Just Ordered my Inspiron 1520

3-Phase

Limp Gawd
I want to know how you think this will compare in performance to my current desktop. Would there be a noticeable difference in gaming performance?

Inspiron 1520 specs:

Intel(r) CoreTM 2 Duo T7500 (2.2GHz/800Mhz FSB/4MB cache)
2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz
High Resolution, glossy widescreen 15.4 inch display (1680x1050)
256MB NVIDIA(r) GeForce(r) Go 8600M GT
160G 7200RPM SATA HDD
Genuine Windows VistaTM Home Premium Edition
Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
CD / DVD writer (DVD+/-RW Drive)
Creative Labs Express Sound Card (X-Fi)
Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card
85Whr Lithium Ion Battery (9 cell)
Built-in Bluetooth capability (2.0 EDR)

Desktop Specs:

DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR
AMD San Diego 3700+
eVGA GF 6800GT
2x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC3200
WD Raptor 74GB
Creative SB X-Fi
Windows XP

Sorry, but I can't comment on the comparison (@work). But on a siiide note . . .

I ordered the 1420 and my ship date was pushed back to 8/13 (ordered 4 days ago) due to the higher res screen.

How far was yours pushed back? Just curious

Mine ships on August 3rd, but there was no indication when I ordered it about delays. Although, the lower res screens (1440x900) had a note under them that said they may be delayed.

Mine ships on August 3rd, but there was no indication when I ordered it about delays. Although, the lower res screens (1440x900) had a note under them that said they may be delayed.

Yeah I saw that and didn't check the max delay before I oredered. Apparently the max delay for the higher res LCD is 12 days. :confused:

According to Dell, my laptop shipped today! :D

I should have it by Monday with next day shipping.

Is anyone able to answer my question?

Lappy has a far superior CPU, but the video card is lacking (8600GTs are boo hiss)

According to Dell, my laptop shipped today! :D

I should have it by Monday with next day shipping.

Is anyone able to answer my question?

YOU SUCK!!! lol j/k

BTW when did you place the order?

Mine was placed and "In Production" on 7/16/2007, but due to the special LCD my est. ship is 8/13/2007.

its going to be better.. not a huuuuuge difference but will definetly run better.

YOU SUCK!!! lol j/k

BTW when did you place the order?

Mine was placed and "In Production" on 7/16/2007, but due to the special LCD my est. ship is 8/13/2007.

I ordered it on 7/17/07 at around 6:00pm. Two days to build it is not bad. :D

its going to be better.. not a huuuuuge difference but will definetly run better.

That's good. I probably won't game on it too much, but if I do, what games do you think would run on it? How might C&C 3 run?

I ordered it on 7/17/07 at around 6:00pm. Two days to build it is not bad. :D

OK, I am not taking it back this time . . YOU SUCK! :D

Just checked Dell's site and they no longer have a delay for the 1440x900 LCD but they do for the glossy 1280x800. Hopefully that means no delay for me ! ! !

BTW ~ What color did you get? I went with the spring green with the Belkin Messenger bag to match.

** FINGERS CROSSED ** :cool:

I got black because I will be using this laptop for work and school, and I didn't want something too flashy for work. :)

I might have gotten green or blue if they were darker colors.

Back