Just ordered the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA

I just want the thing to ship out! I have a feeling that the order may be delayed. It said it usually takes 24 hours to ship out, but it has been 2 days. On top of that, I've heard of Dell canceling orders after they have been charged. Hope that doesn't happen with these...

It's not "officially released" yet. The only way you can reach the order page is through a search.

I am going to call them and get them to give me the money off as well. My monitor hasn't shipped yet and it's been a week.

It's not "officially released" yet. The only way you can reach the order page is through a search.

I am going to call them and get them to give me the money off as well. My monitor hasn't shipped yet and it's been a week.
check you shipping status info, cause I ordered mine on the day you did and it says that it is shipping out on the 3rd.

im actually thinking of canceling the order and reordering it with this mythical marcus person, i mean hey if it can save me 80 bucks, then why not... But at 200 this monitor seems almost too good to be true. If this is a freaking bait and switch, I will be pissed...

check you shipping status info, cause I ordered mine on the day you did and it says that it is shipping out on the 3rd.

im actually thinking of canceling the order and reordering it with this mythical marcus person, i mean hey if it can save me 80 bucks, then why not... But at 200 this monitor seems almost too good to be true. If this is a freaking bait and switch, I will be pissed...

Bait and switch is exactly why I won't be canceling it to reorder it again. I will make them take it off of my online order that I know is a 2209WA.

$209 in a way doesn't surprise me as far as deals go. The other 2009 monitors are on sale now and they just were recently released. They could be giving a future deal on the monitors early.

I hope people who are ordering by phone are confirming that they are indeed ordering the 2209WA with the Dell Part # : 320-7825. I know I had to use the Dell Part # to even ask them a question about the monitor back on the day I ordered it. They had no clue what the 2209WA was and figured it was the S2209W.

hello, i am really curious about the review of this monitor...and indeed i called dell and talked with some sales girl and she offered me 284.85 for the monitor...i guess every sales rep has different sales target and more discount then others...i just really hope you guys get the 09WA...let us know!

Bait and switch is exactly why I won't be canceling it to reorder it again. I will make them take it off of my online order that I know is a 2209WA.

$209 in a way doesn't surprise me as far as deals go. The other 2009 monitors are on sale now and they just were recently released. They could be giving a future deal on the monitors early.

I hope people who are ordering by phone are confirming that they are indeed ordering the 2209WA with the Dell Part # : 320-7825. I know I had to use the Dell Part # to even ask them a question about the monitor back on the day I ordered it. They had no clue what the 2209WA was and figured it was the S2209W.
It has been on the monitors list for a couple of days now, it is just far down on the list. So it has been officially for sale, just hard to find. Checked my order and it is indeed part # 320-7825. Only time will if they actually go through with the order.

It has been on the monitors list for a couple of days now, it is just far down on the list. So it has been officially for sale, just hard to find. Checked my order and it is indeed part # 320-7825. Only time will if they actually go through with the order.

I pm'ed you.

I just ordered 2 of them for $197 each, free shipping. I used the Dell Large business section and called the number.

Estimated ship date Feb 2nd.

Here is the link i used: Dell Large Business

This just makes me wonder how great the screen will be when it is only $200 shipped. The "e" in eIPS must really mean economy. Have owned a 2007WFP, so I will find out how it compares to a S-IPS.

This just makes me wonder how great the screen will be when it is only $200 shipped. The "e" in eIPS must really mean economy. Have owned a 2007WFP, so I will find out how it compares to a S-IPS.

I was told it means enhanced. Advancements should lower the price. The problem with monitors is that they have been keeping the prices from lowering.

I just called Dell SB and the rep quoted me $299.00. Rep did say that there's a sale coming up tomorrow (edit: not specific this monitor, just general new sale). Anyone know Marcus' extension?

I just called them. They quoted me $299.

Someone give me Marcus's extension and get a cookie :p

Thanks all. Marcus hooked me up.

I ordered two, shipped to CA for total of $461

Had to pay $32 in "advanced recycle fee". Fee doubled from last year!

Here's my order confirmation:
Item Number Quantity Item Description
320-7825 2 Dell 22 Inch 2209WA Flat PanelMonitor,OptiPlex,Precision Latitude,Customer Install
986-4872 2 3YR Limited Warranty Monitor, Advanced Exchange
600-0040 2 State Environmental Fee for display 15 inches, less than 35 inches
* -DISCOUNT $197.34
Subtotal: $400.66

I'm glad the info I passed out is working well for everybody, especially Marcus! lol... I just hope this LCD works out well. I havent had much luck with getting a good panel out of the box with other manufacturers yet :S so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I gave Marcus a Call and got his voicemail. I'm going to try again in an hour, maybe he is at lunch. I've wanted a 2007WFP since my roommate bought one but the cost and panel lottery scared me. I just bought an HP w2207h this week, but I'm going to take it back and order this Dell 2209WA, Marcus or not.

Nope no reason, customer service just sent me to a voice mail of another sales person... Eh, I guess I will keep my 2407WFP-HC.

Just got a call back as to why they canceled. He said they have to have a sufficient margin and the margin is $215 w/o tax. Any orders under that amount should be canceled. Whether or not this is true, I don't know but that is the answer from dell.

I just ordered the 2009WA monitor from Marcus for $200. With the post above, I'm expecting a cancellation phone call tomorrow.

I ordered mine yesterday and still has not been cancelled. I'm hoping it doesnt get cancelled, that would suck!

Well I just talked to Marcus...

I bought the monitor for 200 + tax. My shipping date got bumped back a couple of days but a hundred dollars doesn't grow on trees. We will see what happens with this order, if he cancels or not.

Then I called back to cancel my original order with customer care.

I hope it works out..

Let us know how it works out for you guys. I'm willing to pay the $299, but if I can actually have it sent for cheaper I'll call Marcus as well.

I ordered two of them for $197 each on Tuesday, and they both shipped already according to dells order tracking site.

Dude! :eek:
Seems to me that this will become my new monitor.. even though it costs over 550$ here in my country.. :mad:

Dude! :eek:
Seems to me that this will become my new monitor.. even though it costs over 550$ here in my country.. :mad:

boo norway... from what I've read/seen.. I want this monitor too. But I have this itchy feeling somethings wrong :-/

Back