Just installed my CF 6870's WTH type questions!!

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
I just added in my second 6870 for a CF setup.. Fresh install of win7 64 so all drivers are fresh... Now I tried both 11.1a and 11.2 drivers and have the same issue (or so I think but it may be normal) IS it normal for the 2nd 6870 to clock to 000MHz for core and 000MHz on ram, but clock up when in game mode?? This is driving me crazy! If this is normal, then fine, but if not I dont now how to fix this.. I have a few hrs on this already. Also in GPUz it say CF disabled, but if I drop down to the second card, it then says CF enabled.. WTF! Yes, in CCC Xfire is enabled.... Wierd issues here, but then again this may be normal, can you help me please...

Just got two 6870's yesterday. Calm down. It's normal. It's ULPS. Power saving thing. They'll clock up fine when a game is launched.

You can disable ULPS if you want (ultra low power state), however, less fan noise at idle is, well, less fan noise :)

Yeah that's ULPS. It also means you cannot adjust the fan on the second card at idle. You can disable ULPS in the registry if you want to lower the idle fan noise.

Yeah that's ULPS. It also means you cannot adjust the fan on the second card at idle. You can disable ULPS in the registry if you want to lower the idle fan noise.

I want to get rid of this feature.... How do It disable it?

I disabled that ULPS stuff.. YES I KNOW... GOOGLE IS OUR FRIEND.

Back