Just built a core i7 system, and killed it in the same session, Help!!

Sikpupi

Limp Gawd
I got the Gigabyte EX58-UD5 as a mainboard, anyway due to circumstances beyond my control the power got shut off whilst I was flashing the bios.

No problem, the board has dual bios so I can just carry on can't I? Only problem is that I read a lot about how wonderful dual bios is but can't figure out how to actually initalize the recovery.

My machine just sits there (error C1) blowing air out and making no effort to recover itself, help anyone?

Thanks that's appreciated but i'm still stuck. The recovery just wont start.

I left it running for about 10 minutes, i'll leave it a little while longer. Doesn't look good though. :mad:

The dual bios is bull. I had a p35 board that supposedly had dual bios that was deader than dead after a bad bios flash. I would get your box and packing tape out.

It's gone back today, they will test it and confirm that it's dead.
Now should I take the same board or the Asus?

Decisions decisions...

Eeek, unlucky mate.
I was going to say that some boards that have a removable BIOS chip you can email the manufacturer about this issue and they send out a new one with whatever version you want of the BIOS with only paying the shipping fee. But it appears these days they are hard soldered on the board which requires too much faffing around really.

I can't pin down a negative on the Asus P6T Deluxe , it's brilliant.

Yep it was a one in a million, I was all smug though when I remembered the dual bios thing. A bit like a secondary parachute. . . .that doesn't work.

Back