Just ordered the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA

420€ was mentioned on the French forum... That probably means around 550€ in my country. Bah. The next time I hear "OMG, I don't have $200", I'm seriously going to kick someone in the head.

anyone have a direct line extension to Marcus?
I just called Dell SB and asked to be transferred to him and they said that there is no Marcus Jones?
the 7 digit extension gives me a voicemail of some lady?

I just called Dell SB and asked to be transferred to him and they said that there is no Marcus Jones?

shoot, hope he doesn't get caught from selling it at $200 apiece

try his direct line: 512-946-0271.

I just tried it and got his VM.

IN for one, just got my order confirmed (we'll see if it gets all the way through)

Couldn't pass this one up, even if its not god's gift, I paid more than this for my current monitor (which is TN) two years ago, and I could use another monitor anyway!

They are $180 in the refurb section which probably just means opened and returned?

Oh wait nevermind, it's the 2209W without the A.

Wish I would have known about this before I bit on a Viewsonic VX2262wm (TN) for $205 shipped at TD. *sigh* Oh well, I'll have at least a top notch gaming monitor at least with <10ms lag and little to no ghosting.

I just realized that 22 inches at only 1680x1050 is only 90 dpi.
Isn't that a bit grainy?

First impressions is that it is superior in every way to the Samsung 2232BW I had bought and returned last year for more money than I paid for this.

No dead or stuck pixels either.

On the news of the price, Dell is issuing me a $90 refund.

I just realized that 22 inches at only 1680x1050 is only 90 dpi.
Isn't that a bit grainy?

1680x1050 on a 22" is pretty much standard. No, it's not grainy.

First impressions is that it is superior to every to the Samsung 2232BW I had bought and returned last year for more money than I paid for this.

:eek: Holy hell. Dell has been taken over by communist aliens. It's the only explanation.

I've read cleartype doesn't work when a monitor is aligned vertically, is that true?

Eh 21 day return right? I may just try one of these.

Wish I would have known about this before I bit on a Viewsonic VX2262wm (TN) for $205 shipped at TD. *sigh* Oh well, I'll have at least a top notch gaming monitor at least with <10ms lag and little to no ghosting.

TD takes returns, they may charge you restocking though.

First impressions is that it is superior in every way to the Samsung 2232BW I had bought and returned last year for more money than I paid for this.

This post makes me very happy. Current monitor is a 2232BW, I'm officially *really* looking forward to this!:D

Can you verify the 178 / 178 degree angles? Any color shifting? Or did you run the lagom test or whatever it's called.. (the one that tests colors)?
Happen to have any calibration software that could possibly tell you how much it deviates from actual colors? Just out of curiosity...

Thanks! Awaiting reviews since I just ordered... hopefully it survives through processing..
Mine is supposedly scheduled to ship on the 4th :(

It is definitely 178/178. There is no major shifting in colors from viewing angles. I sometimes like to turn my chair sideways to get comfortable, which puts my head to to side of the monitor looking at an angle.

On the note of colors. Blacks look black, whites look white. There is no weird blue tint to the blacks nor yellow tint to the whites.

Can anyone find a report of this monitor's wattage use at low brightness?
Curious if I can justify running two of them.

At this price, I wouldn't expect a polarizer... but variant's saying that the colors remain relatively consistent all around...
polarizer was to get around the overly bright IPS screens (IPS screens usually are bright I think?)... these only have a 300nit I think? While different manufacturers measure their brightness differently... I'm hoping that these arent overly bright and quote even require a polarizer...

darn, where's ToastyX? I remember him doing awesome reviews on the Doublesight DS-263N.. would've thought he'd jump on this too... if just for testing purposes...

Let's hope someone on [H]ardForum does a thorough review since there aren't any other reviews besides the Australia CNET one.

Thanks variant!

Curious... do Europeans like silver bezels? Their variation is in silver... I want silver darnit!

Call Dell 1-877-279-7897
Choose "If you know th extension you want"
Enter 9460271
You will be connected to Marcus Jones
Say you're interested in UltraSharp 2209WA Dell Part Number 320-7825
Tell him you heard it cost $200.33 Free Shipping (This doesn't include tax or Environmental Disposal Fee) Total will come to about $230.85 depending on your state.

Total discount $98.67

Mine shipped this morning.

1) Can someone do a comparison of the VGA and DVI quality?
2) Does this have a button to switch inputs?
3) Picture in Picture?
4) Anyone getting any discounts on the phone with dell canada instead of USA?

I'd like to use this as a replacement for my current display with my gaming box and mbp on it at once.

I was only able to get that 200.33 (discount of 98.67) price if I ordered two...
if I ordered 1, it'd be 215ish + tax :(

When did you order FordPerfect? Curious as to how long it'll take to get into shipped status..
variant got his already but he ordered on the 22nd...

"Yep, but I've make a mistake for input lag.
So I have done the test again and I found 20.6ms (with 50 measuring).
But is still pretty good for a IPS panel !"

Meaning 50 trials, averaging 20.6ms.

Soooo..... is that good or bad?

Back