Just Cause 3 On Xbox One Has Memory Leak Issues?

If true, where is QA?!

That should be an easy issue for internal QA to find and identify, can't imagine it wasn't flagged. Completely unacceptable for a console release. Looks like console manufactures might need to tighten the QA process if big issues like this are getting through to release.

If true, where is QA?!

That should be an easy issue for internal QA to find and identify, can't imagine it wasn't flagged. Completely unacceptable for a console release. Looks like console manufactures might need to tighten the QA process if big issues like this are getting through to release.

Sometimes management just doesn't care and ships anyway.

If true, where is QA?!

And if it was spotted during QA and management said to ship it anyway and patch it later? Yeah, that happens with software.

I was out for Black Friday and I saw dozens of people with PS4's but I didn't see a single Xbox One in anyone's basket.

They really dropped the ball.

What's funny, is they will do the same exact thing with the new future Xbox product.

Instead of making a pure gaming system, greed will cloud their eyes again and they will make this console that tries to have some sort of footing in the home, movies, apps, rentals, family, dance, etc etc and blah blah blah.

Please do expect Sony to bring their A-game and for Microsoft to bring their G-Game ( G for greed )

I love how the industry has deemed it acceptable to have a certain amount of bugs in a released product, as their mindset is "Who cares if it's broken if we can just release patches to fix it later?"

Fairly certain the consumer does, since that product can sometimes be unplayable. But hey, what I do I know, I don't work in a multi-billion dollar industry.

I was out for Black Friday and I saw dozens of people with PS4's but I didn't see a single Xbox One in anyone's basket.

What's funny, is they will do the same exact thing with the new future Xbox product.

Instead of making a pure gaming system, greed will cloud their eyes again and they will make this console that tries to have some sort of footing in the home, movies, apps, rentals, family, dance, etc etc and blah blah blah.

Please do expect Sony to bring their A-game and for Microsoft to bring their G-Game ( G for greed )

This is a bit off topic and more focused on seeding a sony/ms flame war. Are we still fighting about this 2 years later? Both my xboxs run great. Have I wanted a ps4 a few times? Yes but after most of my family and friends all got xbox, I go where my friends are so I have people to play with.

Wrong thread? This post was about Just Cause 3, not the PS4 vs. Xbox One sales.

I'm disappointed, but relieved. I really want to buy this game, but I'm glad I didn't pre-order. I'll wait until it's fixed, and the price will probably be lower by then, too. I really wish they'd focus on putting out a complete game. I'd leave the release date open until I was done with the game, rather than give it a deadline date 6 months ahead of time. If it's not done, it still ships. I don't like that. Finish the game, then tell the date and then ship it.

I honestly don't understand why. I have both a PS4 and Xbox One myself and my PS4 hardly ever gets any use. It's actually a really great system and with the price drops should be a no-brainer. All my friends are there, the new UI is great, Smart Glass is great for viewing my friends' screenshots, clips, see what they're doing and the games/graphics are great. Also the backwards compatibility has been wonderful. Started playing Rainbow Six Vegas with friends after the recent Rainbow Six Siege disappointment.

Despite what happened at E3 two years ago, the Xbox One has gotten a helluva lot better and it a really great system. Love the PS4 too but the Xbox gets WAY more use.

Sometimes management just doesn't care and ships anyway.

Oh QA the stories... Yeah management really... really usually doesn't care...

But for Microsoft to let that go through, that's what is really bad. Also affects their already bruised image with the Xbox...

Your analytical skills must be in high demand to be able to derive a complete product life cycle from a random amount of time at a random store in a random state on black friday.

Please tell me your secrets so I can pick the next hot stock.

Unable to edit my other post to pose the question:

How big will the Day 1 patch be in GB? Shall we take a poll?

How big will the Day 1 patch be in GB? Shall we take a poll?

20GB.

I do have a related question - Do future game presses integrate the day 1 patch (and others up to that point)? Second run, etc.? I know they manufacture so many for day 1 release. After that, do they do more discs, but include the updated image so the day 1 patches aren't required to be downloaded?

If true, where is QA?!

Why is this surprising? The XB1 is basically a Windows 10 PC that's locked down to prevent third party programs from installing. Consoles are PCs now, games are coded like PC releases, and we should be expecting more of this as time goes on.

