Just bought an Ipod Nano

O'Doyle

Limp Gawd
I just received my Nano today. I gotta give it to Apple for the fast shipping. I bought it on May 17th and it arrived today. Anyway, I want to transfer my songs onto my Nano without the use of Itunes... I really just dislike Itunes...

IpodNano13.jpg

I have a Windows XP Pro with SP2 (if it matters).

I tried Sharepod and I know you are supposed to just copy the Sharepod.exe onto the Ipod Drive but it's not working for some strange reason. Am I missing something here. Do I need to install Ipod Updater or whatever software that came with the package first? Then install Sharepod?

See, it's just giving me this:
Sharepodpic.JPG

And it's not going anywhere. Shouldn't Sharepod.exe open up or something? If this doesn't work, I may try Ephpod. I just really want Sharepod to work because I don't want to install any software and to also have the ability of just plugging and playing....

By any means necessary I would like to avoid ITunes though. Thanks for any info guys :)!

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I actually figured out my problem.

For those suffering the same frustrations as I have, just install the Ipod Software (Ipod Updater, Itunes, and Quicktime). After installing these, drag and drop Sharepod onto the Ipod drive and begin transferring. Afterwards, you can uninstall all the Ipod Software that I mentioned :) and proceed using Sharepod .

Thanks again guys, I think I may install Ephpod because it actually looks like a nice software (I tried it when I couldn't get Sharepod to work :) ).

notoriousformula said:
also check Anapod

and congrats

Yeah, I actually have seen/known about Anapod, Ephpod, Yamipod, Vpod, Ipodagent, and countless others. I just wanted Sharepod to work because I can plug it onto any computer and have it work. I appreciate all the suggestions though don't get me wrong :).

I just have to fix my playlist to my liking now :). I'm pretty picky and anal when it comes to details :(.... This may take some time.... :D

Yeah, I don't have a suggestion for you, but I do have to say that that is the coolest etching I have ever seen on an ipod. Did no one else get it? Try not to drive off any cliffs.

molson3530 said:
Yeah, I don't have a suggestion for you, but I do have to say that that is the coolest etching I have ever seen on an ipod. Did no one else get it? Try not to drive off any cliffs.

:p Thanks!

Off-topic I know

what camera did you use to snap that pic? the quality is impressive for macro

pixelbaker said:
Off-topic I know

what camera did you use to snap that pic? the quality is impressive for macro

Thanks, I used my Canon Rebel XT with my Canon 50mm 1.8II :).

Rocketpig said:
O'Doyle rules. That's great.

It's even better if your last name is O'Doyle...

Why can't it be a first name :D!

jk, my name has nothing to do with O'Doyle :).

sharepod1oj.jpg

There's a SS of what I have in my iPod to make Sharepod run, all those files with the obvious exception of iTunes export, and Bootex are required for Sharepod to run.

May want to google those, and throw em on the iPod then try it.

There is something else you could do.

Do a google search for "Rockbox". It replaces apples OS on the iPod. You can then use any program to copy your files, even WMP. You don't need to use Apples database on the iPod anymore. Comes with games, diferent themes, fonts, plugins, advanced EQ, all kinds of extras. It gives your iPod the functionality it should have had :p

You can even bypass it and load the original firmware when needed. Plus if you don't like it, you can just reflash it to the original firmware. The only downside is it doesn't support DRM, so if you have music purchased thru iTunes your screwed.

sweet engraving man... thinking about picking up a 1g myself for the commute

Alias2 said:
There is something else you could do.

Do a google search for "Rockbox". It replaces apples OS on the iPod. You can then use any program to copy your files, even WMP. You don't need to use Apples database on the iPod anymore. Comes with games, diferent themes, fonts, plugins, advanced EQ, all kinds of extras. It gives your iPod the functionality it should have had :p

You can even bypass it and load the original firmware when needed. Plus if you don't like it, you can just reflash it to the original firmware. The only downside is it doesn't support DRM, so if you have music purchased thru iTunes your screwed.

I'll make sure to look into this, thank you for the heads up :)!

O'Doyle said:
I'll make sure to look into this, thank you for the heads up :)!

Anapod Explorer and Ephpod are the most commonly used as an iTunes alternative.

DeadlyAura said:
Anapod Explorer and Ephpod are the most commonly used as an iTunes alternative.

I'm guessing you skimmed through this thread huh? I already fixed my problem. I also already mentioned I already knew about Anapod, Ephphod, etc.... I'm using Sharepod because I want to be able to go to another computer without any other softwares...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time, I just hope you read the thread next time instead of skimming :p !

Back