Just got my new Gig board. No factrory seal on box?

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got my new Giagbyte MB. Aorus B450 Wifi Pro ITX. The box was not sealed. It has everything in it. Ships and sold by Amazon, so no 3rd part grab ass going on. Has anyone else gotten a 'new' MB that didn't have a factory seal on it? Some people report not having a factory seal and the box looked like it was opened beforehand, but they thought the factory updated the BIOS. Many boards were shipped w/o a 3000 BIOS update, and the only way to update them was to have an old CPU lasing around to post the board and update it.

Gigabyte Aorus 450 ITX

factory seal? what? dont recall any kind of seal when i got mine ;) might of had a piece of tape like label i had to cut?

No factory seal on the MSI mobo in my sig, and going back to even my old P3 and socket A boards did not either. About the only ones I can remember having seal are video cards.

I've bought hundreds of mobo's over the years and can't recall any having a seal on them.
no seal or tape on the box or on the anti static bag.

No factory seal on the MSI mobo in my sig, and going back to even my old P3 and socket A boards did not either. About the only ones I can remember having seal are video cards.

yeah agree, i think the only times i've seen the boxes sealed other than a piece of tape in years was video cards.

its highly likely they updated the bios tbh....i have had about 12 bios updates over the last year alone. You should be glad they did it :) I was a little surprised when i got mine and the board wasnt even in a bag of any kind. Its just the way they do them now. There is no more pins to damage on modern motherboards like yesteryear.....its the cpus when have to be wary of now a days

My gigabyte board didn't have a factory seal on it either. However the static bag around my motherboard was taped shut and any tampering would have been noticeable.

I believe on the last board the only thing it had was a peice of tape and that was an msi b450.

I believe on the last board the only thing it had was a peice of tape and that was an msi b450.

So I looked at my current boxes. The only sticker I found is on the anti-static mobo bag (on all of them) and really it was only tape. Other than that nothing

Last edited:
I open a crap ton of motherboard boxes. Most all of them are unsealed.
It makes me wonder how they provide no warranty for socket damage when its easy for anyone to cause before you receive it.

I returned a motherboard to CCL in the UK a few years ago that didnt work well with my ram and was told I would have to pay a restocking fee.
It was in brand spanker new condition including all sata cables still in bags etc, no fee was charged, they must have resold it as new.
Thats illegal here but I have no doubt its a regular practise.

Thanks for all of the replies. My box didn't have a seal on it, but the board bag did, like a clear peice of tape, so everything seems the same as you are all reporting. My luck, just as all of my new rig's stuff was arriving from Amazon, I about cut the end of my thumb off preparing dinner. Now I have to wait for that to heal before installing. Damnit.

Thanks for all of the replies. My box didn't have a seal on it, but the board bag did, like a clear peice of tape, so everything seems the same as you are all reporting. My luck, just as all of my new rig's stuff was arriving from Amazon, I about cut the end of my thumb off preparing dinner. Now I have to wait for that to heal before installing. Damnit.

just use that piece of tape on the bag and tape your thumb back on and build the system ;)

Realistically, I would put a drop of that cut finger blood somewhere on the MB. An offering to the electronic deities... may get you a bit higher OC, if you are into that!
:cigar:

Realistically, I would put a drop of that cut finger blood somewhere on the MB. An offering to the electronic deities... may get you a bit higher OC, if you are into that!
:cigar:
I'd be happy if the system just posts, loadsWin 10,a nd burns in at factory specifications without errors or problems - for once.

bought a NZXT N7 Z370 a year or so ago, it had a box seal but other than that ... no, not even the MSI listed in my Sig that I bought about a month ago

Back