Just mine or trade?

lightsout

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm a small time guy with a couple gpu's. I messed around with trading about 4 years ago but never got too into it.

Right now I'm just putting a few bucks in my pocket. Should I take the time to try and make a few bucks more by trying my hand at trading? Or just stick with what I have?

I know this is a subjective question, but still curious on any opinions. Also what exchanges are recommended for smaller coins? (I have googled already but curious from real folks)

trading is mostly a don't bother. I just mine and HODL mostly. I always buy the wrong thing. Ripple is probably the biggest I caught early on but that was pure luck.

I wouldn't trade. The bubble could pop and you be stuck with a bunch of nothing.

I see it different. Yeah bubble can always pop. You then sell all your hardware. And if you just trade you could sale off. But then in the coming weeks after the bubble pop. It could go up triple what is was. And the ones who hold make out while you bitch.

Depends what your mining, most coins I mine I hold (they never even touch an exchange).

That said, I do have a few cards mining more popular coins like zcash and eth, which I then trade, as well as a few cards earning fldc and cure, which I trade once a month.

So honestly, it's probably just a matter of preference.

Depends how much time and energy you want to put into this. If you don't want to do a lot of evaluation of different projects, mine to a profitable one, convert to a safe long term hold, then wait.

If you like to gamble a bit, and are willing to do some serious research, you can trade your way into some nice gains. There are tons of exchanges. Identify the projects you like first, then determine what exchanges you need to be on to get them.

I've done both and I made way more trading than mining. Orders of magnitude in difference with less invested.

Thanks for the various responses. I thinking I could probably make more trading, I just don’t think I want to put in the time that’s needed to research.

Thanks for the various responses. I thinking I could probably make more trading, I just don’t think I want to put in the time that’s needed to research.
Generally speaking it would probably make much more sense to trade now than it's to mine considering the energy and the efforts required to configure, set up the system, and to then mine.

On the other hand mining is on a different level - if you're looking to support the system and to engage within the efforts required to keep it alive and blah so on... Then keep on mining, else just be a speculative trader.

Either way - I wish you the MAXIMUM PROFITS!

I am just lazy using nicehash for a few bucks in my pocket. So the setup was cake.

If you had bought video cards when prices were sane, I'd say mine and hold. With prices being insane right now, I'd say either mine with what you got and hold or trade but definitely do not BUY graphics cards at current prices - the time to ROI is just too crazy.

Yeah I just have a couple cards I had for gaming.

When you say hold do you mean in BTC? Thats what I receive since its Nicehash. I thought about converting those to ETH. Any thoughts?
If you had bought video cards when prices were sane, I'd say mine and hold. With prices being insane right now, I'd say either mine with what you got and hold or trade but definitely do not BUY graphics cards at current prices - the time to ROI is just too crazy.

Yeah I just have a couple cards I had for gaming.

When you say hold do you mean in BTC? Thats what I receive since its Nicehash. I thought about converting those to ETH. Any thoughts?

Both are likely to up quite a bit this next year. It may well be that ETH will go up by more, but who really knows? It probably depends upon how the POS transition goes, and other major changes Ethereum has planned.

Drop back to MSRP you mean?

I'm fine with that.

:)
no... last time the bubble popped the 290x instantly became worth pocking about $120. I was in there so much hardware. I got out before the real collapse happened. the warm weather hit and I had no way of coping with the heat so I cashed out a lot of GPU's before the major dumping hit. the 580's specifically I'd say would hit $80 because its a worthless card for gaming.

Back