Just deleted my World of Warcraft 55 Hunter

bonkrowave

2[H]4U
The patch notes were released, and among them is yet another Hunter nerf. This bug was known since the test realms first wentp, and they refuse to fix it.

From test realm said:
Ranged weapon speed is being added to the cooldown of Multi-Shot, Arcane Shot and Aimed Shot.Scheduled for 1.6.0

To clarify:

Arcane & Aimed Shot: 6 sec cooldown.
Multishot: 10 sec cooldown.

With this bug that is introduced in patch 1.5, the new cooldowns will be:

Arcane & Aimed Shot: (6 sec + currently equiped weapon speed) cooldown.
Multishot: (10 sec + currently equiped weapon speed) cooldown.

I have my warrior on Stormscale with the guild, playing a hunter now is completly useless. I dont regret deleting my hunter at all.

I may even have a video of me deleting my character. I will check when I get home ... I was fooling around with fraps last night .... and Im not sure if it was recording at the time or not ... I will check

bonkrowave said:
The patch notes were released, and among them is yet another Hunter nerf. This bug was known since the test realms first wentp, and they refuse to fix it.

To clarify:

Arcane & Aimed Shot: 6 sec cooldown.
Multishot: 10 sec cooldown.

With this bug that is introduced in patch 1.5, the new cooldowns will be:

Arcane & Aimed Shot: (6 sec + currently equiped weapon speed) cooldown.
Multishot: (10 sec + currently equiped weapon speed) cooldown.

That sucks dood. :( But at least you'll be playing with us more now. :D

Ya I know ... I took a week or so off from teh guild to do some high level stuff with my hunter. Oh well more time trying to get my Warrior up to Selestes level (Ya right ... like that is going to happen) :p . And more time to farm for a mount.

But, you know, just not playing and waiting for them to fix the bug is completely out of the question? The hunter rep said he was trying his absolute best to get the fix into 1.6. Great thread, btw. As if there already weren't enough people bitching at the WoW forums, we don't need this sort of stuff here.

D1sc1pl3 0f Mal1c3 said:
But, you know, just not playing and waiting for them to fix the bug is completely out of the question? The hunter rep said he was trying his absolute best to get the fix into 1.6. Great thread, btw. As if there already weren't enough people bitching at the WoW forums, we don't need this sort of stuff here.

The WoW forums are useless, thanks for your thread craping... next time if a thread does not interest you ... do not post in it.

For your information 1.6 is not the upcomming patch ... 1.6 will be the patch after the next one to be implemeneted. This bug was known day 1 on the test realm and they did nothing to fix it. In addition Caydiem is not a he ... she is a female.

The fact that Blizzard choses to release a patch that will introduce a bug just shows they have no clue what they are doing.

In closing ... "eat my ass with a spoon"

Wow...it's amazing how Blizzard continues to screw Hunters over. I've tried to understand their logic but it's just baffling. My theory is that there are too many Hunter's out there so they want to make people try other classes. I read a post from a Blizzard rep that says they're "trying" to get get a fix in for the 1.6 patch...but who knows how many months/years away that patch is. Adding an extra 3.2 seconds to basically my only ranged abilities is a pretty serious bug. I'm sure if it was the otherway around and the cooldowns were reduced by weapon time it would be fixed immediately.

I've been playing a druid alt lately anyway and I only jump on my 60 hunter for instances.

Albeit this upcomming bug, they are introducing wil have a large impact on Hunters, but thats not even the real problem. The real problem is the constant nerfs hunters are made to deal with.

The first DPS decrease was introduced by blizzard to combat a higher then intended DPS because of problems with ammo pouches. When they found the problem and fixed it, they did not give back the DPS they reduced.

The took away pet resistances, and still have not managed to fix the pet speed bug. Even tho during childrens week, the children had no problem keeping up with me, while the pet lagged behind. They also decreased the melee damage of pets during this time.

