Just got a DGL-4500. Unable to connect to internet.

Edgar

2[H]4U
Got this router based on the above sticky. Logged into the router and did the Internet connection wizard. Won't connect to the internet. Did it manually and entered in the correct dns ip's. Still nothing.

I'm getting no help on the official forums so I've come to you guys for assistance. Got this to finally update to N. Upgrading from a wrt54g which works perfectly with the same cables but not with the dgl4500. Please help.

Ps: hardware version is A1 and the firmware is stock 1.02.

which internet provider do you have and type do you have?
if it's att residential dsl, make sure you put in the correct username and password for PPPOE
if it's comcast residential, make sure you power cycle your modem. (unplug the modem from power for about 5 minutes, and replug, if you get comcast phone service, take the battery out too). Alternately, instead of power cycleing you can also clone the mac address of the your old wrt54g if your new dgl4500 supports that feature. I advice attempting to power cycle first.

I have cox. Cable modem. I will try it when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion.

if it still doesn't work, please post what model modem you have. I am not familiar with cox.

Actually looks like it was a firewall issue. UDP/TCP Endpoint Filtering under the advanced firewall settings had to be changed to endpoint independent. Can someone explain to me what I just did? And what the setting did exactly? I want to learn from my mistakes.

I believe the setting was on Address Restricted.

And I just gotta say wireless N is so much better. My streams on my iphone 4 are like butter now.

Anyone know if this router would be better suited at handling more connections then my old DGL4100? not sure of the cpu/ram inside of these routers and if this one would be worth upgrading to, mostly doing torrents, ventrilo, games, and other internet stuff

Back