Just bought a Asus Vivobook. Anyone have one? Have a few Windows 8 questions.

zamardii

2[H]4U
So I bought the Staples version of the Asus Vivobook the X200e and I am overall happy with it. Touch screen is great. Battery life seems to be a bit lacking but what do you want with a 2 cell battery. I will probably end up getting a external battery to give it some more juice.

I have a weird problem though. In power settings, whenever I try to select a different power profile like balanced or power saver, it doesn't let me and goes straight back to high performance. So I am perpetually stuck on high performance mode in Windows 8. I uninstalled the Asus power thing which was something call Hybrid4U or something like that... I don't remember. It was doing it before and after I uninstalled it. Any ideas? I can't seem to find anything online about this problem. Thinking I might have to contact Asus.

Windows 8 questions:

1. Must-have Windows 8 apps

2. Anyone with a Vivobook suggest what programs I can be without on it that Asus put on there?

3. How do you close individual apps since there is no top right X, minimize, and maximize button? And how do you switch between different running apps? Is it the top left corner? If so, how do you close the individual programs from that list that pops up on the left side when you put your mouse at the top left corner?

I don't have one, so I can only answer the last question.

To close an app you swipe down from the top to the bottom of the screen with your finger or mouse.

If you want to close an app from the task list... not something I've actually ever done before, but it seems I can right click and choose close (assume some swipe gesture will close it too).

I actually just picked up the q200e which is a slightly older Best Buy version. Excellent notebook, and I have that same issue. Check this out:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asu...vivobook-x202e-s200e-q200e-owners-lounge.html

I saw something about that somewhere but don't recall what it was. I just set mine to power saver all the time since it performs well enough for me and I like the battery life. If I find it I'll post back.

As for multitasking, you can do as above or also drag it out to the middle then down to the bottom. To jump between them just continually drag from the left edge. Make sure you go from outside edge to outside edge, don't stop at the bottom cross the bezel lines.

Oh also you can just make your own power profile with the exact settings you want. I think the bug or whatever the cause is just choosing balanced. So if you don't choose balanced it won't flip back.

Last edited:
Back