Just Got My WNDR3700

JustinSane

2[H]4U
Do I want to upgrade the firmware now? Just want to make sure there are no problems with the newest firmware like the D-Link 4500 has.

To which version? I'm currently running 1.0.4.49NA. The latest shows to be 1.0.4.55NA, but every time I try to upgrade it looks like it's downloading the firmware and then never completes the install.

The .49 seems plenty stable though.

**EDIT**
Ok, for some reason I was just able to update to .55. Works fine so far.

Last edited:
This is funny, mine is waiting for me at home! I am excited, I am hoping to see a nice performance boost from over my old WRT54G v2.

Well I thought I would give you a little update on my WNDR7300. I installed it as soon as I got home and did some speed tests before and after the upgrade. My home setup before the upgrade was Moto Surfboard cable modem (sorry forgot the model) to an old Linksys WRT54G v2 that is running Tomato.

The reasons for my upgrade have been, slow PSN speeds, and relatively high pings in games. Also I wanted to be able to stream my slingbox faster at home (and possible over the internet). So far after not every extensive testing I have achieved one of my goals. PSN downloads have become a lot faster (I don't know if that was due to the QOS I had setup in my old router or what) but slingbox streaming at home tops out around 8000 Kbps and over the internet at around 1400 Kbps. I was not able to try out any games last night due to work relating things going on but should try them out over the weekend.

Pros:
USB NAS - its nice, plugged in my 16 gig flash drive and it was up and running in under 1 minute
Guest networks - not using them now but it will be nice in the future
5Ghz range covers my entire 1,500 sqft house
East setup - don't use the stupid disk

Cons:
Archaic interface compared to Tomato
Have not achieved the "faster" speeds that I truly wanted from my 6mb Comcast cable connection

Right now I am running the WNDR3700 direct off the cable modem then have my old WRT54G connected to that to serve all my B/G clients (yes I know its dual band) and will be transitioning everything over to the one Netgear in the future (if I decide to keep the router).

Back