just got my galaxy 8800GT

Nice to see the jumper actually works.
Could you check if your Samsung vram is 1.0 or 1.2ns?

The voltage increase should be of 0.5 which can be reached by simply modifying the BIOS
Anything higher is only reached by hardmods.

I just asked at xtremesystems how to measure vcore with a multimeter in this PCB,
as soon as my card arrives I'll check the voltage increase.

It doesn't say on the RAM itself, not sure how to check it otherwise.

look at the last two numbers on any vram chip

10 = 1.0ns

12 = 1.2ns

10yz0.jpg

12qd2.jpg

as you can see in this review, the 256mb version were equipped with Samsung vram 1.2ns
http://en.expreview.com/?p=64

Stock clock for 1.2ns vram is 1666. [1000 / 1.2]
and were used in the 256mb version at 1600Mhz

Just to let you know that at 2000Mhz those chips are highly overclocked.
Althought it is Samsung vram, which is usually better than Qimonda.

Woah, I took a closer look this morning and the last number isn't a 2, but an A.
The suffix reads 8J1A, wtf :rolleyes:

Gautama>

do you have an HDMI port in the back of the card?

is there a Galaxy/Coolermaster sticker placed at the top of the fan?

No HDMI port. There's some design on the fan IIRC, I don't recall if it was painted or a sticker, however.

well sir, you've been very lucky :D
the OEM version has no design in the fan, only the retail version

is this how your vram chip looks?

00ej9.jpg

those vram chips are used in the chinease retail version,

and according to Samsung's website

K4XXXXXXXX-[Suffix]

1A = 1.0ns (1000MHz)
11 = 1.1ns (900MHz)
12 = 1.25ns (800MHz)

The stock speed for these chips is 2000Mhz, and will reach 2200mhz easily. Congrats :D

I only have the front 2 pin jumper and rear 3 pin voltage jumper on my non-hdmi version.

There is no design on my fan, it is clear and I just saw the parts beneath it.
And yes, that is my vram! Good news, good news.

well sir, you've been very lucky :D
the OEM version has no design in the fan, only the retail version

is this how your vram chip looks?

00ej9.jpg

those vram chips are used in the chinease retail version,

and according to Samsung's website

K4XXXXXXXX-[Suffix]

1A = 1.0ns (1000MHz)
11 = 1.1ns (900MHz)
12 = 1.25ns (800MHz)

The stock speed for these chips is 2000Mhz, and will reach 2200mhz easily. Congrats :D

So what is the scoop with these cards now?

The older version card (with the coolermaster cooler) has RAM supporting 2 GHz?

What about the new version of the card with the dual slot cooler? Slower RAM?

So what is the scoop with these cards now?

The older version card (with the coolermaster cooler) has RAM supporting 2 GHz?

What about the new version of the card with the dual slot cooler? Slower RAM?
i can only speak for mine, it has the coolermaster sink, and has 1.0ns = 2000mhz, and is clocked to 1800mhz! go figure ... however it will do 2100 NP :)

Could some one get a multimeter and measure the actual GPU voltage on that card; both bioses, and both voltage jumper settings?

Most 8800GTs have 4 selectable voltage settings within their BIOSes 1.1v, 1.05v, 1v, and .95v. The cards also overvolt by .05v under load/3d mode. Best I can figure (I've looked inside the bioses of at least two dozen different modles of 8800GT), most stock clocked 8800GT cards come set to 1.05v (1.1v under load) while the pre-overclocked samples tend to be 1.1v (1.15 load).

I haven't seen any cards that could put out more than 1.15v without a hardware voltage mod, but I've never checked out a non-reference board. I would really like to know if that extra voltage jumper can push the card beyond 1.1/1.15v. It's quite possible that Galaxy's PCB has an alternate trace/resistor for a small hardware voltage boost.

I'd also like to know what sort of clocks are 100% ATiTool stable (meaning that no "delta in xx..." ever shows up) after atleast a full hour on the artifact scanner, with it set to "most artifacts, lowest oc" in the settings page.

The 8800GTs that I have tried have a huge range of near stability. On my BFG OC (1.1/1.15v) I can play Crysis for hours with the card set to 739/1836/1026 and never see an artifact, but that same card is not 100% ATiTool stable till I drop down to 702/1675/945. Picky as I am, I am not content with anything less than 100% 24/7 stability at realistic ambient temperatures.

