just got my galaxy 8800GT

Tell me about it... I made my initial order on the 29th, and there was a typo in the Credit Card #, I contacted them via e-mail the same day to have them update with the correct CC #, and they still have yet to even process the order. I've tried every day to get through to phone support, but it's been an absolutely waiste of time.

I hate NCIX, and wish there was another company that sold the galaxy 8800GT

There is... ebay.

Several people are selling the one with the coolermaster fan on it.

I ordered mine on the same day.

Much like you, their shipping also seems suspect. As they dont answer phones, I sent a message to them, and they said it shipped on the 31st. Got my tracking number two days later, and the tracking number said Jan 2. However, I called FedEx, and apparently this date is when the label was generated. FedEx does not have the package from NCIX yet, and the est. shipping date of Jan 7 is thus false. If shipped today, would be 16 days from order date. WOW.

all this bad feeback from NCIX. in all the years i have ordered from them i have never had to wait for more than a couple days. only one time i had to complain ..

my recent 8800gt purchse was on my doorstep in less than 36 hours. maybe because im listed as a reseller i get preferential treatment, but i dought it?

8800GT's are a different animal. Nvidia is not keeping up with demand, plain and simple. Its not all the vendors fault.

8800GT's are a different animal. Nvidia is not keeping up with demand, plain and simple. Its not all the vendors fault.

Yes, but when it says "in stock", then it should be available to get out of their door quickly.

Additionally, in NCIX forums is a long thread about their extremely slow processing and shipping, and yet there are the NCIX fanboys on that site tearing down anyone who complains.

What is strange to me, is that people who ordered the same product on a date after me are claiming to already have their product.

Edit: reply from NCIX on their websit forum (apparently do look at forum, just dont answer phones):

"US orders typically get sent to a Fedex depot at the border in a consolidated shipment. Individual tracking number scans do not become active until that consolidated shipment clears the border. Border clearance can add a couple of business days for the consolidated shipment, which the Fedex delivery ETA they generate (we have no control over this) does not take into account. The first scan point is in Blaine.

We are looking to improve the way fedex handles US shipments for us as it is a bit confusing when the consumer can't have the tracking number work right awa but at this time they currently provide the best shipping rates to the US. If you have been assigned a tracking number then your shipment has shipped, it just hasn't cleared the Fedex depot at Blaine yet. "

--- so apparently it has shipped, it is just sitting at the border somewhere. Still took too long to process, but apparently the latest delay is not their fault, but price of doing buisness in Canada.
However, if you notice this information is nowhere on their website. Of course they dont advertise that it takes so long to get the product to US customers, but they could be a little more forthcoming.

all this bad feeback from NCIX. in all the years i have ordered from them i have never had to wait for more than a couple days. only one time i had to complain ..

my recent 8800gt purchse was on my doorstep in less than 36 hours. maybe because im listed as a reseller i get preferential treatment, but i dought it?

This was my first purchase from them, and I certainly havent' been thrilled. I guess it makes sense that shipping was delayed because of customs, but it did take much longer than expected for "express" shipping. FWIW, they also have not posted my negative comment regarding the new fan in their comments section despite their statement that comments are not moderated.

fwiw

Check out the forum of NCIX at http://forum.ncix.com/

There are multiple threads about the recent inability of NCIX to clear their holiday backlog....I guess that the Christmas holiday, Boxing day, and how the weekends fell all resulted in the perfect storm. However, as many of the posts state, NCIX has not communicated this well at all, and only on the forum can you find out about all of the delays that alot of people are having. Also, most people can't get through on the phones. I guess that they did not staff up for the holidays, and they claim they are trying to reduce their large backlog of orders.

My advice, wait a week if you expect prompt service, maybe even check out their forums to see if the situation is improving.

I think NCIX is dealing with some BIG growing pains at the moment.

Yes, but when it says "in stock", then it should be available to get out of their door quickly.

Additionally, in NCIX forums is a long thread about their extremely slow processing and shipping, and yet there are the NCIX fanboys on that site tearing down anyone who complains.

What is strange to me, is that people who ordered the same product on a date after me are claiming to already have their product.

Edit: reply from NCIX on their websit forum (apparently do look at forum, just dont answer phones):

"US orders typically get sent to a Fedex depot at the border in a consolidated shipment. Individual tracking number scans do not become active until that consolidated shipment clears the border. Border clearance can add a couple of business days for the consolidated shipment, which the Fedex delivery ETA they generate (we have no control over this) does not take into account. The first scan point is in Blaine.

We are looking to improve the way fedex handles US shipments for us as it is a bit confusing when the consumer can't have the tracking number work right awa but at this time they currently provide the best shipping rates to the US. If you have been assigned a tracking number then your shipment has shipped, it just hasn't cleared the Fedex depot at Blaine yet. "

--- so apparently it has shipped, it is just sitting at the border somewhere. Still took too long to process, but apparently the latest delay is not their fault, but price of doing buisness in Canada.
However, if you notice this information is nowhere on their website. Of course they dont advertise that it takes so long to get the product to US customers, but they could be a little more forthcoming.