It has a mechanical hard drive, an anemic CPU and GPU, and uses DDR3 for VRAM. What were they expecting? That's totally underpowered in this day an age.

These consoles should have shipped with SSDs and at least Haswell i5 level CPUs and GTX 780 level GPUs.

Why is this surprising? The XB1 is basically a Windows 10 PC that's locked down to prevent third party programs from installing. Consoles are PCs now, games are coded like PC releases, and we should be expecting more of this as time goes on.

They're really shitty PCs with none of the advantages of an actual PC and none of the advantages that consoles used to have.

it runs like shit on both consoles. PC is the way to go with this title. Personally i'll bargin bin this to reward the devs lazyness.

wtf-is-this-shit.jpg

It has a mechanical hard drive, an anemic CPU and GPU, and uses DDR3 for VRAM. What were they expecting? That's totally underpowered in this day an age.

These consoles should have shipped with SSDs and at least Haswell i5 level CPUs and GTX 780 level GPUs.

I'm won't argue they're extremely underpowered, but In 2013 when these consoles shipped a 500gb SSD was $300, a GTX 780 was $500, and a Haswell i5 would run you around $200. You now have a console that would retail for probably close to $1400. No one parent would buy it for their kids. Let's face it teens are the primary market and parents are the ones ponying up the money.

Still has nothing to do with software having a memory leak. Would still slow down. would still crash.
It doens matter if you drive a Ferrari or a fiat punto. on flat tires and broken gear shift you aint gonna haul that freight train.

This is why you don't get to design hardware.

How would you propose to do all of this, keep the thing within thermal spec and keep it at the same price range. The GTX 780's TDP alone is greater than the entire PS4 let alone the XBone.

How would you propose to do all of this, keep the thing within thermal spec and keep it at the same price range. The GTX 780's TDP alone is greater than the entire PS4 let alone the XBone.

QFT

And SSD sounds nice but damn, I am almost max with 1.5TB used on my xbone. Damn sales! I could probably see the possibility of a hybrid for the os to sit on the ssd (if possible). But yea I think people are forgetting these launched in 2013, and development takes a while, they dont just slap it together a month before launch.

Subsidize the high cost with software sales just like they've always done in the past.

The X360 had a Radeon X1800 level GPU and the PS3 had a Geforce 7800 level GPU, which were midrange to high-end for 2005-2006. GTX 780/R9 290 would have been the 2013 equivalent. TDP isn't as big of an issue as you're making it out to be. People have mini-ITX builds that aren't much bigger than these consoles that have real CPUs and real GPUs and they're fine. Just have adequate cooling. Not a big deal.

I'm won't argue they're extremely underpowered, but In 2013 when these consoles shipped a 500gb SSD was $300, a GTX 780 was $500, and a Haswell i5 would run you around $200. You now have a console that would retail for probably close to $1400. No one parent would buy it for their kids. Let's face it teens are the primary market and parents are the ones ponying up the money.

IIRC the unsubsidized cost of the PS3 was around $1400 at launch time.

Also, over the long life of a console, what was once high end and expensive eventually gets cheap and common.

Subsidize the high cost with software sales just like they've always done in the past.

The X360 had a Radeon X1800 level GPU and the PS3 had a Geforce 7800 level GPU, which were midrange to high-end for 2005-2006. GTX 780/R9 290 would have been the 2013 equivalent. TDP isn't as big of an issue as you're making it out to be. People have mini-ITX builds that aren't much bigger than these consoles that have real CPUs and real GPUs and they're fine. Just have adequate cooling. Not a big deal.

TDP was a huge issue. Both the PS3 and the XBox 360 initially suffered from very high failure rates (10-20%) due to overheating (RROD anyone) and it took several die shrinks to get the TDP down to manageable levels.

The entire reason for going with an AMD APU this time around was because it has the best performance per watt while still having enough power to run modern games.

Mini-ITX cases are too big for consoles and it would never be acceptable to have any cooling system that sounds like a jet engine.

Damn son, people still do that? That fanboy shit. WTF does this have to do with Just cause 3???

TDP was a huge issue. Both the PS3 and the XBox 360 initially suffered from very high failure rates (10-20%) due to overheating (RROD anyone) and it took several die shrinks to get the TDP down to manageable levels.

The entire reason for going with an AMD APU this time around was because it has the best performance per watt while still having enough power to run modern games.

