Just ordered a rack

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
I've been debating on a while on building one, or swallowing the cost of one, then found this 4 post rack for cheap and shipping is not all that bad (50 bucks) so I could not help but order it:

http://www.++++.com/products/index.php?sku=22937A22

Came up to about 500 bucks. I figured if I was to buy the premade rails and build one, it would have cost near that not counting my time. I can always build around this one to convert it into an enclosed rack so I can optimize air flow.

Now I just need to convert my servers to rackmount, but that's another project. I do have some rack mount equipment sitting in my closet needing a home.

I'm excited now, can't wait for this to come in. I was actually saving up for a TV, but that can wait.

I've been debating on a while on building one, or swallowing the cost of one, then found this 4 post rack for cheap and shipping is not all that bad (50 bucks) so I could not help but order it:

http://www.++++.com/products/index.php?sku=22937A22

Came up to about 500 bucks. I figured if I was to buy the premade rails and build one, it would have cost near that not counting my time. I can always build around this one to convert it into an enclosed rack so I can optimize air flow.

Now I just need to convert my servers to rackmount, but that's another project. I do have some rack mount equipment sitting in my closet needing a home.

I'm excited now, can't wait for this to come in. I was actually saving up for a TV, but that can wait.

Link or pictures >?

Yeah I'm in Canada.

Where abouts ?

Not to thread jack, but i just ordered this today :)
Model No. RPC-470
rpc-470b.jpg

rpc470_2.jpg

Nice. I'll probably be ordering something similar soon as my main server is just a tower and I want to convert it to rackmount. Later down the line I want to get a good APC rackmount UPS too.

Nice. I'll probably be ordering something similar soon as my main server is just a tower and I want to convert it to rackmount. Later down the line I want to get a good APC rackmount UPS too.

case was 70$ my coast :)

APC backup is best to buy used on ebay with out batteries and then buy new ones.

I have a intel xeon board and 8 gigs ram already just needed case and some hdd's and cpu.

On similar note, since I'll be getting this rack, I'm thinking of moving my patch panel to it once it's installed. Given the patch panel is a permanent setup as everything is hard wired to it, think this is generally a bad idea? Not that I plan to move the rack or anything once I install it so I'm thinking it's my best bet so I'm not running long cables for nothing from the patch panel to the equipment. Just wondering what everyone normally does, keep patch panel separate or include it in rack.

Anyone ever use a SKB rack, they are for DJ/Audio equipment and are not deep but seem to me the thing to get if you ever want to move the equipment.

On similar note, since I'll be getting this rack, I'm thinking of moving my patch panel to it once it's installed. Given the patch panel is a permanent setup as everything is hard wired to it, think this is generally a bad idea? Not that I plan to move the rack or anything once I install it so I'm thinking it's my best bet so I'm not running long cables for nothing from the patch panel to the equipment. Just wondering what everyone normally does, keep patch panel separate or include it in rack.

Include in rack :)

The case i bought has room for 10 hard drives :) Hyper V moving into this nicer unit soon :)

Back