What about the new version of the card with the dual slot cooler?

just FYI, both versions are double slot width.

I think it would be more accurate to refer to them by the shape of the cooler... round vs rectangular.

Could some one get a multimeter and measure the actual GPU voltage on that card; both bioses, and both voltage jumper settings?

Most 8800GTs have 4 selectable voltage settings within their BIOSes 1.1v, 1.05v, 1v, and .95v. The cards also overvolt by .05v under load/3d mode. Best I can figure (I've looked inside the bioses of at least two dozen different modles of 8800GT), most stock clocked 8800GT cards come set to 1.05v (1.1v under load) while the pre-overclocked samples tend to be 1.1v (1.15 load).

I haven't seen any cards that could put out more than 1.15v without a hardware voltage mod, but I've never checked out a non-reference board. I would really like to know if that extra voltage jumper can push the card beyond 1.1/1.15v. It's quite possible that Galaxy's PCB has an alternate trace/resistor for a small hardware voltage boost.

I'd also like to know what sort of clocks are 100% ATiTool stable (meaning that no "delta in xx..." ever shows up) after atleast a full hour on the artifact scanner, with it set to "most artifacts, lowest oc" in the settings page.

The 8800GTs that I have tried have a huge range of near stability. On my BFG OC (1.1/1.15v) I can play Crysis for hours with the card set to 739/1836/1026 and never see an artifact, but that same card is not 100% ATiTool stable till I drop down to 702/1675/945. Picky as I am, I am not content with anything less than 100% 24/7 stability at realistic ambient temperatures.

This card stock idle vcore is 1.23, and 1.26 under load.

I still have to check with a multimeter if moving the jumper increases voltage or not.

Wow, that voltage is pretty high. If those readings are correct, I'd expect the card to do 800MHz+ on the core with good air cooling.

fwiw, I just got and installed a new Galaxy 8800gt. I got the dual slot (black plastic shielding version). The fan is locked on in the BIOS at 100% and is excrutiatingly loud. Riva and nibitor are no use. There is no current BIOS fix, so everyone is left to either RMA (with restocking and the like), try a BIOS flash from another card (others are reporting poor results in these attempts), or put on another after-market cooler and/or otherwise do a bit of modding to get some fan control. There's currently an uproar in the NCIX forums about the issue.

anyone have anything to say about Galaxy's 8800 GTS 512 ???

I have one coming in the mail. I have to admit I am a little concerned with this brand.

Im just about to Buy it since its even more cheaper than the ATI 3870.

Think I can get High FPS in Games like Crysis Med-High 1024x768 ?

AMD x2 5600 2.8Ghz 2Gig Ram DDR2

Vista 32 Bit

Im not going to OC it anyways. Good Product ?

anyone have anything to say about Galaxy's 8800 GTS 512 ???

I have one coming in the mail. I have to admit I am a little concerned with this brand.

I got one for $268 after MIR from NCIX. Working great so far with normal clocking - quiet cooling, good performance. This replaced a BFG 7600GT 256M OC.

So, can someone please tell me what the deal is with the "new" Galaxy cards people are mentioning?

I just ordered one of the galaxy 8800GT's with the "you'll get a random FAN version" from NCIXUS.COM. Is the version they're sending out now the crap stock cooler?

If so, I'm going to want to cancel my order before it ships. Can anyone confirm!?

Thank you in advance!

(this is the card I ordered: http://www.ncixus.com/products/27328/88YFF6HUFEXX/Galaxy Technology/)

So, can someone please tell me what the deal is with the "new" Galaxy cards people are mentioning?

I just ordered one of the galaxy 8800GT's with the "you'll get a random FAN version" from NCIXUS.COM. Is the version they're sending out now the crap stock cooler?

If so, I'm going to want to cancel my order before it ships. Can anyone confirm!?

Thank you in advance!

(this is the card I ordered: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=27328&promoid=1087)

I ordered my 8800GT on the 29th and it arrived yesterday Jan 2nd. Mine is the "old" round style cooler.

Thank you in advance!

(this is the card I ordered: http://www.ncixus.com/products/27328/88YFF6HUFEXX/Galaxy Technology/)
you wont know untill it comes unfortunately. one plus is the fact that both versions now have 1.0ns memory, not just the coolermaster version. which meens either one will do 2000mhz on the ram.

deviantek: It is a true lottery. I ordered on the 25th and got the "newer" cooler. Like their single slot versions, the fan is locked on at 100%. A BIOS flash is required to change it and this is not a reference design. So far, I have not heard of anyone getting good results from attempting to use other BIOS or to edit them themselves (though I would be happy to be corrected on that).

