA's from Christa yesterday to replace my single 3007WFP-HC. It says my delivery date is a week from today, but I'm local (in Austin), so hopefully that's much sooner :)

Anyone have a good Ergotron suggestion for 2 2209WAs? I want something that doesn't clamp to the desk itself.

2010-01-20213408.jpg

I love them. I need the 5870 and the third now.

Not as much as I thought they would, and sorry for the mess - I am just finishing this room so nothing is concrete. I am actually going to try DCS:Black Shark on it but that uses the second screen for flight info/gps/targeting

PS the Droid camera sucks total ass.

Has anyone got their deliveries delayed again and again? Mine got delayed 3 times so far and now they say due to FTC rules they're going to cancel the order unless I tell them I still want to wait. :confused:

I might do an email blast to some dell execs I have on file to see if it moves things quicker or (at the very least) I get upgraded shipping to 2-3 day or overnight :D

I liked this monitor so much I got a second one. Well, it didn't go down so well. :(

The new monitor is yellow across the bottom of the screen up to the middle. I can't stop looking&thinking about it. I hope I can exchange this because I'm really not happy. I used to think all of you complaining in this thread about uniformity issues, 1 dead pixel and the like are spoiled, but when it happens to you it sucks A LOT. I must have been really lucky when I got my first monitor.

I'm also disappointed windows 7 still doesn't support a taskbar that spans across more than one screen. This isn't windows 95 anymore. :rolleyes: I hope someone can prove me wrong on that front?

I liked this monitor so much I got a second one. Well, it didn't go down so well. :(

The new monitor is yellow across the bottom of the screen up to the middle. I can't stop looking&thinking about it. I hope I can exchange this because I'm really not happy. I used to think all of you complaining in this thread about uniformity issues, 1 dead pixel and the like are spoiled, but when it happens to you it sucks A LOT. I must have been really lucky when I got my first monitor.

I'm also disappointed windows 7 still doesn't support a taskbar that spans across more than one screen. This isn't windows 95 anymore. :rolleyes: I hope someone can prove me wrong on that front?

As far as multi-monitor taskbars, Windows 7 doesn't support it natively but there are programs out there that do. The two most popular ones are UltraMon and Display Fusion.

Personally I have tried both and I would recommend Display Fusion.

Both are free BTW.

Just wanted to add that I was able to get 2 2209WA's for $212 each via Christa today. Estimated delivery is February 1st.

Well after sitting in the box for a week "acclimating" I finally had the time last night to unbox the new workstation and monitor and put it all together. There IS a Great Architect, because after DROPPING the new Lenovo workstation thanks to the lousy 'pictograph' instructions showing you how to take it out of the box, it fired up just perfect. I had to open it anyway to add 6 GB of memory and it is built like a brick. Thank the Lord.

Anyway the new monitor is damn nice. No dead pixels from what I can see, and it anythingis wrong along the very top, the blue border in IE has a slight color variation in a couple of spots. Its barely noticiable and I have not done any adjustments yet. Typeface is very sharp at native resolution. It is next to my beloved 2007 WFP, which has been running 12 hours a day for the past three years, and I cannot believe how dim it is in comparison.

Being over 50 monitor sharpness was a key issue for me and my current Ultra Sharp was a winner in that regard. The new one continues that and for the price it was a total bargain.

In general, how does the Dell 2209WA perform in gaming? Is there any noticeable input lag? Does the 5ms respose time cripple it in FPS games, causing ghosting effects?

There really isn't any noticeable lag with this monitor that I have noticed. MW2 looks great on this monitor as it should. I also have my refresh rate at 75 hertz which may help or not. I mostly game with this monitor and im not regretting it at all.

I just asked Christa that a friend had gotten the monitor for the $212 price and was wondering if they still have it for that price. Emailed me back within the next time minutes and the order over the phone took less than 10 minutes.

Same here, ordered it on the 25th, shipped on the 27th, FedEx shows delivery day is on the 2nd of February.

