Just discovered "Vibrance" in X Server settings

Deadjasper

2[H]4U
What a difference it makes. Turned my old washed out display into a new display with eye popping colors. Never went beyond basic setup of my 2 monitors in X Server before but decided to look a little deeper. Glad I did. :)

What a difference it makes. Turned my old washed out display into a new display with eye popping colors. Never went beyond basic setup of my 2 monitors in X Server before but decided to look a little deeper. Glad I did. :)
I always crank up digital vibrance, popping colors are awesome!

Is that in line with Xorg display driver? Does it work with Wayland and if not, where is this setting located? Thanks.

Is that in line with Xorg display driver? Does it work with Wayland and if not, where is this setting located? Thanks.

Administration -> NVIDIA X Server Settings -> "Your Display" -> Controls

Sorry, Don't know what Wayland is.

Nvidia X Server control panel deactivates if you run Wayland. So, sadly, no digital vibrance goodness.

Is this just an Nvidia thing, or an X thing? Which version of Nvidia drivers are you using, and what card do you have?

Has been a feature since NForce 2, I think. afaik, there's no equiv in the free drivers.

Oh, looks like there's a library for x11. Haven't found anything for wayland yet. Found this searching for "color saturation wayland."

Back