Just ordered the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA

jFox8, did you re-order or did you get your previous order adjusted so they'd ship them to you?

I'm really thinking of just buying it online for the full $300.00, since I'm not sure how much of a discount I can get by calling.

I ordered on 1/28... shipped via fedex ground.. won't be here till 2/4.

Karma, why not call Marcus? I'm wondering if deal will be dead after month end.

Happy to see my review here :)

Indeed I measured 50 values and I found 20,6ms input lag
8ms mini and max 30ms.

And it's pretty good for a IPS panel.

He measured at 50 points not 50ms to determine the lag amount. I think.

Yes, you're right.

Power consumption mesured : 63w at max, 52w typical.

[edit] Maybe this screen is too bright at default setting. But you can set luminosity at 0 is still enough.
[edit-2] The only con for this monitor : If you're in a very dark scene (in a dark game for example) the bottom corner (right and left) bright too much, like a little 'glow effect' (event is luminosity set at 0).

I highly doubt it will have the A-TW Polarizer.

One user on Whirlpools listed some whitening on black screens, so it looks like it doesn't. This is generally only an NEC-only thing. Some Doublesights came with it, but it wasn't ever consistent.

Kinda pissed. I order this ****ing thing on the 20th, but I guess we Canadians only got it listed first, and stock hasn't come here. For once I'm looking forward to a low lag, standard gamut IPS screen. FFS.

Stupid Dull.

eagerly awaiting review. polarizer?

I want to see how this stacks up compared to the NEC 20WMGX2.

I used to own a 20wmgx2 and ordered the 2209WA yesterday with 2 day shipping. Didn't want to risk buying a HP2475 after reading all the "bad text" complaints. I remember buying a LG246 MVA panel before after reading about it on this forum. There were only 2 complaints of bad text out of like 1000 posts. After plugging in the monitor it had the worst text I've ever seen. I saw way more text complaints about the HP2475 so there's no way I'd risk that hassle.

They need to use the type of coating on the Samsung 550 LCD TV (semi-mat, semi-glosy) for LCD monitors instead of insanely glossy like the 20wmgx2. It definitely got annoying over time, made colors almost neon in appearance in video games, just too much saturation effect with the gloss.

I am watching this thread very closely. I just picked up the HP w2207h for $208 and while I do like it, this Dell monitor sounds like it may be a better choice for photo editing. What do you all think?
Ron

It's tempting to try this but at only 90dpi I know I am going to see the screendoor bigtime.

Will wait for the 23" e-IPS with 1920x1080

Well, that went fast. When I said I was calling about a new monitor, he assumed I was calling for the 2209WA, said the price with shipping was $214, asked for my cc, & that was it.

Downside is that the expected ship date is Feb 5.

It's tempting to try this but at only 90dpi I know I am going to see the screendoor bigtime.

Will wait for the 23" e-IPS with 1920x1080

I was thinking of going bigger, too, but I don't do gaming on mine; mostly spreadsheets & word documents. My default res is 1024x768 on a backup 17" CRT.......not kidding.

Well, that went fast. When I said I was calling about a new monitor, he assumed I was calling for the 2209WA, said the price with shipping was $214, asked for my cc, & that was it.

Yeah. Marcus gets down to business. I think the $200 price is if you ordered at least two.:D

Ahahah...so tempted to ask a friend south of the 49th parallel to get this for me. If anyone has yet to call can you ask Marcus if he can unoffically say when this promo might be over. Damn procrastinator that I am :)

Many thanks.

PS - anyone find a Marcus equivalent in Canada?

Calling the extension 6124273 I get a female's voicemail box now...uh oh?

Has anyone gotten this deal with anyone aside from Marcus?

I got a females extension too, but when I went through the voice command prompts I was eventually transferred to a rep, and Marcus happened to pick up, so.... *shrug*

that's because you're using the wrong extension. 9460271 is marcus... i called yesterday.... and I just got an email today saying it shipped. $220

I got some guy named Luis and got 2 for $215 with free shipping. Keep in mind that this the last day for Dell's fiscal year, so pretty much every sales drone will give a deal.

that's because you're using the wrong extension. 9460271 is marcus... i called yesterday.... and I just got an email today saying it shipped. $220

This extension is correct. I just called and ordered two monitors. He had to put me on hold for about 10 minutes because he was selling a monitor to someone on the other line, haha.

I think they were $215, but I'm not entirely sure. He said the total was 429, but he hadn't asked for my zip code yet, so I'll assume that's before tax. Marcus may have misspelled my email address, and since the order isn't tied to any account, I have no way of checking the price yet. :p

EDIT: The invoice finally became available. He sold them to me for $200.33 each because I bought two. :D And, despite transcribing my email address incorrectly, he did get my shipping address right, which is all that really matters in the end. Phew, haha.

This monitor seems pretty good for using on a gaming PC and adding either an Xbox360 or a Wii console. Both can handle 1680 x 1050 resolution without the need for 1:1. 360 with update to support 16x10 and Wii thru Vdigi cable.

does anyone wonder why the response time of 2209wa on DELL USA and other countries are different?
5ms in the USA site
6ms gtg on the other sites
6ms in the USA support document link

you really have to wonder if they are selling the same monitor

Mine says its been shipped. Should get here thursday. I'm stoked.

I ordered on Wed, and it arrived today, will have it open tomorrow.. dead tired now. To my surprise they somehow upgraded me to Next business day shipping after I called in and asked a few question about my order.

Thumbs up to Dell

I ordered thursday, got 2day air shipping, mine already shipped, supposed to get here monday or tuesday. If that damn 23inch IPS comes out in Feburary I'll probably return and get that though :X

Someone posted this on Slickdeals so expect it to disappear within a few days.

I just got an email saying my order shipped, with an expected arrival of Feb 4-6. Woohoo!!

I ordered mine early friday morning around 5am, shipped out friday afternoon with next day air, should be here Monday although the Dell site is showing N/A for estimated shipping date. I'll post some pics when I get it.

Same. Hoping this is better than the HP h2207w I returned this week after hearing of this Dell monitor.

Right now I'm using a ViewSonic PS775, so I KNOW it'll be better....heh.

But honestly, it'll be better. ;)

btw I asked about faster shipping & Marcus implied there was nothing faster... damnit.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back