Just got an x-fi prelude

koopaGG

2[H]4U
Everything is nice and all but seriously

WHO THE HELL thought it would be a good idea to have a constantly flashing Green LED on the card?! It's so distracting I'm about ready to rearrange my desk area so I don't have to see it.

why not use a small square of electrical tape and tape over it.

I'm thinking about it but I shouldn't have to do that, it's a worthless feature.

Your pci cards are easily viewable from where you sit? You should put your pc on the ground or something :D

I agree with Zardoz, just use tape and tape over the LED

Anyways, enjoy your PreLude (I don't like you anymore lol)...I, on the other hand, am gonna enjoy my $49AR Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro

If i remember right, the light is there to tell you if theres a problem. I think if it isnt flashing then. Theres a problem.

If i remember right, the light is there to tell you if theres a problem. I think if it isnt flashing then. Theres a problem.

If the card doesnt work, I assume theres a problem :)
No doubt the LED is a diagnostic for something but havent heard mention of what yet.

How is the Dolby Live! on this card? Does it apply EAX 5.0 on supported games before converting to a digital signal? Or does it drop EAX support when converting to a dd signal. Right now I have a X-fi and am using the 6.1 analog output to my receiver but would really love a simple digital cable if it didn't get rid of the support.

DDL works exactly as you would want it to, all 5.1 channels are sent via digital, EAX and all.
Both analogue and digital can be enabled simultaneously so you can do quick switch over comparisons to see which sounds best.

Your pci cards are easily viewable from where you sit? You should put your pc on the ground or something :D

Or maybe turn is around so your not looking at the back of it. My X-Fi Elite Pro has a blue light on it but you can only see it when you look inside the case.

DDL works exactly as you would want it to, all 5.1 channels are sent via digital, EAX and all.
Both analogue and digital can be enabled simultaneously so you can do quick switch over comparisons to see which sounds best.

Awesome. Now I have to get me one.

Just thought of this too, Is there an internal spdif out? Would be nice if it did then I could run it to my GX2 and output over HDMI...

Unfortunately there isnt an internal SPDIF connection that I can find and no mention of it elsewhere.
Externally you can use either optical or wired digital. A sturdy 3 metre optical cable is included with the card.

Give us a mini review when you get it :)

There is no internal SPDIF connection on the X-Fi Prelude, however you could fashion a homemade solution by using the appropriate pins on the digital i/o connector. (the long connector at the end of the card).

Back