just bought 9800pro, do I get HL2 for free?

harmonic

Limp Gawd
I too thought there was a deal like that. I contacted ATI, and showed proof of the deal, but they were rather mean and didn't give me a coupon. If it's not in the box, you won't get it.

howifeelboutyou.jpg

It was only with the 9x00xt cards and then the 9800xt only. I think they have stopped it all together now.

No some of the 9800pros had the HL2 coupon. I know cause mine came with one. I think only HIS was the only one that bundle it with their ICEQ cards.

My brother still has his HL2 coupon from the 9600xt he bought...it will be interesting, when the game finally comes out, if he gets his copy.

As to your question...only the XT cards were eligible.

Mine didn't come in the box (BBA 9800 non-pro), but it had a mail-in "rebate" coupon for the HL2 key. I received it a few months ago. Fry's and Microcenter did that deal, but now it's far too late to send it in even if you did buy it from one of those places. So yeah, you're out of luck.

lostinms said:
No some of the 9800pros had the HL2 coupon. I know cause mine came with one. I think only HIS was the only one that bundle it with their ICEQ cards.
Hm... I pretty sure they didn't. It was just 9600Xt and 9800XT as a promotion.

there was a deal for a very short time that if you bought a 9800pro normal you got the HL2 coupon.

^yep

And if you still have your coupon you still get the game when it's released. They cannot just magically void those.

my dad bought a 9800 non-pro and got one from microcenter. im using it now for the HL platinum pcak. ati voucher owners also get Counterstrike Source Beta for free too, it should be coming out in a few days.

Back