just now getting into WoW.....

sxesynesthesia

Limp Gawd
So me and my roomate finally gave in and bought wow vanilla. Anyone want to play with us and show us what it's all about? We don't really know about partying and guilds and all that.
Haven't been into a mmorpg since D2 so... we opted to get WoW over playing diablo.....again.

we're on drak thul.

steam: [email protected]

wow: [email protected]/whorobj

trust me, with email addresses like that, you fit right into the target demographic of WoW players these days

5 minutes on trade channel and you'll feel right at home.

haha that yahoo email is sooo old when i got my first steam account during the first release and i tried changing it but it got lost in all the steam updates since then and i've always been stuck with that as my account email. Even though emails from steam go to my new email haha

and i dont even know what the trade channel is lol

when you get into major cities (such as orgrimmer) a new chat channle pops up called trade that lets players advertise on, but 75% of the stuff on it is just people talking since the trade channel can be heard in all the major cities, it normally become full of very immature people lol.

when you get into major cities (such as orgrimmer) a new chat channle pops up called trade that lets players advertise on, but 75% of the stuff on it is just people talking since the trade channel can be heard in all the major cities, it normally become full of very immature people lol.
oh ok, we're just now at the second town or whatnot

oh ok, we're just now at the second town or whatnot

no hurries, my first time leveling in wow was a blast, take the time to read the quests and enjoy the stories and such. The beginning quests can gte a little boring (kill x and collect y) but later on some of the quests become really fun and interesting.

no hurries, my first time leveling in wow was a blast, take the time to read the quests and enjoy the stories and such. The beginning quests can gte a little boring (kill x and collect y) but later on some of the quests become really fun and interesting.
yeah it's basically the same as d2 where act 1 all you get is crappy weapons and ugly armor and stuff and all you do is hack at little monsters. But the later acts everything is better and more in depth. It's like the beginning is just to get you used to the gameplay and level you a little bit, then it's adventure time :D

Be prepared. You won't be seeing any exciting "adventure time" for a long time in WoW. I'd argue the first time I found questing even remotely interesting was Northrend from 70-80. But, as long as you're playing with friends and listening/watching something in the background WoW can be a great game even at the boring lower stages. Nothing like zoning out, catching up on TV shows while mining or leveling an alt :D

yeah it's basically the same as d2 where act 1 all you get is crappy weapons and ugly armor and stuff and all you do is hack at little monsters. But the later acts everything is better and more in depth. It's like the beginning is just to get you used to the gameplay and level you a little bit, then it's adventure time :D

as it sounds like you never played an mmo before you should enjoy it, I was takin away by why when i launched as it was my first mmo. Exploring all this new content and this big world and such more than made up for the quests early on lol.

I had a lot of fun in the early days of WoW from 1-60 on the old content, but the fact that the game was so fresh and there were no high level characters may have played into that. It would be interesting to experience the game for the first time in its mature phase. I suppose the pressure to get the latest and greatest gear is off, which may be a positive thing?

I'd recommend a combination of questing and level appropriate dungeons. Don't worry about your gear until end game, you'll outgrow it very quickly. Try and beg for some gold to afford your mount. Also, look into the "recruit a friend" feature. I don't know if its still active, but it allows your to significantly decrease the amount of time required to level when playing with two players.

I had a beast of a time finding people to dungeon with on Burning Blade in vanilla dungeons. It is much faster to just quest/grind, than get aggravated waiting for a group to form IMO.

I would recommend getting the quest helper add-on if you haven''t done that.

Any player worth their salt has General and Trade on a hidden chat tab.

Quest helper is not for your first playthrough. It ruins the game in terms of making it even more easy mode.

Just read the quests, explore, figure it out yourself.

Once you get to 15, use the dungeon finder to explore the instanced content.

[L]imey;1035832087 said:
Quest helper is not for your first playthrough. It ruins the game in terms of making it even more easy mode.

Just read the quests, explore, figure it out yourself.

