Just got 360. What good RPGs

Really? The decisive edge? I can think of 2 PS3 RPG exclusives that are good - Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls. Not exactly a huge edge there.

My personal favorite is actually Disgaea 3. And I think Folklore was an underrated title. The game lacked level design and depth but all the other aspects of the game were quite interesting. It was a good start, they just needed to push a sequel with more depth.

What's the 360's decisive edge?

Mass Effect (my favorite 360 game actually)
Lost Odyssey (which I own, and regret paying more than $30 for)
Fable 2 for some people, I personally don't like it, or much of anything Molyneux defecates out.

Since we're talking about decisive edges, I'm not going to list Infinite Undiscovery or Last Remnant because very few people actually liked either of those, the latter one going on the list of one of the more hated titles of the generation.

The "best" RPGs of this generation seem to be multiplat. Dragon Age is my current favorite of any genre. Of course, it's a piece of shit on both consoles and I wouldn't recommend playing it if that is your only choice (the words clusterfuck and slideshow come to mind when describing it). If I had to choose only one console to supplement my PC with RPGs I would easily choose the PS3.

For crying out loud! The guy asked for XBOX 360 RPG'S!!! Not an fanboy opinion based fire-fight. All the guy wants to know is what games to get for the 360 he has right now, not debating about whether or not he should buy the 360. The PS3 and 360 both have good games, and that is not surprising considering the companies that back both consoles. Each one has a majorly huge corporation to spend BILLIONS of dollars into each console respectively. So just knock off the petty feuds and just stick with the orginal question that was asked.

LIke I said eariler:
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout 3
Fable 2

And just in case ur a fan of Naruto or anime-based fighting games
Naruto: The Broken Bond

Also don't deny the old orginal Xbox games:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (the first one has a much more impressive storyline but the second one has better customization)

Maybe back in 2008... the momentum has certainly changed.

Demon's Souls and Valkyrie Chronicles, two of the best RPGs this generation, are PS3 exclusive.

+1

Demon's Souls is an amazing game.

For 360, definitely start with Oblivion.

For 360, definitely start with Oblivion.

I never understood the fascination with Oblivion. It is the slowest paced game I've ever played. I mean hell I ran around for two hours and found nothing but forest creatures. Took the game back that night. Screenshots look nice, but I don't play games for eye candy..

Was that a rental? If not, what store allows you to take games back?

Oblivion is a RPG that allows the person to be fully envolped in the game. I mean if u could just teleport to anywhere in the game, you lose alot of the cool realness of the game. Having to work for your goals gives alot of people more statisfaction with the game. and I know I have a point because everyone I know says that the game is awesome and I know the game is awesome because I got EVERY achievement in the game for the 360 (1260 gamerpoints)

Oblivion is a RPG that allows the person to be fully envolped in the game. I mean if u could just teleport to anywhere in the game, you lose alot of the cool realness of the game. Having to work for your goals gives alot of people more statisfaction with the game. and I know I have a point because everyone I know says that the game is awesome and I know the game is awesome because I got EVERY achievement in the game for the 360 (1260 gamerpoints)

Oblivion-style sandbox games are a snoozefest for me. I get sooo bored with them.

I'm on disc 4 of Lost Odyssey before I got sidetracked by Dragon Age on my PC. I really enjoyed it so far. It's a JRPG for sure, but it's not the typical teen-boy-village-destroyed-saves-world type stuff. The storyline with the immortals and their kids and stuff is really good.

Was that a rental? If not, what store allows you to take games back?

Gamecrazy, or gamestop forget which one. You have a 7 day period in which you can return a used game or something like that.

I like sandbox games. Morrowind was pretty fun from what I remember same with fallout 3. but "enveloping" you in a game should not mean wandering around looking at pretty scenaries. If I wanted that I would take a drive to Estes Park.

...but "enveloping" you in a game should not mean wandering around looking at pretty scenaries...
Hahaha. Yes, that's why I'm considering skipping Obliv and going right for Fallout 3. We'll see.

...but "enveloping" you in a game should not mean wandering around looking at pretty scenaries. If I wanted that I would take a drive to Estes Park.

Who said it was about sceneries. I think "good" games should be about working for the end goal and not having everything just be instantly given to you on a silver platter for doing absolutely nothing. If you actually opened your eyes, you might see a dungeon that you have never seen before, or one of the Deadric shrines and start a new quest to get a totally awesome item. That is what the developers were trying to get at, a game experience that allowed the gamer to be suprised by the "big world" where anything can pretty much just jump out and try to kill you.

Hahaha. Yes, that's why I'm considering skipping Obliv and going right for Fallout 3. We'll see.

Fallout 3 is an amazing game. It has alot of cool features and fantastic quests and storylines, but Oblivion has pretty much has all of that as well, just in a different time/place format with a WOW(World of Warcraft) kind of effect. Same kind idea of having a billion different side quests to pick and choose from and all kinds of different characters and factions to start associating your character in. Along with complete and total customization gets these two games alot of attention and love from gamers.

Last edited:
Back