I go back to college tomorrow, now I have to wait for it to arrive, then my parents have to pay to ship it to me. This is absolute bullshit.

Edit: It's just been picked up. Will get to my parents house on the 9th. I hope this card is worth all the trouble it's causing.

I said the same thing 5+ pages ago. I ordered my galaxy 8800gt from ncix and it was delivered to my doorstep (PA) within 5 calendar days... this was around xmas when shipping was at its worst. I don t think its NCIX.

I have been ordering from NCIX for about 5 years, I have never had an issue with them. Ordered the BFG OC2 8800GT and it arrived on my doorstep in 3 days from when I clicked submit order.

That said, this was before the Christmas rush. NCIX is probably having some major growing pains with their expansion from NCIX to NCIXUS to DirectCanada to expanding their retail stores as well...doesn't help that they put on a ridiculous amount of sales around the holidays. NCIX is backed up as hell and many people have been waiting months for their 8800GTs, it depends on the part and when you order it. My advice is never to backorder something as people who capitalize on promo codes from sales will get first dibs on new stock coming in because a certain number are always allocated for those sales...others are left waiting for weeks at this point with the 8800GTs. People have been waiting in backorder for the Evga SSC 8800GTs for 2 months now!

Some examination has revealed that the fan is actually hard-wired at 100% (it only has two wires, doesn't have a third wire to control the throttle).

NCIX and Galaxy are at least trying to make this right. Galaxy is sending a "special" shipment to take care of rma's for the loud fans. No word yet on what their fix will be. NCIX is offering discounted after-market cooling solutions.

Some examination has revealed that the fan is actually hard-wired at 100% (it only has two wires, doesn't have a third wire to control the throttle).

NCIX and Galaxy are at least trying to make this right. Galaxy is sending a "special" shipment to take care of rma's for the loud fans. No word yet on what their fix will be. NCIX is offering discounted after-market cooling solutions.

Have you spoken to a NCIX rep confirming this? If so, what kind of discounts are we talking about, and which particular after market coolers. Thanks.

Why would Galaxy do such a stupid thing? Even though these are known to overheat that is still a WAY extreme measure to take.

They posted it in their forums. I have a "special ticket" pending, in which I asked those questions.

I ordered mine on December 17th, and there are 3 wires for the fan connector, black-red-yellow

I have been ordering from NCIX for about 5 years, I have never had an issue with them. Ordered the BFG OC2 8800GT and it arrived on my doorstep in 3 days from when I clicked submit order.

That said, this was before the Christmas rush. NCIX is probably having some major growing pains with their expansion from NCIX to NCIXUS to DirectCanada to expanding their retail stores as well...doesn't help that they put on a ridiculous amount of sales around the holidays. NCIX is backed up as hell and many people have been waiting months for their 8800GTs, it depends on the part and when you order it. My advice is never to backorder something as people who capitalize on promo codes from sales will get first dibs on new stock coming in because a certain number are always allocated for those sales...others are left waiting for weeks at this point with the 8800GTs. People have been waiting in backorder for the Evga SSC 8800GTs for 2 months now!

I ordered my card on December 22nd. It is now January 7th and according to Fed-Ex it won't arrive until the 9th.

That is COMPLETELY unacceptable. We are talking 3 weeks on an order that according to their site should take at maximum 5. I am extremely pissed even though they gave me the reduced price. Meanwhile I see people who ordered last week already have their cards.

This is only for the Black/Yellow heatsink that has the 2 wire fan/header with the 100% fan issue. The coolermaster version (Spiral) has 3 pin fan/header that adjusts.

galaxy_8800gt.jpg

bathed in blue LED goodness

I ordered my card on December 22nd. It is now January 7th and according to Fed-Ex it won't arrive until the 9th.

That is COMPLETELY unacceptable. We are talking 3 weeks on an order that according to their site should take at maximum 5. I am extremely pissed even though they gave me the reduced price. Meanwhile I see people who ordered last week already have their cards.

Christmas.

Christmas.

I can understand that guy's frustration. I ordered my Galaxy 8800gt the night of 12/17 and it was waiting for me on my door step (in Pennsylvania) when I got home from work on 12/22. Something isn t right here if this guy has been waiting three weeks.

NCIXUS must have a U.S. depot or something shouldn't it? Because if they are sending down individual orders (instead of mass trucking them to a U.S. depot) means that there could be any number of random delays that really cannot be anticipated at all because of border/customs issues for individual packages.

I guess many people here have never had packages shipped from internationally, especially when they order only a few days before Christmas when everything is at it's worst.

