Just ordered an Acer AL1916W...

A2TheRizzo

Limp Gawd
..And I have a question.
I'm going to be using this with my existing 17" Viewsonic E70f+ CRT monitor. Is it possible to run dual monitors since they both run at different resolutions? If so, is there anything needed to do this? Also, I'm assuming I will be able to game on one monitor and talk on the other. Am I correct? Thanks in advance. I will take pics as soon as I get it!

You shouldn't have any issues regarding the different resolutions. When you move your mouse onto the other monitor, it may just not match up to a 1:1 ration, which can be a little unusual, but you'll get use to it after a while.

As for gaming and talking/btowsing/etc., it's been a long while since I've used a dual monitor setup for that sort of thing, though back when I had my Ti4400, I tried it. I had a pain in the ass time with it, as full screen games would minimize once you clicked on anything on the other desktop, and the mouse would travel over there without realizing it. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a solution to that issue these days though, so maybe someone who has more recent experience with it can shed some light on it for you.

Thank you, that's exactly the answer I wanted. I thought about the mouse going off the side too. The monitor was a great deal at 225 shipped all I had to sacrafice was DVI. Any other opinions?

A program I use called UltraMon is awesome for what you need. It allows you to select multiple monitors, where you want them placed (on top, or next to each other , even allows cornered selection) you can even select different resolutions and refresh rate per monitor, and so much more.

You should note that both your monitors are using an analog connector.

What you should have/will need is a card with two VGA connectors.

Chairman Ma said:
You should note that both your monitors are using an analog connector.

What you should have/will need is a card with two VGA connectors.

My graphics card came with a DVI to VGA converter, so I'm set.

Back