Just bought a bunch of Memorex DVD DL disks...

dopee123

[H]ard|Gawd
.. from the buy.com sale. So what is the best DL burner these days? I have an older Samsung burner and something tells me I'm going to be in a world of shit when I try to burn a full 8.5gb disk with it.

If you burn DL disks regularly, which burner do you use/ suggest? If you have any horror stories with DL discs, please share as well.

My last batch of Memorex discs were like 1/3 to 1/2 bad. Would never buy them again. Hopefully you have better luck.

Any DL burner *should* work fine. Lite-On, Samsung, whatever is cheapest on newegg.

Yikes.... maybe your burner wasn't 100% compatible. Which burner are you using, so I can stay away from it? :)

Memorex DL disks are crap.
The Verbatim DL disks are much better.

Look in forums and will see that people generally recommends Verbatim over Memory (for DL disks).

all dvd burners aren't reliable at all no matter at how fast speeds are cause the faster they are the easier they mess up the slower but good reader and driver which no one can really tell. most dvd burners are dual layered anyways now but who knows which one is good?

Samsung SH-S203B, Pioneer DVR-212D, Pioneer DVR-215.

The Samsung is good on good media, but the Memorex is actually a pretty crappy DL medium. Verbatim is the safest choice for DL media.

For bad media, the Pioneer writers are better.

Back