Just bought a Wii-U, what games?

[L]imey

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

I haven't owned a console since the PS2, but after parting out my gaming rig, I picked up a refurb Wii U from Nintendo for $200 (ordered yesterday, arriving today, woot)

I already bought a copy of MK8, which also arrives today from Amazon, but beyond that, I wanted to know what other games people have been enjoying on the console.

I've still got my Y510p, so anything that CAN be played on PC, probably still will be, unless the local multiplayer warrants a console version.

Anyway, recommendations for things that are super fun? (perhaps something my wife might like to play with me?)

Wind Waker HD
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8 (which as you said is on the way)
Shovel Knight
New Super Mario Bros U / New Super Luigi Addon
Pikmin 3 (if you're into that sorta thing)

Super Mario 3D World > New Super Mario Bros U
Wind Waker if you never played it before
ZombiU for $15 on Amazon

I have been enjoying mk8, super Mario u, pikman 3, windwaker HD, and tropical freeze personally.

Wind Waker if you never played it before

Or even if you have. I've played this game through about 4 times actually (one of my favorite Zelda games,) and it's enough of an upgrade/update/change from the original. There's a lot less time spent sailing and changing wind directions (with the new fast-sail) the motion aiming is handy, and it's just beautiful to look at. Highly recommended.

I also agree with you that SM3DW is much more desirable than NSMBU (but that one is also fun).

Is there any downside to buying 2nd hand games on this console? ZombieU for 7 bucks from Amazon warehouse, that seems like a good deal.

mario kart 8
donkey kong tropical freeze
mario 3d worlds
wonderful 101
shovel knight
pushmo world
wind waker HD
pikmin 3
new super mario bros U

seriously... the wii u got a solid lineup of games.

I got mine a week or two ago and I picked up MK8 and WWHD immediately. I am planning on getting:
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
New Super Mario Bros WiiU
Super Mario 3D World
Zombie U

There is also the games on the virtual console if you are feeling nostalgic, although the selection sucks for the time being.

Back