Once you get to 15, use the dungeon finder to explore the instanced content.

agree. Wow is fun when you explore for the first time. I played it and had a lot of fun until i hit lvl56.

after that i was done

1 - 550 = lose
551 - 750 = money back
751 - 850 = 2x back
850 - 950 = 3x back
951 - 999 = 4x back
1000 = 5x back

yeah, figuring it out alone is the best experience, especially when with a friend

I played for 6 years on and off over 7 accounts with my late gf, if you would have come to draenor US I would give ya a nice head start. ;)

I play here and there.. mostly a glorified chat engine to keep up with the people still "jacked in" to wow.. and remember wow is the matrix. :eek:

GET OUT NOW!! BEFORE ITS TOO LATE :eek:

geez and this thread was doing so well without any off these retarded posts. wow is so casual friendly now that you don't need to sink huge amounts of time to enjoy it.

geez and this thread was doing so well without any off these retarded posts. wow is so casual friendly now that you don't need to sink huge amounts of time to enjoy it.

Bull. I know too many people who have schedules for playing that they WILL NOT MISS. PERIOD. I should know I was one of them :D

Bull. I know too many people who have schedules for playing that they WILL NOT MISS. PERIOD. I should know I was one of them :D

And i know people that drink a 12 pack every night. Dont mean all drinkers are drunks does it?

I really enjoyed the lower levels in WoW. I found the art direction refreshing and charming. Also at lower levels I found unlocking new abilities and finding better gear more exciting. My favorite dungeon is still Deadmines since it reminds me of The Goonies. TBH I am a little saddened that they plan on changing old Azeroth.

The later game became too much of a grindfest for gear. I understand its much easier now though since I quite back in 2006. There is always a little part of me that wants to go back for old times sake, but the urge has faded slowly over the years.

I really enjoyed the lower levels in WoW. I found the art direction refreshing and charming. Also at lower levels I found unlocking new abilities and finding better gear more exciting. My favorite dungeon is still Deadmines since it reminds me of The Goonies. TBH I am a little saddened that they plan on changing old Azeroth.

The later game became too much of a grindfest for gear. I understand its much easier now though since I quite back in 2006. There is always a little part of me that wants to go back for old times sake, but the urge has faded slowly over the years.

At the end of the day it's still just a glorified grind for gear. Not that that's a bad thing, just sayin'...

My favorite dungeon is still Deadmines too...it was the first one I ever did with my RL friends when we were all just starting out. So much fun. Scarlet Monastery is great too. Traveling past the Undercity as group of lowbie Alliance was pretty nerve racking on a PVP server :D

One of my fondest memories of the game was sitting in the tunnels in the undercity killing the guards with my dwarf wizard. (closed beta) I was so pissed when they removed that class combination. It has been such a long time I don't remember how the pvp fighting worked on the beta servers.

One of my fondest memories of the game was sitting in the tunnels in the undercity killing the guards with my dwarf wizard. (closed beta) I was so pissed when they removed that class combination. It has been such a long time I don't remember how the pvp fighting worked on the beta servers.

Dwarf wizard huh? :D

I can only assume he means mage...in which case come Cataclysm Dwarfs will be able to be Mages again :p

deadmines was great. i remember shitting myself the first time i did molten core. same deal when i got to ironforge for the first time as a lvl 25 night elf and realized that the true scope of how many other people were playing.

At the end of the day it's still just a glorified grind for gear. Not that that's a bad thing, just sayin'...

My favorite dungeon is still Deadmines too...it was the first one I ever did with my RL friends when we were all just starting out. So much fun. Scarlet Monastery is great too. Traveling past the Undercity as group of lowbie Alliance was pretty nerve racking on a PVP server :D

haha god i remember the area shouts when someone would see alliance heading for the SM, everyone would throw on their carrots and mount up and try and catch em, poor alliance would look back to see 20+ horde chasin them, so much fun lol.

I dont think they will ever top the open world pvp classic wow had (tarren mill raids lol) or the 8 hour av battles, those were intense at times lol.

Last edited:

Do you remember some key people's names? I played on closed beta too. ;) I was horde side though.

They had a wizard class?

Nah, he's talking about the Mage. Dwarf Mage was removed as a playable class in the closed beta of the original WoW.

Back