Just got D-Link DI-624 Wireless router

MapleSyrupMods

Bring on Titan X Volta
Hey, So I just got this router, and was wondering if anyone else had it, and if it was a good router? Also I was told that I can use my "crossover" cables for this, is that true?
Thanks

I use a DI-624 router, alot of people have had problems with the router rebooting at random intervals even with the latest firmware update (some have had trouble with the latest firmware in general, for example I downgraded mine cause I couldn't host any games (Dungeon Siege II)), I also couldn't get port forwarding to work on mine so I've had to DMZ.

As for the crossover cabling, I have no clue. But what I can suggest is if you still can you might want to return it and get a Linksys WRT54G router instead :) The WRT54G also has 3rd party firmware which adds a load of features, unlimited port forwarding, VPN tunneling, PPPoE, mac address cloning, VoIP support, etc

You might also want to search around the forums for the DI-624.

I have one, it works great for me. When I had first got it I had problems with the wireless cutting out every once in a while, but firmware fixed that.

I actually have maybe my first problem with the router and that is the 3com gigabit on my Abit IS7 does not seem to want to work with the router.

Nah, cant return it cause I opened it and set it up. I just bought it so that I can go to my friends and have a lan part, no internet involved, but we are all going to get wireless cards to go with it.

also, can I just have it to the wireless router is just plugged into a wall and then me and my friend can both use wireless cards to connect thru that? Like the router doesnt need to be plugged into a computer correct?

the crossover cable is the same one that Xbox uses for Xbox Live, so if it has that little xbox live compatible logo (which i think it does) it should support crossover cables

ATI9700Pro said:
also, can I just have it to the wireless router is just plugged into a wall and then me and my friend can both use wireless cards to connect thru that? Like the router doesnt need to be plugged into a computer correct?

Yes, however, it is always a good idea to access the routers interface via a wired computer, just incase the worst happens.

I've had the very same router for about a year and it's been awesome for me. Haven't had any issues at all.

I'm using a DI-624, its the worst piece of networking equipment I have ever used!
I even have the latest c3, with the 2.70 firmware.

Linksys WRT54GS is alot better choice

temporalwar said:
I'm using a DI-624, its the worst piece of networking equipment I have ever used!
I even have the latest c3, with the 2.70 firmware.

Linksys WRT54GS is alot better choice

The Linksys is a piece as well. Wrt54gs and wrt54g have their own horrible problems.

I have had a di624 run for almost 10 months with out reboot.

Since the Linksys routers are based off of Linux, it has extensible firmware support... which is a big plus.

temporalwar said:

QFT++

This is THE worst piece of networking equipment I've ever owned. And that's saying something.....some of my stuff dates back to days of Token-Ring.

Back