Just Cause 2...It's already over?

B2BigAl

2[H]4U
First off, this game is fun as hell, but it has to be the absolute most poorly paced game in history. I beat the game with only having completed 29% of it. I did a ton of little towns and military bases, making sure I got 100% completion on all of them, and I did a bunch of the Ular Boys missions, thinking I would do all of theirs first and then move onto the other factions. But then I noticed that none of my chaos was going towards the next agency mission or faction missions, and I had already unlocked everything from the black market quite a while ago. So, I thought, well I should probably do some of the agency missions to progress the storyline.

So, I do like 5 agency missions and I realize, I'm on the last fucking mission! The game is already over, wtf! I had only done one mission for the reapers and the roaches and I had a ton of missions still left for the Ular Boys. How the hell is it that none of the faction missions play into the main storyline at all? So now I'm sitting here with a game that I didn't even get to complete a 3rd of, and I'm done with it. Sure, I could run around in merc mode and complete stuff just for the hell of it, but I'm not that OCD, I have to have something to work toward or what the hell is the point. This sucks, I was having a good time too. :mad:

This game, while true, is fun as hell, is a completeists absolute nightmare. Has anybody here actually gotten 100% on all the islands??

This game, while true, is fun as hell, is a completeists absolute nightmare. Has anybody here actually gotten 100% on all the islands??

Depends on how you look at it. If the hypothetical competionist LOVES the basic gameplay, it could be his wet dream, not his nightmare. ;)

the original was sort of this way, if you stay on the main story line it is not that long, if you just play the game so like every mission you come access you do, you still dont get anywhere close to completing everything completed but the games can be like 5x longer.

i have not played JC2 retail just the demo if it anything like first there is 20x more content in side mission then the main story. some of the side missions are like 8 steps. some of the best missions where not part of the main story. it is a sand box style game so it is designed for you to play freely. if you dont like that try making self goals like complete every mission on this street or this county area.

in JC i would beat a mission then once i knew how to do it, i would play it again and this time try to do it in the most over the top way possible.

the original was sort of this way, if you stay on the main story line it is not that long, if you just play the game so like every mission you come access you do, you still dont get anywhere close to completing everything completed but the games can be like 5x longer.

i have not played JC2 retail just the demo if it anything like first there is 20x more content in side mission then the main story. some of the side missions are like 8 steps. some of the best missions where not part of the main story. it is a sand box style game so it is designed for you to play freely. if you dont like that try making self goals like complete every mission on this street or this county area.

in JC i would beat a mission then once i knew how to do it, i would play it again and this time try to do it in the most over the top way possible.

borderlands is just the same.. im only about 40% complete in the single player but i beat the main story line at level 25 with a max level of 62.. which now i just have this feeling of why bother playing anymore.. if JC2 is the same way im not even going to bother playing it at all but the game never interested me in the first place..

i beat the game with about 40% completion too. there hasnt been anything new on PC since i got it so i ended up just messing around on mercenary mode for like a week. i have literally completed every single city/zone on the map except for 3 of the biggggggggg ass cities on the western islands, but those are "100%" and its just a rounding error so theres no green check mark. i just have 3 items left to blow up in the game and im only 94.XX% completed. the rest of the 6% are collectibles that are in between towns so it would literally be impossible for me to find the last few hundred vehicle/weapon upgrades.

that said completing most of the towns is fun as hell. but being stuck on those massive cities that take 20 min to cover with chopper with 1 item left to blow up is frustrating as fuck

http://i42.tinypic.com/67vcqu.png

I think I've got what I need still but finding this stuff is nearly impossible

2657/2700 Resource Items
15 Weapon Parts
15 Vehicle Parts
6 Armor Parts
7 Cash Stashes

1 Baby Panay Statue
4 Pipelines
11 Mobile Radars (do they count toward 100%? they are not marked on the map so they are hard to find)
It says I have 183 SAM's, I guess I got them all but 183 sounds odd

Not sure if driving every vehicle in the game counts toward 100%, If it does I also need that one

No idea where any of this stuff is so its just a drive/surf on a car down every road in the game till I find it, I wish everything showed up on the little indicator like packages do...At least then I might have a shot

I guess I just figured at some point while doing the main storyline, it would have stopped me and been like "hey, you need to go blow some more shit up before the next agency mission is available". I had no idea I had already completed enough to play completely through the rest of the game. I figured it would be like Saints Row (which is essentially the exact same game in a different setting) where you had to finish all of the gang missions before the main storyline could be finished.

Kind of a let down if it's that short. I wanted to pick it up but replay value is a big must.

LOL the game is called Just Because. You should want to complete it "just because" you can.

go play it.

You folks arn't accountants are you? I have too much fun playing this game to even look at those numbers. They just flash by, All I know is I'm 4 hours in and have only done the first "agency mission"

hmmm iono if you've done this but since you beat the main missions, you could venture into the mod aspect of the game. (thats if ur on PC).

www.justcause2mods.com

there MIGHT be stuff there to enhance/add to the reply value of whats left of the game for you hardcore pros

I have just been playing it for a day or two and its fun as heck.

