Just finished first build... super noobish concerns ensue...

BIOS9

n00b
Okay I've done everything except my processor... because it hasn't arrived yet...

1. The technical specifications for my motherboard on MSI state: Supports 4 unbuffered DIMM of 1.8 Volt DDR2 SDRAM

While the ram I bought is rated at 1.9 volts. Is my RAM surely not to work?

2. My graphics card, a X1900XT, has a place to plug in a 6 pronged power line into. I'm not sure if it is necessary, as it does not even mention it in the user's manual.
Is it necessary, or is it possibly only needed for crossfire setups?

Thanks for putting up with me guys... :)

Don't know about the ram question, but as far as the X1900xt goes, you NEED to have the PCI-E 6-pin power connector in. You might need a different PSU.

That memory is only rated to run that speed at that voltage, it can run on other voltages, they just guarantee the advertised speed if you pump your motherboards voltage settings to 1.9, which is a common option in your BIOS, you should have no problem getting your ram to work.

Like the above poster said however, you will NEED to have a PSU with the available 6-prong connector and if your PSU doesn't already, then you need a different one, typically PSU's included in cases (with the exception of a small few) are generally complete crap and horribly non-standardized and have really bad rails.

It would be in your best interest to buy a higher rated power supply, and as I have not a clue to the rest of your build, I still find it hard to reccomend anything that isn't name brand and that isn't 500w or higher. Try Antec/Vantec/Enermax/Corsair/PC Power and Cooling to name a few, those are some good ones, and you'd be angry with yourself if the source of your future woes all came from skimping on of all things, your power supply.

Back