Just broke 1k threshold in rank

200mg

Limp Gawd
Finally broke the 1k ranking threshold. Took about 3 months almost to the day. Most of it was done using an intel e2200 which was recently upgraded to a q6600, the whole time running the Linux SMP client 24x7. I wonder how long it will take to break the 500 mark, position gains became noticeably slower @ the 1200 mark.

Congrats!
I remember when I first broke into the top 1000, good times, good times.

Time to get that GPU up. The hill gets steeper and more WU crunching will help with the accent .

Congrats

I didn't really look at the point system when I setup this client, I just set it up w/ defaults and let it run. I was looking over the team rank list and noticed that I have 208 total WU's for a total of 260k points. Some of the people around me have, in some cases, 2 to 4 times as many WU's and less points overall. Does the Linux SMP client receive differen't WU's than a windows client? Larger calculations for more points per WU perhaps?

Time to get that GPU up. The hill gets steeper and more WU crunching will help with the accent .

Congrats

Prior to my last reformat I occasionally used the gpu client on my 8800gtx, and that sucker turns out the points. Any idea on when a fully supported native linux gpu client will be out? I have heard about the current gpu client running on wine...

Wow! I just started....just broke the 411,000 rank mark, lol.

Im going to have to set up an smp with a spare box...

Prior to my last reformat I occasionally used the gpu client on my 8800gtx, and that sucker turns out the points. Any idea on when a fully supported native linux gpu client will be out? I have heard about the current gpu client running on wine...

You can get it working in wine at about 95% the speed as in windows (well worth it I'm told)

You should be able to fine what you need here.

Good job. Onward to many more milestones.
It's a marathon, not a sprint. :)

Great start, now release your ambitions, and give in to folding...you're starting to feel the power of the [H]ard Side. :D

Congrats!!! Yes as you climb the ranks, the movement up is significantly slower :D

I was once in the top 100 for about an hour...but that's been like 4 years ago. :p

Good job!

I was once in the top 100 for about an hour...but that's been like 4 years ago. :p

Good job!

You know Oldie, we would all welcome you back in the top 100 if you really wanted to join us again... ;)

Back