Just broke 2.8ghz with my 165

threedd97

Limp Gawd
0547 TPMW
Checking for stability right now. I'm running it at 1.5v.
2.8.gif

Thermalright XP-90 & 92mm Panaflo. Has a giant Panaflo 120mm fan sitting right behind it at the back of the case sucking air out too.

somehow i doubt i'm gonna hit that. :)

165, nice watercooling but crap pc3200 mismatched. thinking about investing in a couple of gigs of good ram (what, 200, 220?).

I couldn't get it prime stable. Ran memory on a 133mhz divider and stuck my voltage to 1.55v and the vid special controller to 104% making it around 1.6v and I couldn't get it to finish Super Pi or become stable on Prime95. I can sit in windows all day long though.

At 2.7ghz I can finish Super Pi, but I don't think I will see Prime95 stable. We'll mess around with 2.7ghz a bit and see what I can get it to do. Can't get it stable in Prime95 @ 2.7ghz either. It almost passes the first test and then errors. Oh well, at least I can get into windows. Oh yeah, the voltage I jus tran 2.7ghz on was 1.56. Sucks.

Almost got into windows doing 3.0ghz. I bet I could do it at 2.9ghz.

Anything above 2.65ghz is not Prime95 stable for me though. So that is my sweet spot I suppose, with air cooling at least.

How in the world did you get it to that on 1.42v... jealous. More or less get it to run stable like that. Got a good chip still though, so I'm happy.

Would my TRC matter? I see yours is at 8, I have mine at 7.

threedd97 said:
Would my TRC matter? I see yours is at 8, I have mine at 7.
Oh NOs.. I didn't do anything on the RAM side. Just dropped it enough (via dividers) so it doesn't hinder the max CPU clock.

Back