It performs fine, and stays cool (which it should with the fan on vaccuum cleaner setting all the time). If you care about noise at all, however, I would avoid this for now.

Honestly, my system is so loud with my 6 120mm FAN's and a crossflow running that teh 100% Fan speed doesn't bother me.

What would bother me is:

If the memory is 1.2ns junk
and/or:
The newer cooler being mentioned is the same as the reference coolers (is it?)

Thanks again,

It's different than the reference cooler, both the spiral and full-coverage heatsinks are dual-slot.

Im just about to Buy it since its even more cheaper than the ATI 3870.

Think I can get High FPS in Games like Crysis Med-High 1024x768 ?

AMD x2 5600 2.8Ghz 2Gig Ram DDR2

Vista 32 Bit

Im not going to OC it anyways. Good Product ?

yeah, with a s939 4400+ its playable all at high at 1680x1050 for the most part, oc'ing my cpu gains me a fair bit but I have not had the time to get it working stable

I have one of these coming from ncix, ordered on Dec 31'st. I will let you guys know which one I get, which type of memory it has, and what my max overclock for core and memory is after heatsinks and better thermalpaste. I will be receiving it this coming up tuesday.

stay tuned.

I got one. So far seems to be working just fine.

I could run a 3dmark round @ 700 core and 2000 mem. Fan speed stays around 30% or so, not 100%.

quieter than the bios updated eVGA 8800 GT it's replacing.

what version of the card did you get, when did you order it, and did you put ramsinks on it? Thanks

Sorry I meant this for the 8800 GTS 512 thread (Galaxy)

of which there is only one cooler design - the reference one

I ordered mine the day after Christmas, and I got the tracking number on the 28th. I checked the tracking status regularly to see if it'd change, but it just stayed at "Package data transmitted to FedEx". I assumed this was just some glitch on FedEx's part, but when it didn't show up on the estimated delivery date (1/3), I called FedEx up and they said the label/tracking number was created, but they never actually received the box. Now I'm waiting for a reply from NCIX (assholes won't even pick up the phone). I have to go back to school in a few days, so I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do. I had a whole new comp ready to put together, and now it's just sitting on the floor all sad looking.

I ordered mine the day after Christmas, and I got the tracking number on the 28th. I checked the tracking status regularly to see if it'd change, but it just stayed at "Package data transmitted to FedEx". I assumed this was just some glitch on FedEx's part, but when it didn't show up on the estimated delivery date (1/3), I called FedEx up and they said the label/tracking number was created, but they never actually received the box. Now I'm waiting for a reply from NCIX (assholes won't even pick up the phone). I have to go back to school in a few days, so I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do. I had a whole new comp ready to put together, and now it's just sitting on the floor all sad looking.

Tell me about it... I made my initial order on the 29th, and there was a typo in the Credit Card #, I contacted them via e-mail the same day to have them update with the correct CC #, and they still have yet to even process the order. I've tried every day to get through to phone support, but it's been an absolutely waiste of time.

I hate NCIX, and wish there was another company that sold the galaxy 8800GT

same thing happened to me but ordering a sub from musicians friend, it was a messup on UPS's part they didnt scan it until it was at the post office 15 mins from me almost a week after order was shipped

Think I have you guys beat. Ordered on the day after christmas, and checked my FedEx tracking and it is due on Jan 7. That is 9 normal working days, two weekends, and a holiday. 14 days total, if it even gets here on time. Took forever to even get them to move it to the shipping stage, and now the shipping even is going to be slow. Live in major city, so why so SLOW. My build is waiting on this to start.

NCIX works juuust fine when you dont fuck up, too.

When you're unable to cancel, edit, or change your order due to lack of ability to contact a CSR (after hours & hours of attempts over a period of 7+ days), then the fuck up is on the company's part, not the customers. Thanks though.

Think I have you guys beat. Ordered on the day after christmas, and checked my FedEx tracking and it is due on Jan 7. That is 9 normal working days, two weekends, and a holiday. 14 days total, if it even gets here on time. Took forever to even get them to move it to the shipping stage, and now the shipping even is going to be slow. Live in major city, so why so SLOW. My build is waiting on this to start.

I ordered mine on the same day.

Back