Just beat Halo 2 ... you guys were right

bonkrowave

2[H]4U
Well I just beat Halo 2 the other day, and well you guys are right.

The end really sucked.

*************SPOILER****************

When the Halos were shut down, set to standby and ready for remote ativation, I was excited to be back on earth for the final battle, .... and then the damn credits role ?

Jesus now if that isn't a cock tease I dont know what is.

Halo 2 summerised in one sentence...

Monkey Bible Thumpers from Outer space.

Halo 2 was no where as good as Halo because the large open space were gone and it felt confined just like any other FPS.

Wrench00 said:
Halo 2 summerised in one sentence...

Monkey Bible Thumpers from Outer space.

Halo 2 was no where as good as Halo because the large open space were gone and it felt confined just like any other FPS.

Thing is, IMO halo didnt have very many large open spaces really. I think it was just more good level design that made it feel like large open spaces.

I wouldnt say Halo 2 is/was a bad game. Just not as gripping as the first.

Yeah, the ending blew. But I'm having a blast with it online... I've forgotten the ending already.

Hopefully Halo 2.5 (if it's real) ties up the loose ends. Otherwise, I hope Halo 3 is coming real soon....

Call me crazy .... but when I was checking into Halo 2 before it was released, I downloaded a bunch of videos ... and a fair amount of the content in thoose videos did not appear anywhere in the game ??

Syphon Filter said:
Thing is, IMO halo didnt have very many large open spaces really. I think it was just more good level design that made it feel like large open spaces.

Halo didn't have good level design. Every single room in each area looked exactly the same. While it had good area variety, that's not the same as good level design.

I thought Halo 2 was far more engaging than 1.

bonkrowave said:
Call me crazy .... but when I was checking into Halo 2 before it was released, I downloaded a bunch of videos ... and a fair amount of the content in thoose videos did not appear anywhere in the game ??

The making-of DVD in the limited edition covers this. Bungie had to cut a lot of things for one reason or another, which is probably where the Halo 2.5 rumor comes from--it'll be the "true" Halo 2.

Terpfen said:
The making-of DVD in the limited edition covers this. Bungie had to cut a lot of things for one reason or another, which is probably where the Halo 2.5 rumor comes from--it'll be the "true" Halo 2.

George Lucas called ..... and he wanted his idea, ..... of making two different versions with minor differences and having customers have to buy the "complete version", after unknowingly buying the "incomplete version", ...... back.

Let me guess ..... Master Chief shoots first?

I really hate when what attracts you to the game is cut out. I wanted to get Halo 2 because the reviews made it look much more militaristic with squads of guys both helping and fighting against you.

So just in case anyone from bungie reads this, or anyone who knows bungie personel read this .....

/rude

"UP YOURS"

bonkrowave said:
George Lucas called ..... and he wanted his idea, ..... of making two different versions with minor differences and having customers have to buy the "complete version", after unknowingly buying the "incomplete version", ...... back.

I really hate when what attracts you to the game is cut out. I wanted to get Halo 2 because the reviews made it look much more militaristic with squads of guys both helping and fighting against you.

So just in case anyone from bungie reads this, or anyone who knows bungie personel read this .....

/rude

"UP YOURS"

LMAO!!! "Let me guess ..... Master Chief shoots first?"

I agree about having the content that allures you to a title...having that removed. That sucks. While I don't have Halo2 nor do I plan on getting an Xbox and buying it...

...I'm sorry to hear that many of the faithfuls lose out again. This seems to be a trend amongst gaming companies. :(

Wolf-R1 said:
LMAO!!! "Let me guess ..... Master Chief shoots first?"

I agree about having the content that allures you to a title...having that removed. That sucks. While I don't have Halo2 nor do I plan on getting an Xbox and buying it...

...I'm sorry to hear that many of the faithfuls lose out again. This seems to be a trend amongst gaming companies. :(

I shouldn't be so hard on them .... I really did enjoy Halo 2. The ending just makes me want to take a road trip to bungie .... well I guess road and boat ... to get my hands on Halo 3.

Although people do not like way Halo 2 ended, Im betting everyone right now is foaming at the mouth, to get back to earth and kick some covenant ass.

Well, you can look at it this way...At least you know there is going to be a Halo 3 because Bungie isn't going anywhere and sales have shown there is a demand for the game to be made. Just think about how many good games had endings that left you hanging and you wanted to play the sequel but the developer went bye-bye and now you'll never know how the story will end. Freespace 2 comes to my mind. I'd buy a million copies if I could to have Volition come back and make a sequel to that game.

i hope im wrong but i heard there isnt going to be a halo 3. i heard a rumor that bungie wont be developing anymore halo games because they want to do something else. i really hope im wrong on this because halo just wouldnt be halo without the great minds at bungie.

