Just bought my x800 pro

logicality12

Weaksauce
OK, i just bought a new video card for $435. I got the Sapphire x800 pro and I plan on modding it to an XT. Any tips? I heard that you should use some sort of manicure thing to put over the conductive pen stuff so it sticks. I'm semi new to modding, but I built my own computer and know what to do and what not to do so I shouldn't break anything.

logicality12 said:
OK, i just bought a new video card for $435. I got the Sapphire x800 pro and I plan on modding it to an XT. Any tips? I heard that you should use some sort of manicure thing to put over the conductive pen stuff so it sticks. I'm semi new to modding, but I built my own computer and know what to do and what not to do so I shouldn't break anything.

Follow the instructions where you "heard" about the manicuring:

http://www.pcunleash.com/bbs/zboard...n&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=26

It was on the front page.

heard, read, same difference. I already read the whole step by step process, but I am still a little bit confused. After you have modded the card, do you have to add extra cooling to the card like a VGA silencer or something to that effect?

Nope.. .mod the bridge and flash the bios is the simple instructions. I think the XT-PE uses the same heatsink as the Pro. Just wish we got the rage chip too.....

It's for semi-vivo functionality. Like giving us the ability to do minor video capture like the All in Wonder cards do. So essentially the same as the vivo Nvidia based cards.

logicality12 said:
OK, i just bought a new video card for $435. I got the Sapphire x800 pro and I plan on modding it to an XT. Any tips?

any tips?

hope that you dont have any muscle spasms when you're scrapping your $400+ video card with an Exacto knife. :D

Back