Just ordered my Dell UHD 24 Monitor UP2414Q

I don't know how to overclock a monitor.

or why would you want too? latency?

Increased refresh rate, which helps with input lag. Probably not gonna really work on the 4k monitor I'm guessing.

I don't know how to overclock a monitor.

or why would you want too? latency?

Higher framerate and decreased latency. It might or might not even be doable on this panel. For nvidia at least you can make custom refresh rates/resolutions in the control panel.

I wonder if anyone has had luck using this code at checkout? I talked to a rep last night and they would not accept the code.

Agent (Lakshminarasimham A): "I see that the Coupon has some Exclusions:
Canon Printers, Dell docks/port replicators, Dell Cables, Dell batteries and adapters, graphic cards, Bose, Skull Candy, Jabra, Acme, gaming software and gaming consoles, all tablets and smartphones, cameras, ca"
mcorders and lenses, Dell Ink & Toner, Dell Internal HDD subclasss 32 & 77. All TV's and home theater products and select Monitors (UP3214Q, U2414H, UP2414Q) All warranties and gift cards.
12/17/2013 09:30:01PM Agent (Lakshminarasimham A): "As the Monitor is Listed in the Exclusion list you would not be able to apply that coupon on the Monitor purchase"

You can use it online which is what I did. You cannot combine this with an EPP however.

No tracking number today. I'm so pissed off I'm about to cancel just based on principle....

Well, bear in mind you had to jump through a couple of hoops just to order it so its not like any other regular product in Dell's system..

It's been on the web since the 16th. Seems horrible to not say that they don't have stock, build orders, and then possibly ship them two weeks later.

Who knows, we are talking about Dell here. They could of got their shipment of monitor's and checked them out and found out every last one of the panels had dead/bright pixels. And knowing how high end consumers are, one dead/bright pixel and it goes back.

Being Dell of course they would never tell us.

Went ahead and canceled it. I'll wait till the market shows up with more 4k panels at roughly this size and see what my options are then.

There is another review I think by HotHardware. If the 3440x1440 display is true and is launched around CES then I may pick one up.

Who knows, I may try and buy one of these monitors when stock has leveled off and maybe the price comes down a smidge.

I told the dell supervisor that he can either make me a deep discount deal, or he can just go and cancel it. I'm a patient person but I'm just pissed that they can't fulfill an order in about a month (and ordered it before it went on mass online purchase time....)

For now my 3 144hz Asus 24" will have to make due since I sold my 3 Dell 30's to have some extra cash.

I told them to make me an offer before they cancel again and I don't have high hopes.
Part of my wants to wait until they have a monitor that has HDMI 2.0 on it as well and a proper scaler, but I may be waiting a while for this.

IF they whack another $130 - $200 off of it I'll probably wait it out. They already agreed to refund my shipping. If not, then I'll cancel, maybe by a 4th Titan, and keep my cash for later.

Isn't the scaler just an issue of AMD and NVIDIA updating the drivers. Having to run an HDMI with the 1.2a dp just to drop the resolution is going to be annoying enough.

Isn't the scaler just an issue of AMD and NVIDIA updating the drivers. Having to run an HDMI with the 1.2a dp just to drop the resolution is going to be annoying enough.

Hmmm possibly (enabling scaling within MST). I thought there was a hardware / panel limitation as well here at play but I could be entirely wrong.

Boy, your an itchy little bugger arn't you Clayton.

Not sure if I understand, but if you mean indecisive... yeah a lot of the time. If you mean excited... then yes. I will be very pissed if I don't see it on the 3rd though....

Not sure if I understand, but if you mean indecisive... yeah a lot of the time. If you mean excited... then yes. I will be very pissed if I don't see it on the 3rd though....

I just hate being kept out of the loop. Like for instance they said they would send me messages every day to keep me informed. Well, haven't got one yet.

I love Dell monitor's. But I hate the hoops they make you jump through.

That's an interesting and useful review.

Okay, so it's not a full 10 bit monitor - it uses dithering.

Hmm... no scaler, so I wouldn't be able to game at 1080p on it. So I'd need 2x 780Ti... oh dear... :D Fortunately, I'll be looking at the 28" for gaming and the 24" just for text and graphics.

That's an interesting and useful review.

Okay, so it's not a full 10 bit monitor - it uses dithering.

Hmm... no scaler, so I wouldn't be able to game at 1080p on it. So I'd need 2x 780Ti... oh dear... :D Fortunately, I'll be looking at the 28" for gaming and the 24" just for text and graphics.

once the drivers are up the date it should scale properly. and you can game at 1080p but you would have to have the HDMI hooked up as well and switch it in the OSD whenever you wanted to game at 1080p.

So it will be a pain at first. But you can do it.

I've just emailed them a few questions:

1. Can you connect the DP and mini-DP ports to different computers and switch between them? Can you use picture-in-picture?

2. Can you please elaborate on the office use of the monitor? Particularly using Office, and browsing web forums? I'm especially thinking about portrait mode with Outlook Web Access, Gmail, and the like, but also ergonomic factors like eye-strain, ease of use, etc.

3. Does the monitor detect and report rotation? I.e. if I manually change from portrait to landscape or vice versa will the monitor auto-adjust?

4. In gaming and videos, did you notice blurring or lag?

5. You touched on this with reference to the Mac, but do Intel's video drivers for its built-in graphics support the 4K resolutions at 60Hz? What's the performance like when playing videos? Or simply dragging windows.

Yeah, I'm slowly coming to conclusion that anything bigger than 24" on a desktop is overkill. Too hard on eyes.

It's still not clear whether connecting it via HDMI gives you a single screen @30Hz or what. If it still presents itself to the OS as two monitors then I won't buy.

It's still not clear whether connecting it via HDMI gives you a single screen @30Hz or what. If it still presents itself to the OS as two monitors then I won't buy.

hdmi will be able to do 1900X1080 at 60Hz no problem...it's at the native 4k that it can only do 30Hz.

You can only get 4k @60Hz with DP.

Hdmi 2.0 will support 4k @60Hz +, and that's not out yet.

It does. Every 4k@60hz monitor will until late in 2014 at the earliest.

Man that sucks, why the fuck cant manufacturers pull their thumbs out and just deliver what the market wants....4K semi-gloss display@60hz with HDMI 2.0 and SST. Guess I will be stuck with my current shitty display for another 12 months.

Man that sucks, why the fuck cant manufacturers pull their thumbs out and just deliver what the market wants....4K semi-gloss display@60hz with HDMI 2.0 and SST. Guess I will be stuck with my current shitty display for another 12 months.

Someone needs a perspective shift...

Back