Just got an IBM T40

roberttran

[H]ard|Gawd
Afew weeks ago my 600m was stolen so last week I ordered a T40. I got it in yesterday and so far I'm fairly happy with it. Build quality is definately better. My model came with the extended battery and the battery life is great. My only complaint is the software. There is no restore CD or anything. Everything is on a hidden partition on the drive. Also with the IBM software, I have to use the software install utility to install drivers and utilities or it won't work properly. Other then that It's good. I plan on eventually doing a fresh install of everything with that hidden partition gone.

-Robert

Originally posted by GLASSXEROX
you may want to do a ghost image before the format

That is a good suggestion. Don't want to find out after you get rid of it that you needed something off of it.

let me know how it goes....I've been contemplating the same but didn't want to lose any "important" IBM software.

So far I see no important IBM software :p ..and I have XP cd's, etc already.

It looks like you can dl all the IBM software online, its just the hidden partition stuff im not sure about. There should be a way to get it since people have to upgrade HDD's sometimes.

-Robert

Sweet jesus! your dell got stolen! my my my I would have killed myself if my laptop got stolen!

I believe if you contact IBM within 30 days of buying the laptop, they'll send you the restore CD's... ;) Then you can safely lose the hidden partition..

Originally posted by defcom_1
I believe if you contact IBM within 30 days of buying the laptop, they'll send you the restore CD's... ;) Then you can safely lose the hidden partition..

Thanks,
I'll email them now about it

-Robert

Back