Just bought BenQ FP2091...

Surly

Limp Gawd
Well after getting burned on a bad Mitsubishi 930SB I bit the bullet and decided to bring a 16ms 20" flat panel home. Settled on the BenQ FP2091.

My god this thing is gorgeous. Not a single dead pixel and the backlighting is *almost* completely uniform, just a tiny bit of uneveness on the left edge, but I cant even notice it on an all black screen unless I really look hard for it.

I think the thing that amazes me the most is the awesome interpolation. 1280x1024 *almost* looks like a natural resolution and 1024x768 is also (surprisingly) beautiful as well. UT2K4 looks stunning at any resolution from 1024x768 right up to 1600x1200. I'm so relieved, maybe I wont need that X800XT PE after all! ( :) but I'll get one anyways for Doom3 and Half-Life2 :) )

Update: I even tried out Diablo2 at its fixed 800x600 resolution and it looks great. Perhaps a little softer but very satisfying nonetheless. The scaler on this BenQ monitor is impeccable.

Surly said:
Well after getting burned on a bad Mitsubishi 930SB I bit the bullet and decided to bring a 16ms 20" flat panel home. Settled on the BenQ FP2091.

My god this thing is gorgeous. Not a single dead pixel and the backlighting is *almost* completely uniform, just a tiny bit of uneveness on the left edge, but I cant even notice it on an all black screen unless I really look hard for it.

I think the thing that amazes me the most is the awesome interpolation. 1280x1024 *almost* looks like a natural resolution and 1024x768 is also (surprisingly) beautiful as well. UT2K4 looks stunning at any resolution from 1024x768 right up to 1600x1200. I'm so relieved, maybe I wont need that X800XT PE after all! ( :) but I'll get one anyways for Doom3 and Half-Life2 :) )

Update: I even tried out Diablo2 at its fixed 800x600 resolution and it looks great. Perhaps a little softer but very satisfying nonetheless. The scaler on this BenQ monitor is impeccable.

hmm, congrats, sounds good. How much did you pay/where did you buy it and do you notice any ghosting? How does this compare with the 2d image/color quality of the 193P? Any reviews that helped you make this decision (links please?)_

oozish said:
hmm, congrats, sounds good. How much did you pay/where did you buy it and do you notice any ghosting? How does this compare with the 2d image/color quality of the 193P? Any reviews that helped you make this decision (links please?)_

I bought it for $1599 canadian. I havent had the chance to directly compare to the 193P but AFAIC its night and day compared to the Mitsu 930 I had bought a week ago.

I havent had the chance to do exhaustive ghosting tests, but UT2K4, BF:V and Painkiller (lots od dark scenes in this one) all play fantastic without any ghosting at all.

I really couldnt be happier and I held out against a flat panel for my personal use for a loooong time (always concerned about interpolation and ghosting).

Back