Update on my previous rants about NCIX and their slow shipping:

Ordered on December 26, and last night got home late to find my card had finally arrived. Opened the box with much anticipation and yet with sense that I would see the non-Zalman leafblower version of the card .... I guess I won the lottery! :D

There before my eyes was this third version of the card, as discussed in the NCIX forum

http://forum.ncix.com/forums/index....umber=1&msgcount=5&subpage=1&product_id=27328

522752828-Thumbnail2.jpg

This has the Zalman-type cooler, has Samsung 1.0ns VRAM and a long aluminum heatsink on the VRMs, only downside is that the fan on this is only two pin (black and red wires only) so the fan can't be controlled (should be quiet enough that this wont be that important).

I wont be able to install for a day or two, but the poster on the NCIX forums showed good overclocking on the Ram (he eventually went to 732/2242/1658 stable and cool).

156894280-Thumbnail2.jpg

So it looks like (knock on wood) that all is well, and I dont have to deal with the loud fan issue. Good luck to all.

Well, I am just the luckiest guy in the world... NOT. I finally received my card a total of 17 days later. Now not only did I get to wait all that time, they took the time to ship me the leafblower version too!!! How much worse is this thing? I could have sworn when I ordered they were only the Zalman, and later they started doing the either or version thing again. My system isn't very loud as it is now. It seems like I just have terrible luck when it comes to any computer components. I am just really irked and feel like when I go to plug this thing in it won't even freaking work.

Hopefully I get the same ( I ordered on the same day as you). I was able to get in contact with NCIX and have them reroute the package to my college address, but it seems FedEx still tried to deliver it to my parent's house.

*bangs head*

Well, I am just the luckiest guy in the world... NOT. I finally received my card a total of 17 days later. Now not only did I get to wait all that time, they took the time to ship me the leafblower version too!!! How much worse is this thing? I could have sworn when I ordered they were only the Zalman, and later they started doing the either or version thing again. My system isn't very loud as it is now. It seems like I just have terrible luck when it comes to any computer components. I am just really irked and feel like when I go to plug this thing in it won't even freaking work.

My leaf blower version that I just received is really not too bad, except for the inability to control the fan speed. Without changing the cooler, my clocks are at 720 Core / 2040 Mem / 1800 Shader. With my case side off I can get significantly higher all around and about 2100 on the memory, so I know it is just heat that is my limiting factor. My case only has 80mm fans so it isn't the coolest case in the world.

I have put in a request to NCIX to give me some sort of compensation for the fact that the cooler is unacceptable, especially since it is a known issue both by them and the community yet it does not list this on the product page. I would either like a small discount on the card, or a free after market cooler.You should do the same thing. I will let you know how it goes.

I got the leaf blower :(

go through NCIX's customer service steps for your order number and issue a request to them for some sort of compensation. Personally, I don't mind much that there are two different coolers, its just that one of them is "defective", even if it was designed to do this. It should be listed in the specs for the card on the product page.

go through NCIX's customer service steps for your order number and issue a request to them for some sort of compensation. Personally, I don't mind much that there are two different coolers, its just that one of them is "defective", even if it was designed to do this. It should be listed in the specs for the card on the product page.

Exactly. NCIX clearly knows that this is an issue based on their messages in the forums, and yet there is nothing to warn potential buyers on the product page itself.

Quick question about the molex to PCI-e adapters that come with the card. Do I have to plug in both male molex connecters on the PCI-e adapter? The obvious answer would seem to be yes, but I'm just making sure. I already have one PCI-e connecter that comes from my PSU, but I need to use one of the adapters for the second.

Exactly. NCIX clearly knows that this is an issue based on their messages in the forums, and yet there is nothing to warn potential buyers on the product page itself.

Personally I think it is in their best interest to give some sort of compenation, because they probably don't want everyone RMA'ing their cards over something like this.

Quick question about the molex to PCI-e adapters that come with the card. Do I have to plug in both male molex connecters on the PCI-e adapter? The obvious answer would seem to be yes, but I'm just making sure. I already have one PCI-e connecter that comes from my PSU, but I need to use one of the adapters for the second.

Yes, you absolutely should use both

Personally I think it is in their best interest to give some sort of compenation, because they probably don't want everyone RMA'ing their cards over something like this.

If indeed they did give some compensation, it'd probably come in the form of something like $10 store credit or something equally useless.

If indeed they did give some compensation, it'd probably come in the form of something like $10 store credit or something equally useless.

You are probably correct, although if people give them a hard time about that as well, they may relent depending on how much they want to curb RMA's

I've yet to actually start my new build. Is the noise really as bad as people make it out to be? I've heard comparisons to hairdryers.

Yes it really is that bad. My case isn't the best at sound damping, but the fan on this card is at least 3-4 times louder than my cpu and case fans combined. I mean you should still be able to hear normal conversation over it, but I can hear it across the room and in other rooms as well. It is almost as loud as my refridgerator.

Back