Just bought DAYZ SA

the current state of the game is very much similar to the mod content wise when it initially released, the map is a huge improvement, the new inventory is a massive improvement (functions similarly to diablo's inventory system), and the game runs about twice as smooth as the arma II mod does.

If you dont want to deal with bugs etc then don't buy it, if you had fun with the mod when it first released(not four patches in) then you probably wont mind the state the game is in now. for 30 bucks I think its worth it but I also put about 300 hours or so in on the mod.

How is the aiming? I'm not sure if it's a problem for others, but in the mod I can't hit a damn thing because there easily detectable input lag (normally I'm not too sensitive about that sort of thing) and I also often "overshoot" like there is some mouse acceleration even though I believe I turned it (or mouse smoothing, whatever the option is) off.

Right now there's mouse deceleration. It's unpleasant, but a known issue. There's also X/Y axis sensitivity mismatch.

In ArmA 2 I'm pretty sure it's there to simulate the weight of a weapon, and also the fact that you can't 360 no scope in 0.01 seconds in real life.

Yikes. $30 for an early-access game? Considering it currently has two weapons, no vehicles and (probably) minor bugs galore, that's...yeesh.

Everyone knows that you get the final retail copy for free when you get EA... right? And EA is cheaper than when it goes full retail?

It really seems like people do not know that, lately.

How could a person use the term "early-access" correctly, as I did, and not understand its implications?

How is the aiming? I'm not sure if it's a problem for others, but in the mod I can't hit a damn thing because there easily detectable input lag (normally I'm not too sensitive about that sort of thing) and I also often "overshoot" like there is some mouse acceleration even though I believe I turned it (or mouse smoothing, whatever the option is) off.

I guess what I would say is that aiming feels much closer to what it would in a more mainstream FPS, as near as I can tell that whole zooming to simulate the focus of a human eye thing is gone. I haven't had a chance to use the m4 yet but I can say pretty confidently that with the new system I am able to get well placed shots with the Mosin off far quicker than I would have been able to in the mod with say a Lee Enfield.

Its weird, there are so many little changes they've made to the game that are sort of like background noise but they add up to a huge difference in the way it feels to play.

I would agree with you but i don't have this issue in a3

Yeah, because they didn't implement it in ArmA 3. And several people were actually pissed about it.

In any case, it's not a bug/issue, it's a design decision, for better or worse.

Everyone knows that you get the final retail copy for free when you get EA... right? And EA is cheaper than when it goes full retail?

It really seems like people do not know that, lately.

You dont seem to get that thats the problem. If $30 is the discounted beta price then fuck this game.

I don't mind, i got used to it years ago. though its a bit of a culture shock for all the casual fps crowd.

You dont seem to get that thats the problem. If $30 is the discounted beta price then fuck this game.

Exactly my thoughts. I just don't see how this game is worth more than $30... I got Arma III for close to that price, and there are how many mods for that out with even more to come in the future (including Breaking Point - a day Z type, which is already out and qutie good). i also got Arma II for less than that which also includes Day Z and 50 other variations of it, as well as and endless amount of other mods if I ever decide to change it up.

$30 being the discounted price is kind of a bad move in my opinion. Then again it's selling pretty well. There's a group of 5 or 6 guys I play with regularly and they gobbled it up as soon as it hit the store. I guess time will tell. Maybe this initial funding will give them the resources they need to release features faster. Personally, I think that's a lame excuse since it's essentially Bohemia that developed the game, but it is what it is.

Not hating the game but $30 is max I'll pay for it and that is when it's complete or at least close to it. In it's current state it's just not worth it to me yet.

One nice thing about the standalone is that your weapon doesn't clip against surface so easily. So while the aiming is a bit iffy, things do end up working less jankily overall.

I honestly believe they're going to have a hard time justifying the price point of the final product. $30 sounds like the most it should be, in my opinion. Otherwise, I believe you set an unhealthy level of expectation that this will be a completely new game compared to the mod, which from my point of view it is not.

Back