Now another DPS nerf which will decrease DPS by 15% at the least and 30%+ in running situations ... which is what PvP is for a hunter.

Its not so much one specific bug, but all of them added together.

... and yet through all of this i still plan on playing my hunter because it is my favorite class. That might be because i play the game to have fun, not to be the BMF around.

They aren't "screwing over hunters". There is a bug that was introduced, and they just can't, for whatever reason, fix it with this patch. The next one will contain a fix. Perhaps they haven't been able to track down what exactly is causing the bug, or they can't figure out how to fix it without breaking something else.

This isn't a nerf, its bug. I also doubt that your class is completely worthless now.

Warlocks have a bug with their Curse of Agony DOT, it stops doing damage if the player gets out of range, or if the warlock dies. It's been known since 1.4 went live, and won't be fixed in the next patch. We're hoping for 1.6 as well...Makes the DOT near useless because if I dot you, and you run outta range, you stop taking damage. Thats a LOT worse than the hunter bug...

But play a warrior if it makes you happy, noones forcing you to be a hunter...

Also, could you please clarify, what kind of "Extra" cooldown time are we talking here? Is it an extra 1/2 second, or an extra 5-10 seconds?

Direwolf20 said:
They aren't "screwing over hunters". There is a bug that was introduced, and they just can't, for whatever reason, fix it with this patch. The next one will contain a fix. Perhaps they haven't been able to track down what exactly is causing the bug, or they can't figure out how to fix it without breaking something else.

This isn't a nerf, its bug. I also doubt that your class is completely worthless now.

Warlocks have a bug with their Curse of Agony DOT, it stops doing damage if the player gets out of range, or if the warlock dies. It's been known since 1.4 went live, and won't be fixed in the next patch. We're hoping for 1.6 as well...Makes the DOT near useless because if I dot you, and you run outta range, you stop taking damage. Thats a LOT worse than the hunter bug...

But play a warrior if it makes you happy, noones forcing you to be a hunter...

Also, could you please clarify, what kind of "Extra" cooldown time are we talking here? Is it an extra 1/2 second, or an extra 5-10 seconds?

I actually am playing a warrior on stormscale with the guild.

A bug introduced on purpose is a nerf ... it is not a bug. What I find funny is that when there is an exploit they hotfix it within a couple of hours ... but a class breaking bug ... you have to wait months. The CM, Caydiem, said "she will do her best o have it fixed by 1.6 for she is making no promises. I remeber the exact same wording with the pet run speed bug, which was know in beta and remains unfixed, to this day.

The added cooldown is the cooldown of your weapon. So for a hunter it will be anywhere from 2.5 - 3 seconds, depending on what weapon you have equiped.

Keep in mind there is already a 6 second cooldown and a 10 second cooldown already on these skills. So in effect they have upped the cooldown to out PvP abilities to 9 seconds and 13 seconds.

Any other class would be pissed off and screaming bloody murder if the cooldown on there skills were increased by 3 seconds.

Bugs are not implemented on purpose.

They may not be able to find what caused it or how to fix it. They didn't do it on purpose, if they did, then they would fix it before it went live, and they wouldn't be promising a fix in the next patch.

Sometimes bugs get put in, its unfortunately, but it happens with every MMO in the world because of how complicated they are. Its not gonna totally gimp you, and every class has a bug with this or that at some times.

It sucks, yes, but no need to come here screaming about how Blizzard is trying to screw you and your class, and making it sound like they purposefully nerfed you. They didn't. Its a bug.

Direwolf20 said:
Bugs are not implemented on purpose.

They may not be able to find what caused it or how to fix it. They didn't do it on purpose, if they did, then they would fix it before it went live, and they wouldn't be promising a fix in the next patch.

Sometimes bugs get put in, its unfortunately, but it happens with every MMO in the world because of how complicated they are. Its not gonna totally gimp you, and every class has a bug with this or that at some times.

