Just ordered the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA

Update: ordered 8/20, shipped today (8/27), estimated delivery date 9/2. Will post revision once it arrives.

So now they're back in regular stock (non-refurb) for $289.00. I've been waiting a long time to see if Dell would come out with a 1920 x whatever e-IPS screen, but since these models are back in stock as opposed to some new model it makes me wonder whether it would be a long wait from here. I'm thinking I may go ahead and buy the next time there's a deal on this monitor, but do you all think 1680x1050 is sufficient for editing HD video? I mean, 1920x1080 covers the whole image, and has 17% more working space...

btw.. which revision are you all wanting? The China or the Mexico one?

Last edited:
with the 20% off coupon CPWZ3?K93D5GV1 and the stackable 10% coupon 7LXC0FZZR54P3X
Price for a new 2209WA until August 30th is $208.08 before tax. I'm jumping on one of these!

just ordered mine for $208 with those two dell coupons (one 20%, one 10%), and i got an estimated delivery date of 10/1 :(

also, i ordered from small business, is there any downsides or differences between ordering from small business, and regular retail?

one more thing i noticed in my invoice, was a charge for $16 for import fees, wtf is that? i specifically put that i wouldnt import it out of the US.

EDIT: import fee actually is the state environmental fee for CA, and wow they raised it for this year from $8 to $16, CA is really raping my wallet with all there taxes.

Last edited:
So now they're back in regular stock (non-refurb) for $289.00. I've been waiting a long time to see if Dell would come out with a 1920 x whatever e-IPS screen, but since these models are back in stock as opposed to some new model it makes me wonder whether it would be a long wait from here. I'm thinking I may go ahead and buy the next time there's a deal on this monitor, but do you all think 1680x1050 is sufficient for editing HD video? I mean, 1920x1080 covers the whole image, and has 17% more working space...

btw.. which revision are you all wanting? The China or the Mexico one?

Umm they are 30% off today. If you act before midnight. 20% code + 10% stackable. I mentioned it in hot deals forum. One of the coupons expires at the end of today.

I originally had an estimated delivery date of 9/29 but mine ended up shipping out today.
nice hopefully thatll be the case for me, also did you order from small business or home?

i ordered from small business not knowing it was in stock for home, hopefully that wont delay my order.

nice hopefully thatll be the case for me, also did you order from small business or home?

i ordered from small business not knowing it was in stock for home, hopefully that wont delay my order.

I ordered through small business using the coupon. I don't think your order will be delayed.

I ordered mine through small business with the 20% +10% coupon and the estimated delivery date is 10/6. looks like I've got another month to wait hopeful less. ;)

I ordered mine through small business with the 20% +10% coupon and the estimated delivery date is 10/6. looks like I've got another month to wait hopeful less. ;)
i originally had 10/6 then in the email it said 10/1, but look at the posts above yours, most people seem to be getting them way sooner than that.

My order placed on 8/22 had an original ship date of 9/25, shipped out today. I think Dell is just being conservative with the estimates, since it seems like most people don't have to wait that long.

I ordered my 2209WA on 8/20 and it shipped today with an estimated delivery of 9/1. Let me know any revision numbers or anything you guys want and I'll post when I get it.

I just ordered mine today for $208 new with tax. My estimated delivery date is 10/7.

I already have a 19inch TN Dell monitor at home so when my new monitor comes I'm going to give the kids the 19th Dell and order another 2209wa for a dual monitor setup. If the picture quality is like you guys say it is then I don't know I could ever go back to a TN display ever.

Can't wait for the delivery.

i ordered it last night, and it already shipped this morning!

i had an estimated ship date of 10/7.

So I just ordered one! I use to have a 20" IPS panel from Dell and missed the colors. Hopefully I will love this LCD. I mainly got it for gaming due to the amazing color quality! Hopefully this beats my Asus VW266H! I just had a question...

1 - Hows the Dead pixel rate on these?

1 - Hows the Dead pixel rate on these?

Doesn't really matter except convenience. You can return/exchange the monitor for whatever reason within the first 21 days if you get a dead pixel.

