Just bought BFG 6800 GT OC

ReQui3m

n00b
Playin DOOM3 just fine, no lag nothin. But i can still see some of the lines being drawin (i think). When ever i move my mouse to the side i can see these lines, i'm pretty sure they are bein drawn, but why would it do that with this card? Am i missin something here?

turn on vsync, and set your monitors refersh rate to 60. the lines you speak of are prolly image tears due to having a lower refresh rate than your frames per second. ideally, you want to match up your refresh rate with your max fps so you dont see this tearing

My monitor refresh rate is the same as my fps. But i still get the tearing, what if i were to change my refresh rate to a higher setting would that help at all?

try it out and see what happens. what driver version are you using as well? if its a beta one then just try using the 61.77's off of nvidias website.

I tried the higher refresh rate, but before i even played the game my monitor was twitching, just enough to notice. So i left it at the refresh rate that it was at (60). I only get 60 fps in the game, so i dunno what else to do?

Another thing is my cfg, do i HAVE to make an auto-exec to set my settings like: seta com_allowconsole "1" and some other video setups?

unless you want to type all those in manually every time you run the game

Does anyone know how to Uncap the fps in doom3. I think having the game locked at 60fps is idiotic and dumb. It's not like you can make the game run always at 60fps and any drop below 60fps our eyes can notice the diff. I think they should of capped it at like 100fps and not 60fps. MORONS.

Why couldn't they just leave the config's alone, and have them like Q1 and 2. That way i never needed an auto-exec. Anyway...

No i'm not runnin on ultra settings, i only have it on high, because i only have a 265meg card. I would like to have gotten a 512meg card, but they aren't out yet... And yes the cappin of the fps is retarded

HeavenX said:
Does anyone know how to Uncap the fps in doom3. I think having the game locked at 60fps is idiotic and dumb. It's not like you can make the game run always at 60fps and any drop below 60fps our eyes can notice the diff. I think they should of capped it at like 100fps and not 60fps. MORONS.

While I'm not going to completely agree or disagree with you hear.....but that has got to be one of the most closed-minded/ignorant/rude posts I've seen in quite awhile.....and you can't expect anyone to take you serious with an attitude/approach like that. Sorry dude, but ranting on about what you THINK is right and then insulting someone is NOT the way to get things done. :rolleyes:

I have the same card and had the same thing happen. I set my refresh rate on my monitor to 85hz and enabled vsync... problem fixed.

When i set my monitor to 85mhz the screen seems to twitch? So i dunno what else to do. Maybe i should set my res. at 16x12? I'm runnin at 1280x1024. Plus doesn't settin the mhz higher decrease the life of the monitor?

ReQui3m said:
Plus doesn't settin the mhz higher decrease the life of the monitor?

With some yes....I slowly killed a couple 17" screen from running them at 1280x1024 60Hz 24/7 for a good while. The quality of the monitor itself will come into question here, but most "generic" 17" screens dont like being run at their highest resolution/refresh permanently.

have you tried playing any other games yet? It'd be good to rule out the monitor/cabling

CastleBravo said:
Let's see, they can program a game, you can bitch on a forum, and THEY are the morons? :rolleyes:

Bravo, I can ALMOST see where you're coming from here, and I don't agree with everything else that has been said in this thread....but you're kinda out of line with a comment like that. If you've got something like that to say just shoot him a PM.....there's no need to dirty up public threads with suggestive namecalling and that kind of "talking down" amungst members.

ReQui3m, I hope you're liking the card.....these things kick ace. :D

Back