It sucks, yes, but no need to come here screaming about how Blizzard is trying to screw you and your class, and making it sound like they purposefully nerfed you. They didn't. Its a bug.

No they did purposely screw the hunter class, and have done so every patch. It no longer effects me tho ... as my hunter was deleted. There is no excuse to still be beta testing this long after retail.

The test realm was put up for a reason. To locate bugs with upcomming patches, and fix them before the patch goes live. CMs are on the World of Warcraft forums for a reason, to relay bugs or problems customers have, to the devs.

Neither of these measures did anything to stop the bug from going live, in the upcomming patch, even tho it was reported day 1 of the patch testing.

So either one of two things happened here, they just dont care, are incompetnet and released a patch with a bug anyway, or they did so on purpose.

Meh, I'll stick with Dark Age of Camelot, thank you. I don't need an all-quest, no PVP/RVR/Advanced combat systems game that has no endgame content and is a total grind for all of what it does offer. Top it off with consistent nerfs and horrible customer service with a COMPLETELY unresponsive company, and well, no thanks!

Keep in mind that these are the Hunter's ONLY ranged attacks besides the regular autoshot and the scorpion sting DoT (which is pretty weak).

maybe this is designed to stop the rows upon rows of NE Hunters who sit ontop of the road overlooking Tarren Mills who all aim at one Hordie at a time and blast em.

I still don't understand why you would delete your guy just because you're mad.

Man, what a waste of effort. :(

I hope you at least gave your money and stuff to your other guy. :p

Astral Abyss said:
I still don't understand why you would delete your guy just because you're mad.

Man, what a waste of effort. :(

I hope you at least gave your money and stuff to your other guy. :p

Well of course ... I have a low level paly on the same server as the hunter. Anything that wasn't soul bound was mailed to him.

And yes it was a waste of effort to level the hunter to 55. But it was just to frustrating to play a class that everyone hates to begin with, and now has become worse then warlocks.

:p Sorry warlocks ... I had to

I ended up just recently cancelling my account. I've been cancelling/re-activating over and over for the past few since the hinour system came in.

The hunter nerfs are annoying for sure, but my problem is more of the issues with the honour system + tryign to level. If you arent doing instance runs over and over the questing/grinding from 50-60 is unbearable. The only place I could find where I wasnt getting ganked was in the hinterlands and I could basically only grind there. Eastern/Western plaguelands are a joke. Most of the horde questing is on the far side of the map from teh graveyard and I was being ganked/cc'd every 5-10mins but groups of 5 60s. When I hit 55 with my hunter I was a bit behind my guild so they had already done BRD countless times and I'd have to be lucky if I wanted to get in on any LBRS/UBRS/Strath runs (only if they needed someone badly)

I'm not deleting my char in the hopes that the game gets fixed up at some point and I feel like playing (maybe when battlegrounds is in and somewhat mature), but for now I've re-activated City of heroes for a month of fun and also picked up guild wars.

COH is nice because it plays like a beat-em-up arcade game. Its mostly grind based and fairly simple but when you get high enough to get travel powers (lev 14) it can be a lot of fun.

I've only put a few hours into guild wars so far, but it's kinda nice to play. It sort of reminds me of a fully 3d diablo mixed with a fantasy based city of heroes. The option to be able to create a maxed lev pvp-only character is kinda nice too.

Hrm.. ramblin.. time to wrap this up.

On the whole.. WoW is fun when you're online in a group of 4 other pepes that you know. But for soloing (even w/ supposedly the best solo pve class)... it's lacking. This is coming form someone who only played on a pvp server though... pve servers could be a whole new game.

Genocidal said:
Yes, Blizzard purposely introduces bugs to the hunter class :rolleyes:

When there is a known bug, that was identified on the test realm day one, and was made aware to the CM in charge of hunters, and it still doesn't get fixed ....

what else is it ?