Standing next to the runway for the miltary jets, grapple a government solider and attach him to the jet and watch as it rips away with him.....or grapple exploding barrels....or motorcycles to passing aircraft.

I guess I just figured at some point while doing the main storyline, it would have stopped me and been like "hey, you need to go blow some more shit up before the next agency mission is available". I had no idea I had already completed enough to play completely through the rest of the game. I figured it would be like Saints Row (which is essentially the exact same game in a different setting) where you had to finish all of the gang missions before the main storyline could be finished.

So you want the game to force you to play for 100 hours before finishing the agency missions?

I'm pretty sure the main story is paced for the mainstream crowd. Most campaigns nowadays don't even hit 10 hours. I think I was at 15-20 hours when I beat the agency missions. If you so desire, continue to play it for completion points and just general mayhem. As for the mainstream crowd, I think a lot of people are glad it doesn't force you to spend hours and hours causing chaos to finish the plot.

It's sort of like Fallout 3 in a way. It's too bad both games didn't integrate their side missions more into the main story.

Isn't the point of a side mission to be separate from the main story?

Games need to manage these better, lock out certain experiences until you have accomplished some other experiences. They can be side quests but I feel a lot is lost in a game where gamers often unwittingly play through several missions that seem logical only to find they have completed the bulk of the main story but have yet to be exposed to 90% of the game content. I feel that is the OP's criticism and a common criticism of Fallout 3 as well.

Games need to manage these better, lock out certain experiences until you have accomplished some other experiences. They can be side quests but I feel a lot is lost in a game where gamers often unwittingly play through several missions that seem logical only to find they have completed the bulk of the main story but have yet to be exposed to 90% of the game content. I feel that is the OP's criticism and a common criticism of Fallout 3 as well.

That makes a lot of sense once you explained it. I agree with the Fallout 3/ES:IV thing. Morrowind was/is one of my all time favorite games and I probably put 100+ hours into it before even starting the main quest missions.

To get 99% completed in Just Cause 2 my man you must have put many hours into it. I pop it in every now and then and having a blast. I finished the agency missions and now I am just going around "experimenting" I am not even remotely concerned about getting 100% in most of the locations I visit. I guess Im playing it ..Just Cause

First off, this game is fun as hell, but it has to be the absolute most poorly paced game in history. I beat the game with only having completed 29% of it. I did a ton of little towns and military bases, making sure I got 100% completion on all of them, and I did a bunch of the Ular Boys missions, thinking I would do all of theirs first and then move onto the other factions. But then I noticed that none of my chaos was going towards the next agency mission or faction missions, and I had already unlocked everything from the black market quite a while ago. So, I thought, well I should probably do some of the agency missions to progress the storyline.

So, I do like 5 agency missions and I realize, I'm on the last fucking mission! The game is already over, wtf! I had only done one mission for the reapers and the roaches and I had a ton of missions still left for the Ular Boys. How the hell is it that none of the faction missions play into the main storyline at all? So now I'm sitting here with a game that I didn't even get to complete a 3rd of, and I'm done with it. Sure, I could run around in merc mode and complete stuff just for the hell of it, but I'm not that OCD, I have to have something to work toward or what the hell is the point. This sucks, I was having a good time too. :mad:

Thanks for the info, I have been avoiding the agency missions for a while fearing what ended up being true as you pointed out. Its a fun game but not really much story structure to it.

I think I've done maybe two agency missions and the story is really of a distant secondary of importance to me in light of everything else this game offers that's just fun and addictive as hell.

I always took the name to mean Just Cause as in ... um like "A Noble Cause", not "just because"

Anyway... Can't wait to buy it loved the demo!

There are only 7 main-quest missions, though you can't complete them without doing 9 missions for the gangs.

I haven't even started playing yet, really, but the game seems to have a lot do in it - you have to get a thrill from driving or flying the vehicles though. If that doesn't thrill you then this game won't work for you.

Me, I've just been riding the motorbikes about (the game informs me that I've spent 5 hours doing this?) - and now that I've got my GTX 480 I'm pretty much fascinated by this title.

But, yes, there are only 7 main quest missions.

I always took the name to mean Just Cause as in ... um like "A Noble Cause", not "just because"

Agreed, I don't know what it's supposed to be. Maybe it should have been named "Just Cuz"

That makes a lot of sense once you explained it. I agree with the Fallout 3/ES:IV thing. Morrowind was/is one of my all time favorite games and I probably put 100+ hours into it before even starting the main quest missions.

I must be 4 years into Oblivion and I still haven't done the first main story mission for Oblivion.

It actually does mean a noble cause though in this game's context. At least, that's what I concluded from the ending.

Back