Just got my Samsung 152N

jhtevans

Limp Gawd
If you've been keeping up with the forums, you'd know that the Dell 2001fp has been a pretty hot topic around here. I purchased one and quickly sent it back.....it just wasn't up to my expectations, especially for the money - even if it was on sale.

So, I purchased a Samsung Syncmaster 152N at BB the other day and I couldn't be more pleased. Absolutely no dead pixels and no backlight leakage, and best of all, no screen door.

So far, I've not noticed any ghosting in games and the color seems to be very nice. I'm limited to 1024x768, but for $323, I can cope. Plus the smaller size makes this the perfect monitor to cart around for LAN.

The viewing angle presents some distortion when not viewing from directly in front, but this doesn't present much of a problem. No one will be sitting to the sides of the screen anyway.

Text is nice and sharp and the autoadjust feature does a nice job of automatically setting up a pretty good image. It's got the Samsung "MagicBright" technology which essentially amounts to 3 preset brightness(es) that are good for different applications. This monitor is a little bright (even in the "Text" mode) so I probably won't be using that feature very much. My Sony trinitron has a similar feature which I use quite often because the image tends to be a little too dark for some FPSs, not so on this flat panel.

The black is not a pure black, but that's kind of to be expected from this LCD and it doesn't really interfere with my use of it.

If you've seen one of these out on display, don't trust the image that is shown. You need to see one of these hooked up to your computer in order to experience the fairly high quality image that it is capable of....which is certainly not evident on store displays.

What is boils down to is that I'm very happy. If you're looking to pick up an LCD at a value price, then the 152N is for you. However, if LCD technology isn't quite where you want it to be, you might want to wait a few more months until Samsung releases it's "Z" series in the US. If this panel is any indication, then the up and coming panels should be amazing.

Hah, now this is kind of scary...

I just bought the 152N last night at Best Buy... This thing is WONDERFUL. Bright as ever, nice responce times... auto feature is wonderful, one click and it aligns your screen. Text is clear....

5 Stars from me

thanks for the post.

i am looking for a 15" (going to run dual display actually) for my fiances Shuttle. Been trying to research the Dell & the Samsung. The Samsung is $330 at Best Buy, but i think i can get it cheaper thru connections. I think this is the display i will go with. I hope i can get 2 for a decent price. if not, she will have to settle for one (course she has no idea i am even looking to upgrade her).

Back