A bug that goes live, even though there are measures to prevent this from happening .... is not a bug. It is a nerf, nerfs are done on purpose.

Now that I broke my original post down into "see dick run", "run dick run" terms, do you understand, or should I get into phonetics ?

If they were easy fixes Blizzard would have fixed it by now, but no, they aren't easy fixes. MMO games are extremely complicated...if you think you can do a better job then Blizzard then go right ahead. I know plenty of high level hunters and they play their classes awesomely in pvp and pve, regardless of problems that class may have.

Genocidal said:
If they were easy fixes Blizzard would have fixed it by now, but no, they aren't easy fixes. MMO games are extremely complicated...if you think you can do a better job then Blizzard then go right ahead. I know plenty of high level hunters and they play their classes awesomely in pvp and pve, regardless of problems that class may have.

Gawd this excuse is old and tired. A space shuttle is extremely complex, it has over 1 million parts. When the last space shuttle exploded ... do you think it would have been acceptable for NASA to say "if you think you can do a better job, go right ahead".

See what they do is ground all flights and fix what is broken before launching the shuttle again. You can equate this to not releasing a patch live, until it does not contain an obvious bugs.

Mmmmmkay.

Well hey...if you want to compare a video game to a national tragedy go right ahead... :rolleyes:
Problems take time to fix...it's not like some guy walks in, addes a few lines of code..and voila! It's fixed!. If you can't handle that then go play something else.

Genocidal said:
Well hey...if you want to compare a video game to a national tradegy go right ahead... :rolleyes:
Problems take time to fix...it's not like some guy walks in, addes a few lines of code..and voila! It's fixed!. If you can't handle that then go play something else.

I think you in the wrong thread ... "the nose up the ass" and "play with blizzards pink parts", threads are in the WoW forums.

bonkrowave said:
I think you in the wrong thread ... "the nose up the ass" and "play with blizzards pink parts", threads are in the WoW forums.

Nice try at a personal attack.. Grow up. :)

I'm sorry bonkrowave, but with all the bitching you do about WoW, maybe it's time to just let go..

Might help cut down your blood pressure.
lol ;)

S1nF1xx said:
I'm sorry bonkrowave, but with all the bitching you do about WoW, maybe it's time to just let go..

Might help cut down your blood pressure.
lol ;)

No thanks. And my blood pressure does not raise in the slightest. But thanks for the suggestion Dr. Phil.

after all that time wasted and your gonna cry and cancel because of some bug -- THAT IF YOU READ THE STICKY'S you would have caught THIS;

This is false -- the cool down for Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, and Multi-Shot is not increasing in patch 1.5 –- it will remain the same. The bug that adds weapon speed to the cool down of these abilities has been in the game since launch. The reason this bug remained hidden for so long is that the tool tip and client side cool down timer were not showing the increased cool down. An unrelated addition to 1.5 corrected the visible cool down timer on the client, and that's how this bug was discovered.

Please note: the current Hunter DPS will not decrease because of this bug! This bug has been active since day one, so Hunter DPS will remain the same. When this bug is fixed in an upcoming patch, Hunter DPS will actually increase.

Patience friend, patience.

DannyGT said:
after all that time wasted and your gonna cry and cancel because of some bug -- THAT IF YOU READ THE STICKY'S you would have caught THIS;

This is false -- the cool down for Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, and Multi-Shot is not increasing in patch 1.5 –- it will remain the same. The bug that adds weapon speed to the cool down of these abilities has been in the game since launch. The reason this bug remained hidden for so long is that the tool tip and client side cool down timer were not showing the increased cool down. An unrelated addition to 1.5 corrected the visible cool down timer on the client, and that's how this bug was discovered.

Please note: the current Hunter DPS will not decrease because of this bug! This bug has been active since day one, so Hunter DPS will remain the same. When this bug is fixed in an upcoming patch, Hunter DPS will actually increase.

Patience friend, patience.

