just ordered my new laptop, tell me what you guys think!!

Nicker2009

Limp Gawd
so my desktop died it was a gaming rig that wasnt worth spending money to fix with new technology. So , i decided to purchase a laptop i could use for basics and light gaming. Here are the specs guys tell me what you think!!

p.s. and yes like all the emachines the hinge covers are cracked a little. can anyone give me a link where i can just buy new covers cheep, there just 2 little pieces of plastic.

I250279.jpg

eMachines M6809

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ clocked native at 2.0ghz (socket 754 so its upgradable)

80GB HDD 5400RPM

ATI mobility radeon 9600 graphics card

DVD burner

512MB DDR Ram (1x512 upgrading to 1.5 or 2gb)

15.4" LCD

awesome notebook, i have the 08 (as opposed to the 09)

The hinges being cracked led to a lot more problems on mine (even after they fixed it) the screen would flicker a lot and every 5-7 months the backlight would go out.

Performance-wise though the notebooks a beast, and can handle most new games.

As long as the hinges don't drive ya crazy you will love the notebook! If bestbuy doesn't take the battery when I turn it in for lemon policy I could probably send ya i

I have the same laptop and its great (except for the cracked hinges - but they really dont bother me - much), it plays just about everything i want bf2,wow,star wars empire at war, etc. i did find a few games that it just couldnt handle x3 reunion (sucked and used starforce, so i never ended up playing it anyway) and starship troopers. one big thing is to make sure you use omega drivers on it so you can set the resolution properly (and get better performance)

looks like it sucks, oh wait, it does. lol. and im glad you sent it back to him.

The 9600 is old... Most new notebooks have newer mid/low end dedicated GPU's like the 6600 or x700... They would outperform that 9600.

but the 9600 is still one of the best gpus for gamming as far as lappys go.

Stoopy said:
looks like it sucks, oh wait, it does. lol. and im glad you sent it back to him.
meh, what is it with people and sweeping general statements like that.
You don't know what he's using the laptop for. Cause really "sucks", asuming you mean it isn't good in terms of perforamance, is a relative term because of the fact that performance is relative. It really depends what he's doing with it.

In conclusion: [H]ard|Forum, stop with your sweeting general statements about someone's [H]ard|Ware not being good, unless you know what they're using it for!

How much for that laptop? 600-700ish? I nearly considered getting one, but I though to myself... I only use my Pc for bitching and arguing on hardforum, ebaying, and listening to music... With the occasional oblivion/HL2. Instead of a laptop, I bought a hand-held HP jornada. Underpowered, but it fits in my pocket.

That laptop is fairly comparable with my desktop pc, so it should be fairly enjoyable, even for gaming. Hell, I had a 600mhz toshiba with 64mb ram a year back, did darn near everything I needed it to do. Encoded videos on it, played DVDs, could play older games, internet, ms word... And ebay of course. May you and your bitchin laptop have a happy life together :cool:.

Though I have one reccomendation. NAS hard drive, wifi access point, and 512mb more ram. Should be able to hide the NAS drive and wifi access point somewhere, and back things up to it. I like usb external drives, but definatley not when your sitting in a rocking chair watching tv.

Stormlifter said:
In conclusion: [H]ard|Forum, stop with your sweeting general statements about someone's [H]ard|Ware not being good, unless you know what they're using it for!

Things like this need to be printed out on fancy paper, and put in a frame.

Stoopy said:
he selling that lapy just to let you know, and buying a new acer.

:( Buy it, ask what we think, sell it, get a different one? Sounds like someone didint do enough googling.

Back