just bought a '77 bonneville core...

rogue_jedi

Supreme [H]ardness
...w00t it's copper! i got the w/ A/C version. or course, i think i'm just going to be cutting down the tubes, then drilling through them with an 11/16" bit so i can use the tap/1/2 NPT fittings i have already. where can i buy metal sheeting to make a shroud? i looked around at lowes, but didn't find anything (and didn't ask anyone either... contact with real people i don't know scares me) i haven't checked at home depot yet, but i don't really want to go if they won't have it. what department would it be in at lowes/home depot?

unfortunately, there aren't any 'real' hardware stores left around me (there was a good one, but they closed ~1 year ago or so) there is going to be a B&M hardor freight opening near me (July 27-28 ish) would they carry metal sheeting? (something i can bend with a vise/use to shield a pump/solder w/ silver solder)

i may end up just making a plexi shroud (there is an art supply store near me with decent prices on it)

i'll post pics of it when i get a chance (mind you, they won't be very good)

i'm planning to get 2 120mm panaflo m1a's to put on it, until then it'll probably sit in front of my A/C vent.

thanks and later.

edit: hehe w00t. just found out that the stock tube (the left one, with the tube facing upwards, and the right one, after you trim the bulge off) are 5/8" OD. which is really sweet, because i'm running a 5/8" ID loop! w00t for quick mod (i'm thinking 5 minutes to trim the tubes off) then, hoseclamp it, and i'll be running with a heatercore as soon as i fix my pump!

I don't know about lowes, but home depot will have some sheet metal in the nuts/bolts/screws/weird fasteners aisle. It'll be in a rack along with threaded rod, angle iron, and j-channel and such. The thin, galvanized steel will be bendable with a vise and be braze-able. The sheet aluminum is easy to fasten with pop rivets and easy to bend.

Lowe's keeps it in the same aisle - along with the wierd fasteners, threaded rods, etc.
lowes usually has 22, 24 and 26 gauge steel sheet - if you are bending it by hand, go with 26g.

other than that, online metals carries a nice variety of metal sheet. they have brass, copper, aluminum, hot rolled, cold rolled, etc. in various thicknesses.
www.onlinemetals.com

thanks. i'll check lowes/home depot when i get a chance and pick some up. i'll try and order the fans tomorrow, but we'll see. i also need to buy a new side panel for my lian li ($20) and the fans + adaptors to run them are another $20. i spent $24 on the heatercore/jb weld to fix my pump. my pump costed ~$50 or so. my new cpu (i think i cracked the core on my old 2100, but who cares i got a decent 35W 2400 XP-m) costed $87. this thing is getting expensive. and i may need to buy a new motherboard. and i need to get a new video card (i have a 64mb 9000Pro, and it isn't really cutting it anymore. but then, it never really did:p) maybe i should set up a donation fund so i can buy all the stuff i need... anyone feeling generous? you can email me.
j/k unless you really really want to send me money...

Back