THE SKY IS FALLING

Now when I said that, did you believe me ? Or did you possibly go outside and check ?

Because I went to the test realm and the live realm and checked, and guess what ... there is a difference. Now there is however, a different entirely seperate bug, in which arcane shot, and arcane shot only have an extra second for some reason. This is a different bug tho.

This is what you call spin.

This was acknowledged as a bug a few weeks ago. Now they say that it has been in since retail ? Kinda like the same way we didn't get a DPS nerf, and yet someone figured out Blizzard just added bullet DPS to overall DPS to make it look like we didn't.

Honestly if you believe that last post the CM made, I can train you in the jedi arts for 1000$, just PM me and Ill send you the address, you just have to send me the money first, and wait. Patience friend, Patience.

bonkrowave said:
No thanks. And my blood pressure does not raise in the slightest. But thanks for the suggestion Dr. Phil.

Dr. Phil, lol. :D

Just my 2¢. No offence meant. ;)

S1nF1xx said:
Dr. Phil, lol. :D

Just my 2¢. No offence meant. ;)

None taken, hopefully I didn't offend you. Although I often offend many people. I am after all captain angry. :mad:
Its all in good sport right ? Its kinda like sports ... like soccer. You get very aggresive and angry on field, but when the games over ... its all shits and giggles.

Just incase some people believe that what the CMs of Blizzard are saying, Well here are some videos, which prove that what they posted is a lie.

(2.5s Gorewood bow) Live Server: http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2U7MZ43ZVKGOF2CURASHKK900N

Delay time was about 6.8 seconds. Video lasts longer to show the second shot going off.

(2.8s Verdant Keeper's bow) Test Server: http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2NR2B3WKMW7BC37Q4LXSMGCWLQ

Delay time was about 9 seconds. Video also lasts a bit longer to show the second shot going off.

GG Blizzard

bonkrowave said:
THE SKY IS FALLING

Now when I said that, did you believe me ? Or did you possibly go outside and check ?

Because I went to the test realm and the live realm and checked, and guess what ... there is a difference. Now there is however, a different entirely seperate bug, in which arcane shot, and arcane shot only have an extra second for some reason. This is a different bug tho.

This is what you call spin.

This was acknowledged as a bug a few weeks ago. Now they say that it has been in since retail ? Kinda like the same way we didn't get a DPS nerf, and yet someone figured out Blizzard just added bullet DPS to overall DPS to make it look like we didn't.

Honestly if you believe that last post the CM made, I can train you in the jedi arts for 1000$, just PM me and Ill send you the address, you just have to send me the money first, and wait. Patience friend, Patience.

You got paypal ? ;) :D

In all seriousness I am a Mage and been one since CB....I think in total we probably had the most nerfs ever.... The rediculous resist rate increase is the worst EVER.
Warriors have been pretty much all fixed...they are crazy in PvP now. Warlocks are getting a bit of love now...
Yes I do feel hunters need love with that last patch that decreased their total dps by -- what -- 10-13%....Never the less, you guys are still assests in group pvp....very dangerous. I agree tho...they should just get it over with increase your DPS maybe 5% and fix those bugs..

HAHA, did you not read the general WoW forum, They said there, not puting a cool down. It was a mistake, I would ask to get it back if I were you.

Sky15 said:
HAHA, did you not read the general WoW forum, They said there, not puting a cool down. It was a mistake, I would ask to get it back if I were you.

Yes they said, but it was a lie, as the two movies clearly indicate.

Need more proof:

http://ubiquitous.typepad.com/notsopwned.wmv

Just to clarify, they did fix the 1 second extra cooldown that had been on arcane shot for gawd knows how long, but, seemingly, because of this fix, the weapon speed has been added to the cooldown of all.

These are two seperate issues, and the fact that Blizzard is willing to lie, to try and pull the wool over our eyes, just reinforces my decision to delete my hunter.

Back