Just how cool is the Fry Cry Physics? Look inside..

forcemac101

[H]ard|Gawd
For those who got the game, I think I think this level is by far the coolest....most of the little nasties running around plus your first run in with "fatboys". (loved the machine nest in the hallway...slaughter)

ANyways, on to the physics...

So I cap this guy and his buddies in the head..
FarCry0007.jpg

Then I jump down to his level:
FarCry0008.jpg

..and proceed to pump his corpse full of lead...the body's ragdoll physics flip and flop him around toward the ledge...

FarCry0009.jpg

ker-splash
FarCry0013.jpg

yes dorthy, he is dead.
FarCry0014.jpg

This game has a very erie alien vs predator feel to it. always fiding your self dropping baddies with your last shotgun round as they fall at your feet within inches of killing you...(one shot from these dudes kills ya)

I think the ragdoll physics are best veiwed through the scope of the sniper sifle as you cap an enemie from way off with a headshot. I love that Ragedy Andy drop they perform. Even better is when they fall over the railings and flip down for a splat.

does the physics engine keep multiple dead bodies from going into each other? in other words if there is a dead body and you kill someone else next to it, will it fall into or onto the dead body?
this was a problem in max payne 2's physics

No the bodies pile up nicely. The limbs also fall around objects correctly unlike other games with stiff limbs protruding everywhere.

the coolest thing with the physics, is the multiple objects that can be manipulated, you start barrels rolling down hill that kill the dudes as they are run over, there are multiple places where you think "gee, i wish I could get up there" "I wonder what would happen if I shoot that cable" and then bam, walkway falls at your feet and you get to go right where you wanted......its incredible. I shot a guy with the shotgun and he went flying in to bunch of those air tanks and knocked them all down. The only thing is you can't move bodies, you go right through them. But your bullets and other things can move the body...wierd.

Originally posted by ThreeDee
...I hate those darn monkeys!:)

ya the bastages can jump at you and hit from 4 feet away and still knock you senseless. They have been the reason for many level resets for me.

Yea the physics are awesome, I think the only other game I had as much fun messing with the physics engine was Halo (yea yea). The "nothing is off limits" thing I absolutley love, I like that if I look at some place, theres probably a way to get there. Ive only got both the Far Cry demos and still the physics are a blast.

i loved playing the ship level where i could shoot a bridge down and guys would fall off of it

-warsaw

I like the part where the hang glider is. Down the hill from the barrels are some guys, if you sneak up and push the barrels down you can crush them. That's cool.

**WARNING** ..the following might be considered a spoiler ..maybe

the part where you have to take out last transmitter on the ship and you plant explosive ..then the guy that looks like Wolverine comes at you in the helicopter ..well I got killed first time thru cause as i was shooting at the guy I looked down and seen water and realized that the ship was sinking and stopped and said "hey, the ships is actually sinking ..cool" *BLAM!* ..died smiling:)

Well, I hadn't originally planned on getting this game, but may have to now. You all are making it sound quite spicy.

RagManX

Don´t think get it! It´s definiatly one of the best fps:s ever created.

Originally posted by ThreeDee
**WARNING** ..the following might be considered a spoiler ..maybe
the part where you have to take out last transmitter on the ship and you plant explosive ..then the guy that looks like Wolverine comes at you in the helicopter ..well I got killed first time thru cause as i was shooting at the guy I looked down and seen water and realized that the ship was sinking and stopped and said "hey, the ships is actually sinking ..cool" *BLAM!* ..died smiling:)

I actually went back to the level in god mode so i can watch it sink.

Back