just got a lenovo s10e

antok86

[H]F Junkie
i just got my lenovo s10e from newegg...
upgraded the ram to 2gb

waiting for ssd....:D

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0380.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0394-1.jpg

DSC_0396.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

DSC_0423.jpg

Last edited:
The S10e has a 10.1" 1024x576 screen and the S10 has a 10.2" 1024x600 screen. What's that all about?

love the clean and simple shape. looks more mature than other netbooks.
how did you get to 2GB of ram? doesn't it have 512mb fixed memory and one slot?

love the clean and simple shape. looks more mature than other netbooks.
how did you get to 2GB of ram? doesn't it have 512mb fixed memory and one slot?
it came with 1gb = 512mb which is onboard and another 512mb stick. i guess when you put in a 2gb stick the 512 onboard gets disabled.

That is very nice... when I was looking at the s10 my biggest dissapointment was the lack of a 6 cell...

yea that was a big plus for me when getting the s10e was the six cell, so i didnt have to buy a seperate one and the bluetooth. For me i was willing to sacrifice the 24 pixels that would be missing

I just bought one off slickdeals promo.

I didn't get the S10e but I regular S10 which lacks bluetooth, but has a bigger screen (.1) Inch
or something.

It came to like 320 w/ tax and shipping Included.

I plan on throwing on 2GB Ram and faster Harddrive if possible. I'd really like to throw
in a SSD if possible and buy the bluetooth off ebay and just install it.

How is it when running HULU?

I just bought one off slickdeals promo.

I didn't get the S10e but I regular S10 which lacks bluetooth, but has a bigger screen (.1) Inch
or something.

It came to like 320 w/ tax and shipping Included.

I plan on throwing on 2GB Ram and faster Harddrive if possible. I'd really like to throw
in a SSD if possible and buy the bluetooth off ebay and just install it.

How is it when running HULU?

honestly i havent even used it really...was waitiing to install the ssd..but they sent me the wrong one....so ill wait to play with it till my new ssd comes

just won this one on ebay for just over $100
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227294&Tpk=OCZSSD2-1S32G

will post speeds when its installed

got this adapter for other brick...so theres not to much wires and i didnt need it so long

DSC05995.jpg

DSC05996.jpg

Wow....those are some very nice pictures! That looks really small as there is no large reference point to compare to.

Where'd you get such an adapter for your power plug?

That's a really slick computer man, give us some updates when you get the SSD!

do all s10e come with 6 cell battery?? and splashtop?

Last edited:
That is an extremely sexy laptop. I almost ordered one using slickdeals but am still holding out for a lenovo ion based laptop. Need to get my wow on when I'm using the shuttle....

update: just installed the ssd....just did a quick test on HD TUNE

original: WDC_WD1600BEVS
HDTune_Benchmark_WDC_WD1600BEVS-08V.png

SSD:OCZSSD2-1S32G
HDTune_Benchmark_SAMSUNG_MCBQE32G5M.png

whats the thickness of the laptop? some report 1.4'' and some report 1'', thats a big difference. thx

according to newegg..."Dimension 9.8" x 7.7" x 0.9-1.4"

i can check later on with a ruler

I have an S10e and am very pleased with it.

It feels VERY sturdy, with the best build-quality of any netbook with the possible exception of the HP 2140.

I like the 3 cell version mine came with, keeps it compact and easily transportable. i hate the ugly bulging 6-cell adaptions.

the 576 screen is a pain, makes it harder to run games that demand 800x600 as a minimum, but flashpoint works fine.

splashtop is a bit of an irrelevance, it will get wiped when i install linux over the top of it.

yup build quality is good i no longer have splashtop since i formtted but overall im vey pleased even with the bulk of a six cell battery
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Two S10s in my house, one for me and one for the g/f after she stole mine too often. Great netbooks.

Shes even got Windows set to login using the webcam face-identification, no password required. Neat trick.

antok86:

I've been reading up on getting a SSD for my new S10e as well. I've been seeing reports that people are having trouble getting Windows XP to run properly. I just wanted to know if you've had any issues after installing your SSD? Also, have there been any kind of changes that you've noticed regarding temperature changes or battery consumption?

i didnt have any problem installing windows XP...used it for about 2 hours last night installing some stuff and chatting no problems what so ever. unfortunately i didnt see what the temps were or battery differencesbefore and after i did the ssd upgrade. but the battery was reporting pretty close to 7 hours when i first checked. but actually times i havent been able to verify. this was with wifi on and lowest lcd brightness setting

Ok cool, I guess perhaps it was the drive I was looking at. I've been taking a look at what newegg has to offer and I was looking at this and saw that the one guy had issues.

waiting for mine to come in the mail still from the sickdeals thing...ugh i can't wait

Back