Just got me a mini mac

CyberSlave

[H]ard|Gawd
me and the gf (mainly the gf) got a mini mac today.
Duo Core. :)

Seems kinda neat. This is my first mac and I am afraid, much like the humorous stylings at penny-arcade.com I am lost in this new world.

I need help.

how do I install and uninstall a program?
That is my main issue at the moment. Thanks

CyberSlave said:
me and the gf (mainly the gf) got a mini mac today.
Duo Core. :)

Seems kinda neat. This is my first mac and I am afraid, much like the humorous stylings at penny-arcade.com I am lost in this new world.

I need help.

how do I install and uninstall a program?
That is my main issue at the moment. Thanks
if it includes an installer, then just run it....

if it just gives you a file, drag it to the applications folder. simple as that.

guess what you do to uninstall? if it has an uninstaller, run it, if not. just drag it to the trash :)

oh and just do one thing for me

press apple-option-control-8 :) trippy eh?
press again to reverse

well here is the problem.

I am trying to install Azures (sp). I have the mac version of the client but when I run it it puts an icon on the desktop. when run it open a windows with 2 text files and the azures logo.
When you click the logo it appears and bounces on the docl for a sec then disappears.

Now Azures is is java based, could that be the problem?

You haven't installed it yet. It simply "mounted" - translation it was just extracted. Now you have to drag the Azureus Icon to where you want to install it. For example, I install stuff in Applications, so open the Applications folder and drag it there.

Unless they released a Intel/Universal build the last few weeks, Azureus will not run under Intel Macs. I know this because I tried it myself.

Transmission is a good alternative BT program to use until they fix Azureus.

^my mac mini,

and yes. i had it named that BEFORE you said anything about a big mac :p

thanks for the info.

Will def. hav eto play around for a bit to get used to it.

synergyo1 said:
Unless they released a Intel/Universal build the last few weeks, Azureus will not run under Intel Macs. I know this because I tried it myself.

Transmission is a good alternative BT program to use until they fix Azureus.

Well, the info on their site said it was 24 days old and was OSX compatable. I din't see wher it listed Intel or PowerPC

4b5eN+EE said:
oh and just do one thing for me

press apple-option-control-8 :) trippy eh?
press again to reverse

I didn't know about that little feature. That's pretty sweet.

how about holding down shift when you minimize or maximize a window from the dock? (does not work with command+m, must use mouse)

bahula03 said:
how about holding down shift when you minimize or maximize a window from the dock? (does not work with command+m, must use mouse)

Holding down shift when you activate Dashboard and Expose is fun as well. That is if you just ever really that bored. :D

much fun.

Oh, yu you must hear the story of how the mac cam eto us.

We went to Fry's (45min away) to get a laptop for her school and to take on a vegas trip we have planned. We get there, find a nice one (HP) and proceed to do what needed to be done to get it.
Go up front and its lke $1200+.
now tis is a lot of money for us, we were having to pay with 3 differant types.
Pull out the old CC and the guy says "We don't take American Express"
Well hell.
the gf has the money in her savings and said she would just right a check.
no prob.
Then the guy said, we need to calll the bank to verify funds.
WTF?
since when has any store called to verify funds? I work at a place that reg. has multi thousand dollar transactions and we wold never dream of calling th ebank.

So we said F it and left.

On the way home and with me cursing Fry's (everytime I go there they piss me off somehow), I said lets got the apple store.

ent in, got a Mini duel core, keyboard, mouse, Applecare for a total of $1000 aprox. w/student discount.

Oh, and Apple Store takes AmEx.

god I hate Fry's, but I love the new mac. :)

Back