Just bought a new monitor.........

Mikerocks2112

Limp Gawd
Right now I have a 8800 GTS 512 mb. I will be receiving a dell 2709W soon. Since I will be running at a higher resolution, should I go for a GTX 260 core 216? This is the last day for my 10% off coupon to work on Ebay so I have to make a decision today.

I have also considered the 4870 1gb since my mobo is crossfire, but I have heard some bad news about the latest drivers, plus none of the ATI vendors have a step-up program.

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
do you plan on playing any recent games or watching blu-ray movies?

Mikerocks2112

Limp Gawd
I play FPS, RTS, RPG, and MMOs. No current MMO's have grabbed my attention, so I have been sticking to the first 3.

I do plan on watching Blu-ray movies in the future once I get a drive.

edit: games I play are crysis, COD4, Fallout 3, and will be playing Dawn of War II

alg7_munif

Supreme [H]ardness
Don't worry about the driver, both companies have their own driver problems. I'm sure that there are a lot of people with ATI cards without any problem with the driver and I'm also sure that there are people who are having problems with nVidia drivers too.

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
being that I've used ATI for the last 2 years almost, I can say crossfire or no crossfire I had sooooo many micro-stutters from ATi driver 8.3 to current. 8.2 was the best for me. I was using a 3870 x-fre setup on my x48chipset. I actually sold the 3870's for an 8800gtx and everything was PERFECT. I have a GTX260 core216 showing up tomorrow and im sure that will be just great as-well. Overall im happier with nvidia. I've been playing this game FOR A LONG TIME, nvidia seems to pull out ahead everytime. Im no fanboi of either side, I just like a WiDE memory bus!

alg7_munif

Supreme [H]ardness
being that I've used ATI for the last 2 years almost, I can say crossfire or no crossfire I had sooooo many micro-stutters from ATi driver 8.3 to current. 8.2 was the best for me. I was using a 3870 x-fre setup on my x48chipset. I actually sold the 3870's for an 8800gtx and everything was PERFECT. I have a GTX260 core216 showing up tomorrow and im sure that will be just great as-well. Overall im happier with nvidia. I've been playing this game FOR A LONG TIME, nvidia seems to pull out ahead everytime. Im no fanboi of either side, I just like a WiDE memory bus!

5.2 years with [H] but still don't understand about memory bandwidth? ;)

Killa_2327

2[H]4U
Don't worry about the driver, both companies have their own driver problems. I'm sure that there are a lot of people with ATI cards without any problem with the driver and I'm also sure that there are people who are having problems with nVidia drivers too.

I still think that Nvidia's vista drivers are a joke. Can't comment on ATI's as I haven't used them.