Just brainstorming with my Cosmos 1000 (Updated with pic)

adamvk

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know how nice this stuff actually looks/applies?

http://www.mnpctech.com/Black_Vinyl_Film.html

I am thinking putting that on the side panels would look freaking sweet, but I don't know how cutting would be because Cosmos has those weird shaped panels.

edit: Also looking for other easy/cheap mods that would look cool.

2nd edit: My Main PC is broken, which has all my adobe imaging programs, so I am using my other PC, using just MS Paint....So bear with me, but this is the general idea I have. I think the stripes might make it a little hard to do, but would look cool.

000000061878.jpg

Why not just take the case down to a local vinyl shop? Show them your picture there and I'm sure they can do whatever you want.

Just look in the phone book for graphic/sign shops. The design possibilities would be endless I'd imagine. Do you see what those guys do with some of the commercial vehicles? Some pretty wild stuff.

I know a guy in my town that does vinyl work. Prices may vary were you live, but something as simple as a sign that sticks to the side of a car costs about $200 bucks here. It seems to me that taking it to a vinyl guy is going to be spendy.

The only thing I see being a problem with your design is the edges lining up cleanly. Your going to have a lot of edges joining up to each other perfectly to make it look right. I dont know, but maybe a paper cutter would help with that. At the very least you will need a straight edge and a very steady hand cutting it.

I think your idea definitely has possibilities but its going to take some skillz to get it going, Might take several tries to get it right, might want to order some extra. But hey, thats the fun of doing this kind of stuff yourself. You learn as you go. I havne't seen to many cases with this so it will look pretty unique.

Most of your sign shops now do Vinyl stickers for Semi's and such, should be peice of cake for a computer case.

If you don't want to Vinyl, you could tape of parts and paint it :D..

But the Vinyl you could goto a graphics place and they could probably print you something...

as far as applying it you can try yourself, or I'm sure the people at the graphics place will know people.

Back