Mini-ITX cases are too big for consoles and it would never be acceptable to have any cooling system that sounds like a jet engine.

The PS3 hardly suffered from overheat on the scale of the Xbox 360.

The Xbox 360's overheating issue was the result of a flawed cooling system. The fans were setup in a way that air was not being funneled properly and the chip was held on with cheap thermal epoxy and a clamping mechanism that offered an unreliable contact. All this was easily remedied by a few upgrades to your console. I still own a working day 1 console and all I did was replace the clamps with screws and an aftermarket fan kit.

Oh and last months my PS4 died due to overheating. Heat is not an issue, it's bad design that causes problems.

The PS3 hardly suffered from overheat on the scale of the Xbox 360.

The Xbox 360's overheating issue was the result of a flawed cooling system. The fans were setup in a way that air was not being funneled properly and the chip was held on with cheap thermal epoxy and a clamping mechanism that offered an unreliable contact. All this was easily remedied by a few upgrades to your console. I still own a working day 1 console and all I did was replace the clamps with screws and an aftermarket fan kit.

Oh and last months my PS4 died due to overheating. Heat is not an issue, it's bad design that causes problems.

Very true. Heat isn't an issue, it's embedded in any electronics. The problem is not getting it out of the electronics and into the air fast enough it doesn't bring the magic smoke with it lol.

I have had 2 rrod xbox360s, one was after 4years, the other was out of the box. 3rd one is 5 years old and still going strong.

I would like easily serviceable fan filters and heatsinks so I can clean that crap out. I have a pellet stove in the same room as my xbone, wonder what that looks like inside (shudders at the thought).

What an ignorant and useless comment as it pertains to this thread.

After the fiasco of console hardware failure that was last gen it only made sense to have both CPU and GPU on the same die. Good luck getting an i5 and 670/7950(they were high mid range 2013) on the same die to help with thermals & acoustics.

Oh you want 2 dies? Whelp gotta make the console bigger to accomidate more fans & cooling. That'll be more $ then... Sony didn't want to launch a $700 console again, and MS had to keep things cooler, thus using a bigger console and slower hardware to avoid a RR type disaster again.

Back OT. I could see the new Hybrid SSD XB1 Elite helping quite a bit with these load times & memory swapping that open world games will use more and more. While a step in the right direction, I'm hoping both Sony and MS release at least a 500Gb SSD model as soon as it's feasable for those that aren't saavy enough to throw in an SSD in their PS4 on their own.

So Just Cause 3 is Just Cause 2.5 Remastered.

Anxiously awaiting the JC 2.0 running on XO's Backwards Compatibility emulator versus JC3 running native comparisons....

What an ignorant and useless comment as it pertains to this thread.

After the fiasco of console hardware failure that was last gen it only made sense to have both CPU and GPU on the same die. Good luck getting an i5 and 670/7950(they were high mid range 2013) on the same die to help with thermals & acoustics.

Oh you want 2 dies? Whelp gotta make the console bigger to accomidate more fans & cooling. That'll be more $ then... Sony didn't want to launch a $700 console again, and MS had to keep things cooler, thus using a bigger console and slower hardware to avoid a RR type disaster again.

Back OT. I could see the new Hybrid SSD XB1 Elite helping quite a bit with these load times & memory swapping that open world games will use more and more. While a step in the right direction, I'm hoping both Sony and MS release at least a 500Gb SSD model as soon as it's feasable for those that aren't saavy enough to throw in an SSD in their PS4 on their own.

most games with load time issues can be speed up with a fast external drive on xbox one.i use a external raid 0 setup with WD black 7200rpm drives and don't have load time issues on any games. on PS4 you're limited to internal drives although i use the NYKO add on that allows desktop drives on PS4 using a 7200RPM black on that too. but you still can't use drives bigger than 2tb because sony OS doesn't sleep right with drives over 2tb. i have not tried this game yet but other games that people complain about load fast for me on this setup. Just Cause seems broken though with memory leaks hope they patch that until they do i won't be purchasing.

Apparently, Just Cause 3 sucks on the PC too. People with GTX980s getting 10FPS.

the 8800gtx came out BARELY before the xbox 360 released. PC's and consoles were basically on the same playing field for the first couple of years or so.

From watching the online sales, xbone seemed to be selling well. MS's store got me to buy one with a $60 credit and a free game.

Back