FWIW, I haven't had a dead pixel on a few panels yet.

just ordered one too. I've never seen so much hype on a monitor. I hope it delivers. Never really seen an IPS screen before, but i'm expecting to be blown away. If it does, i will probably be getting the 24" dell e-ips as well.

just ordered one too. I've never seen so much hype on a monitor. I hope it delivers. Never really seen an IPS screen before, but i'm expecting to be blown away. If it does, i will probably be getting the 24" dell e-ips as well.

They don't have a 24'' e-ips.

Ordered Yesterday and shipped yesterday!

Im slightly anxious of a panel lottery situation now going on, lets hope not. Dell is not exactly innocent in that regard...

Ordered mine today, one of the coupons expired so I had to call in to get the discount. I actually did it from the home side since the business side was closed.

My ship date is 10/7. Hmmmm, wonder if I'll get it early like you guys!?!?

to anyone trying to get this screen in Canada, i feel your pain...

How come it's not available in Canada anymore? I'm interested in getting this monitor if Dell doesn't come out with a proper 24" E-IPS soon, but is it no longer available? :confused:

Also, can someone quickly list the cons of this monitor? I've heard amazing things of it, but I'd just like to know the areas in which is lacks.

Thanks.

How come it's not available in Canada anymore? I'm interested in getting this monitor if Dell doesn't come out with a proper 24" E-IPS soon, but is it no longer available? :confused:

Also, can someone quickly list the cons of this monitor? I've heard amazing things of it, but I'd just like to know the areas in which is lacks.

Thanks.

I have 3 of these. They are excellent except for 1 major drawback. Everyone has a color uniformity issue primarily with a white background. The left half of the monitor is a pure bright white. As you look from the left side of the screen to the right it gradually becomes a yellowish or cream color background and the screen is noticeably darker. We've also noticed it on shades of grays.

It drives us nuts. We've tried moving the monitors, different DVI cables including some expensive high quality ones. Nothing works.

Other than that issue, (and one poster said it has something to do with the e-ips panel) and is just part of it you have to live with, they're perfect.

I know other posters say their panel is PERFECT and doesn't have this issue. In our case we've had 3 new 2209's and 4 replacements and they ALL did it.

They run really hot. I don't think it degrades the monitor at all but it's almost scary how much they start to cook. They can heat up a room pretty quickly (could be a good thing?)

Maybe my eyesight isn't as sensitive to color as other people but both my 2209wa's don't have any uniformity problems as far as I can tell. There is the noticeable dimming on left *very* left and right edges of the screen (1cm or so from the edge) but I've noticed that in every LCD I've ever used, not sure if that's something worth complaining about.

Yea I know what you mean, my room will kick up apx 3degrees from 74/75 to 77/78 with both monitors on. 10e said to try and lower the brightness on your monitor, it helped, before I did that it was about 5/6 degrees hotter so with both down to 0 brightness it cooled down.

They run really hot. I don't think it degrades the monitor at all but it's almost scary how much they start to cook. They can heat up a room pretty quickly (could be a good thing?)

Maybe my eyesight isn't as sensitive to color as other people but both my 2209wa's don't have any uniformity problems as far as I can tell. There is the noticeable dimming on left *very* left and right edges of the screen (1cm or so from the edge) but I've noticed that in every LCD I've ever used, not sure if that's something worth complaining about.

How come it's not available in Canada anymore?
I dont know why we are getting screwed but, I have talked to seven different Dell reps and they all said thats its "discontinued". After informing them that the Dell US still has them they all said its discontinued in Canada only.
And every computer store that i knew of that sold these things in Canada are all sold out and with "not sure if they will be receiving anymore" responses.

I don't know man, i really hope everyone was just assuming things.

Just noticed when cleaning mine for the first time that the top right corner of the panel seems to be a bit loose - just gently running a cloth over it I noticed the panel move back away from the bezel.

The other corners don't seem to do this so it seems like a missing screw or something. Does anyone else's do this? As the screen seems fine in all other respects I'm not sure it's worth getting a replacement...

Back