I noticed on the Dell site that there are 3 or 4 versions of this monitor (looks like different revisions), what's the difference between them and which one do you get by ordering through one of those ladies who offer the special deal? Thanks

Yeah, i'm also wondering why Dell is providing such a good deal to people that call in for this particular monitor. It doesn't seem like they could possibly be making a profit off of this item for $200. Are we getting an older or defective model?

It probably costs $50 to manufacture. Still plenty of profit.

I paid $460 for mine.

Mine came today, it is huge, probably I'm used to my 17". Now, was hoping to see a huge difference over my 17" NEC 70GX2, however; it disappoints me. My NEC is just as good as the 2209WA. (at least for me) in terms of picture quality. To be honest, do not see the difference in this IPS panel and my NEC 70GX2.

Mine came today, it is huge, probably I'm used to my 17". Now, was hoping to see a huge difference over my 17" NEC 70GX2, however; it disappoints me. My NEC is just as good as the 2209WA. (at least for me) in terms of picture quality. To be honest, do not see the difference in this IPS panel and my NEC 70GX2.

I owned a 70gx2 a few years ago. It was great monitor. At 17" 1280x1024" tn is okay. It when you get larger like the 2209wa that you would notice a difference between a TN and an IPS especially viewing angles. 22 inch 1680*1050 TN panels have horrible viewing angles.

I have a question on the ability of this monitor to do 75mhz refresh rate. I had a GTX 285 which i setup to run 1680x1050 @ 75mhz on this monitor based off of the directions that are buried in this thread around page 30-40's on how to manipulate the nvidia drivers. It worked great after doing the tweaks.

Since then I have purchased and installed today a XFX 5870 and notice that there is no option for the 75mhz refresh rate, and In searching I am not able to find anyway to force it either.

I can choose a lower resolution and do 75mhz but not at 1680x1050.

Does anyone know how to setup the 5870 to run 1680x1050@75mhz with this monitor?? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone know who the current contact in Dell is to purchase this monitor for $212? Apparently Keith has been moved to a different department, Destinee is out on a medical leave of absence, and Christa hasn't returned any e-mails sent concerning this monitor.

Anyone know who the current contact in Dell is to purchase this monitor for $212? Apparently Keith has been moved to a different department, Destinee is out on a medical leave of absence, and Christa hasn't returned any e-mails sent concerning this monitor.

You may have accidentally called an exotic dancer business since Destinee and Christa both sound like hooker names.

[email protected] Ordered Friday, got it yesterday.

Last edited:
Christa was out of the office (weather) - she emailed me back yesterday... Or maybe it was Monday, either was she has been backed up.

Which revision is the one you all are getting?

I might be interested, but I would want the latest revision (#5 I think it is?).

Seems to be another person now handling these discount orders: [email protected]

Sent the email to Christa late last night saying that a customer of hers told me that I could get the monitor at the discounted price from her, got a reply from Ann this morning, I replied back that I wanted to buy now, she set up a business account for me and sent the $212 quote, $225 with tax, I called her this afternoon and ordered, it's supposed to ship in a few days. Quick turnaround, she was efficient and pleasant on the phone, so a good experience with Dell so far.

I ordered it. I dont have 3d vision yet but I plan on trying it down the road (probably after fermi). Until then looking at a nice upgrade from my current monitor.

What is her phone number with extension?

Christa's direct phone number is (512) 946-0448 - if she doesn't answer leave a message and she will get back to you within a couple hours.

I ordered my 3rd monitor and the active DP adapter yesterday and they have both shipped already. If you are getting the DP adapter as well ask her if she can make a deal (she made me a very good one).

If you are getting the DP adapter as well ask her if she can make a deal (she made me a very good one).
Thanks very much for the contact information, I really appreciate it. Out of curiosity (and the risk of sounding ignorant) what is a DP adapter and what does it do/why is it important to have?

Thanks very much for the contact information, I really appreciate it. Out of curiosity (and the risk of sounding ignorant) what is a DP adapter and what does it do/why is it important to have?

You only need the displayport adapter if you are going to run 3 of these in eyefinity. One monitor must be run off displayport and this monitor doesn't have it. thus the need for the adapter.

Back