SparksNelec said:
Well, you can look at it this way...At least you know there is going to be a Halo 3 because Bungie isn't going anywhere and sales have shown there is a demand for the game to be made. Just think about how many good games had endings that left you hanging and you wanted to play the sequel but the developer went bye-bye and now you'll never know how the story will end. Freespace 2 comes to my mind. I'd buy a million copies if I could to have Volition come back and make a sequel to that game.

Shenmue! *cries*

Anyway, the only thing I really didnt enjoy about Halo 2 was the ending, other than that I had a blast with it, and the multiplayer is so god damned good at this point its worth every penny I spent....on two copies.

Terpfen said:
Halo didn't have good level design. Every single room in each area looked exactly the same. While it had good area variety, that's not the same as good level design.

I did say "in my opinion" :rolleyes:

bonkrowave said:
Well I just beat Halo 2 the other day, and well you guys are right.

The end really sucked.

*************SPOILER****************

When the Halos were shut down, set to standby and ready for remote ativation, I was excited to be back on earth for the final battle, .... and then the damn credits role ?

Jesus now if that isn't a cock tease I dont know what is.

All i can say is...told you so..lol :D

just like verybody else I agree 100%. I was all excited and ready to kick some ass then I start to see names, then I procede to curse uncontrolably. also look at HL2 there were tons of sweet things showed at E3 that were not in the game. granted code was stolen but those parts looked to be a big part of the game. if halo 2.5 is a true thing it better not be some "directors" cut crap or I will be mad. it better pick up where 2 left off. i still had fun with the game and enjoyed it more than 1 personally.

bonkrowave said:
I shouldn't be so hard on them .... I really did enjoy Halo 2. The ending just makes me want to take a road trip to bungie .... well I guess road and boat ... to get my hands on Halo 3.

Although people do not like way Halo 2 ended, Im betting everyone right now is foaming at the mouth, to get back to earth and kick some covenant ass.
Can't say that I haven't been in that same 'boat' once or twice before. I just wish that developers would make a game. A whole game. Finish the game THEN send it to the masses. :mad:

SparksNelec said:
The problem with Volition is that they were bought out by some other company toward the end when FS2 was rolled out. The new parent company wanted nothing to do with the Freespace line of games. :(

bonkorave said:

Well, if the 2.5 rumor is true, you won't really be "buying" Halo 2.5, as it will come pre-loaded on the HD.

Syphon Filter said:
I did say "in my opinion" :rolleyes:

A terminology correction isn't a challenge to your opinion.

naveed said:
I thought teh entire game sucked, not just the ending :(.

Then you obviously have not beaten it on Legendary or played Multiplayer.

Halo 2 was an ok game for me but it fealt like the game didnt really pick up untill the end. The first half of the game was a complete bore for me. I also wish it had more of the original Halo feal to it. It fealt like Everything was changed. When Playing the first halo I was under the assumption that all the Fore Runner architecture was the same and then I play Halo 2 and see all these varied Environments. To be honest I didnt find the levels in Halo that boring. Sure some of the levels just fealt like repeats but, it was damn fun. Halo 2 didnt have me coming back to play the game again. Unlike halo which I played over, and over and over. I just want to play Halo 3 and get it over with. Another problem I had with Halo 2 was I fealt so small. In the original I fealt like a monster and could walk into anything empy a couple clips from my assualt rifle and move onto the next room.

I was pissed of with the ending because I thought that the Xbox was loading up the next level. But the ending wasnt that bad IMO, It didnt leave me fealing like I accomplished very much but atleast I know what is coming in the sequal.

The E3 demo I saw a long time ago where you where dropped into New Mombadesa (spelling), was what I thougt the game would actually be. It fealt much more like the Halo universe. I can understand why Bungie would want to change aspects of the game, but IMO they changed to much and went away from what the original game was.

And what happened to the pistol? That was like my favorite gun and then they make is suck in the the sequal. I only remembered using the pistol once in the halo 2 becase my assualt rifle and smg ran out of ammo. The shotgun was still a great weapon though.

I will agree though that Halo 2 is much more enjoyable a second time through on higher difficulty settings. But it doesnt have the lasting appeal like Halo 1 did.

bonkrowave said:

/rude

"UP YOURS"
Could we change this to suit VALVe as well?
;) :D

Back