Just got into the BF3 Alpha, Downloading now

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
I cant wait to check this game out, Im downloading right now before i head out to work. Ill be back in about 5 hours ( 11 Am Central ) Ill post whatever info i can gather. Ill be playing this game on my setup which is, 2600K @ 4800Mhz, 3 6970 cards in Tri-Fire, 8 Gigs of Ram. Ill run the game with 1/2/3 cards just to see what scaling im getting. God i wish i didnt have to work this morning :(

Just saw my e-mail. Hooray for not having a job! 25 minutes to download... I am fucking excited.

I will throw the double sword at you.

Evil me: OMG how'd you get in!!!!!!!!!! I hope your system blows up.

Good me: Awesome, tell us all the goodness that you can before they slap an NDA all up and down your bandwidth.

I will throw the double sword at you.

Evil me: OMG how'd you get in!!!!!!!!!! I hope your system blows up.

Good me: Awesome, tell us all the goodness that you can before they slap an NDA all up and down your bandwidth.

Honestly,I have no idea how I got in. I did not sign up for anything. I recall reading a blog post about it a day or two ago, but it didn't give any instructions. I got an e-mail last night, just saw it when I woke up.

Just saw my e-mail. Hooray for not having a job! 25 minutes to download... I am fucking excited.
And it is people like you that ruin the game for me! When I come back from work you will be level 200 have quad 50cal and mock me when I die all the time.:p

And it is people like you that ruin the game for me! When I come back from work you will be level 200 have quad 50cal and mock me when I die all the time.:p

I still have a wife whom demands my attention She was not pleased when the first thing she heard this morning was "OMG I have to go" as I ran off... :D

no luck on my part. I seem to recall you have to buy medal of failure to get into the alpha. I'm sorry EA I'm not buying a shitty game to get into a probably shitty alpha.

I got in too. I have Veteran status and like over 500 hours in BF2 so maybe that is why. BTW, it specifically said this isn't the beta for the MoH Limited Edition buyers. Oh and we can't show anything or tell anything really.

I hate you :mad:

Ok I don't.

I actually don't think I'd want to play the Alpha. I'd rather wait until the whole thing is pretty polished before I try it out. But I will play the shit out of the Beta for sure.

Consolation prize for you-

Stats reset Thursday at 9PM CET (8PM GMT/15PM EST/12PM PST) all stats will be reset, in order to make adjustments to ranking/leveling and unlock speed.

I just got a Email for beta to , 2 1/2 hour download for me .. Yeah slow internetz , but hopefully its not all glitchy and crap.

I just got a Email for beta to , 2 1/2 hour download for me .. Yeah slow internetz , but hopefully its not all glitchy and crap.

I would play, but ughhh I'll download it and only get to play for a day or two. Then later have to re-download the beta. I have tested so many damned betas and alphas im just exhausted and want the final game.

10 minutes for me :D

Its not bad at all, and it will stress your CPU and GPU. That is all :)

I got in as well, woo! Can't play until tonight though since I'm at work right now :( Downloaded this morning before I left for work though so it will be ready to go as soon as I get home. Already told the wife she won't be seeing me much tonight :)

I saw a post somewhere last week where someone from EA suggested signing up for the newsletter on the BF3 site. I did that, not sure if it had anything to do with getting selected or not.

I also have a pretty high "veteran" score (only missing 2 things I think), not sure if that affects it all either though.

I have a VERY hard time believing you won't be required to sign an NDA prior to playing.

Lucky bastards :D

Wonder what it takes. I have both Battlefield 2 and BC2 registered but nothing in my inbox today :(

Everything running at High 1920X1200 8XAA 16Xanis in Tri-Fire no Problems at all. Some slowdown when debris is floating around, It does it if im running 1 card 2 cards or all 3 cards in Tri-Fire though.

Its random. BC2 is my only game and I am in. Yes there is an NDA. No, there are no 'extra keys'. That's not how it works.

I have a VERY hard time believing you won't be required to sign an NDA prior to playing.

I'm pretty sure a NDA is basically unenforceable for a product demo to thousands (tens of thousands?) of randomly picked individuals on the internet in practice.

Im in dl'ed origin and am now trying to get in game battlelog crap keeps locking up and wont let me type in my info

IE9 keeps telling me its not responding and fails to recover......

recommended system requirements for the alpha if anyone is interested:

RECOMMENDED PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Installed: Origin
CPU: Quadcore @ 2.0 GHz or faster
RAM: 4GB or more
Hard Drive: 7.25GB free
Video: 512 MB or greater DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)
Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card
Internet: broadband connection
Note that these do not necessarily represent the requirements for the final game.

Im not posting any Pictures of the game or Solid Benchmarks becuz i dont know if i can hehe.

no luck on my part. I seem to recall you have to buy medal of failure to get into the alpha. I'm sorry EA I'm not buying a shitty game to get into a probably shitty alpha.

My sentiments exactly. I told myself though, that if I could pick-up MoH for $5-10 I would but that didn't work out for me.

I have it. Not worth stressing about. One map. Small one at that. Tiny in bc terms. Wait for the beta.

the NDA in an alpha build to thousands is completely unenforceable. Think about it?? they would have to essentially be tracking your IP and watching your network traffic, in which case they would be breaking the law.

Graphics look terrible. Preorder canceled.

EA's going to have to do better than a game that looks like it's from 2004 to get my money.

My sentiments exactly. I told myself though, that if I could pick-up MoH for $5-10 I would but that didn't work out for me.

Except its not a shitty alpha but I wouldn't have bought Medal of Failure for it either.

Graphics look terrible?? LAWLZ You either need glasses or your running it on a 486.

Back