Just got G2 4.4.2 Android update.

Godmachine

[H]F Junkie
Loving the update. Anyone else get the G2 4.4.2 update? Its great to see LG actually updating their flagship and not leaving it with the same OS version for .. just about ever.

Ok now it seems that my old APN settings are not working and when I apply different ones I only get access to the 3G HSPAP network..

Wtf Net10?

Edit : There is an audio static bug when headphones are plugged in for the International LG G2 D802 version. Avoid the new Kit Kat update until a fix is issued. Its been verified on the developer forums.

Last edited:
Wouldn't know.. I'm running Cyanogenmod 11 on the LS980 here. (Sprint model G2)
It stayed stock for all of a few minutes before I had TWRP on it and rooted it and a few hours before I had CM on it.

so basically: i've been running CM11 (4.4.2) since a bit after I got the phone in February sometime.

Its great to see LG actually updating their flagship and not leaving it with the same OS version for .. just about ever.

i know that feel bro :(

i bought lg g2x (first dual core phone ) when it was released and it's still on GB , they haven't updated it even on ics :(

i know that feel bro :(

i bought lg g2x (first dual core phone ) when it was released and it's still on GB , they haven't updated it even on ics :(

Yeah, I think it took them a year or so just to get GB on it too, hah. I think their previous flagship, the Optimus G (which is what the Nexus 4 is based off of) is still on 4.2 on most carriers too. Which is one of the reasons I didn't really consider the G2. They've done alright so far with the G2, if they keep it up, I may consider their next flagship. But they'll have to work on their UI a lot too, somehow they beat Samsung at their own game of having the ugliest UI out there.

So does this 4.4.2 update have the same battery drain bug that affected the Nexus 5 and Moto X once they got updated to 4.4.2?

I need to somehow install the stock kitkat rom onto my ATT unlocked LG G2 I bought new off craigslist for $265.

I just installed the OTA kitkat update but there is so much ATT bloatware with seemingly software updates daily I'm starting to lose my mind.

No battery drain bug for me with the D802 4.4.2 update. Not sure if I just got lucky or not.

Head up to the XDA forums SixFootDuo. There is software to sideload it.

My note 3 4.4.2 update screwed my sd card so I am glad at least some one is happy with their 4.4.2 update.

My note 3 4.4.2 update screwed my sd card so I am glad at least some one is happy with their 4.4.2 update.

Oh I'm not , I'm pissed. Thanks to the audio hiss I can't even use my headphones with my phone at all.. only through USB or Bluetooth can I do any kind of headphone usage.

LG UK has confirmed at least that they are getting complaints about the bug but it might take months to fix it. Very frustrating.

So as always something gets fixed and something else gets broken.

Yeah, I think it took them a year or so just to get GB on it too, hah. I think their previous flagship, the Optimus G (which is what the Nexus 4 is based off of) is still on 4.2 on most carriers too. Which is one of the reasons I didn't really consider the G2. They've done alright so far with the G2, if they keep it up, I may consider their next flagship. But they'll have to work on their UI a lot too, somehow they beat Samsung at their own game of having the ugliest UI out there.

So does this 4.4.2 update have the same battery drain bug that affected the Nexus 5 and Moto X once they got updated to 4.4.2?
That's what i'm thinking about LG

yes , i like them very much , but they are too slow in updates

and i'm with you about lg ui , samsungs touchwiz is uglier , but lg ui is almost same :D

Only sd card?! hah you lucky

I've "killed" 2 samsung galaxy 1st (Vibrant) when tried to update software via samsung official Kies software :mad:

Only sd card?! hah you lucky

I've "killed" 2 samsung galaxy 1st (Vibrant) when tried to update software via samsung official Kies software :mad:

define "killed"? are they just non-booting? If you can get into recovery mode then there's a chance you can bring it back from the dead.

Back